Thread: sniper rifles?

sniper rifles?

alright.. so my buddy wanted a sniper rifle to play around with at rec/scenario games but he's not sure what to do.. I told him to look around but he wanted me to check it out.. What do you guys reccomend.. a moded tippmann perhaps w/ a flatline? He just wantes something different to use, wether its something like a KP-2 (how accurate are they), or something that looks cool but might be useful to pick people off if given the chance... ... Any suggestions?

We have currently a box of spyder parts, a rebel, and a VM-68 I believe, as well...

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

check the VM68 forums, they can make some sweet sniper looking guns, unfortunaly the laws of physicss make a paintball sniper rifle imposible
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

yeah i know, i told him it wouldnt be accurate but he insists soooo i figure, why not.. Where would the VM68 forums be?

http://www.vmempire.com/ check through the galery, # 108 is mine... lol

Paintchucker Guest

The Flatline will have more range than the VM68 but it's not going to look as sweet!
    Feedback from: AO,PBN

A stock class phantom with a scope would be my choice.

For sniping, extra range would be useless without accuracy. A Paintball Sniper needs to be able to take a single shot (or short burst) and hit his/her target. If that is done at 50 feet, then they were successful “sniping”. And at a single shot, or quick burst, they should still remain unseen.

But… if they shoot a long ways, but have to keep shooting to hit their target… they will draw attention to themselves and thus be “bad” snipers.

I would argue that “sniping” in paintball is not about range, but about accuracy. And THAT is where folks should start.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Paint - thats a sweet mag..

I'm trying to get it together for him as cheap as possible, of course.. I mean, I could work with the VM, I have a spare expansion chamber for the front.. I suppose I could throw one of thise stocks on it.. something like that. I dunno. I don;t think he's keen on buying a used '98 w/ a flatline Your right, the flatline would give him better range but how accurate is it.. What do you think the accuracy is of a VM?

Originally posted by rkjunior303
    Your right, the flatline would give him better range but how accurate is it.. What do you think the accuracy is of a VM?
    One of accuracy's major factors is good paint to barrel match. Judging from that alone the flatline would be as accurate as the VM68, considering both had good paint to barrel matches. I've seen some guys w/ pretty consistant(accurate) flatlines but I'm not sure what paint they're using. They weren't to quiet tho, something that would also be nice in not giving your position away. A used Shocker may be a good idea too(not sure how much $ you had to spend tho) People always complained about how quiet mine was when I was shooting at them. I have to take their word on that tho because I've never been shot at w/ it! Shockers also come w/ LP barrel elves which give them more range

cha-ching
    Last edited by zads27; 05-05-2003 at 11:45 PM.
    To do is to be. -Descartes
    To be is to do. -Voltaire
    Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

tom has some of them^^^^

get a talon! best sniper in the world hehehe

But seriously, a paintball sniper rifle doesn't exist. There is no such thing as extra range. All you get is better accuracy, and I'm not saying like lay paint on top of each other accuracy, I'm talking about a 40' diameter range down to a 32' diameter range. Sniping in paintball requires good movement, staying unseen, and stuff like that. Long range firing does nothing.

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Lopy-slopy Guest
    If you want something cool to play around with a scenerios, try a WGP ELITE. They look like real M16 wich would be hella fun at a scenerio. Heres a Link to a site that sells them. 950 Canadian would be like 600 US.

I think he's looking more for looks and he like sthe stuff available on http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/guns0.html so I think I may give him my spyder and he can go from there...

wow, is he serious!? I'd laugh if I saw that at a field near me. No offense or anything but something like that is so useless. I just find it a funny way to waste your money. I mean, instead of playing, you transform your pb gun into a replica. (Living game by game is better than living mod by mod imo)

no sh*t right? that's what I said.. I said use the extra money and buy a better marker.. *shrug*

but its for scenarios foo, this isnt a gun that you use every day, its a special gun for special days lol