Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic RT...most unsupported gun AGD has.

A banjo bolt is what gets the air into an RT valve. You'll notice that on an RT the air input screws into the rail (usually through an ss hardline from the gas through) not the valve. The back of the rail has an internal air passage in it. The banjo bolt replaces the standared field strip screw -- its wider and has o-rings on it and an internal air passage that takes air from the rail and into the valve.

its a special bolt that holds the back of the grip onto the frame.

On the original RT air acutally passes through the bodyrail, then through the banjo bolt, then into the RT valve.

I don't know why anyone would want to slap tons of aftermarket parts on their RT. They are almost perfect the way that they are. Take off some of the extra stuff to reduce weight. Then, put a double finger trigger on it and you're good to go. I bought two RT's back in '98 and both of them still work flawlessly. The only reason the my back up RT gets used, is that I lend it out to my friends. If you want to address the ROF problem, I can regularly out-shoot my Revvy. Who needs to shoot much faster then 10-13 bps? I'm easily able to hang with any of the new electro's out there.
    I'm a lefty that plays with an old school RT with H/L. I bought a warp and all is right with the world.
    SocialD's feedback
    SocialD's stuff for sale
    Jaz Air Technologies barrels

But the good thing about RT's is that you can buy them used for very cheap because not many people want them anymore. I have seen them go for $250 before.

Good Traders: ClamChowda, hooch, ZakmanG, "Joe", UteMachine, Asym, JMD00

My Feedback

^^
    This is a good thing unless you're trying to sell one.

That's cheap! That would be a good place for someone to start if that were buying their first gun and didn't have a ton of cash to spend. You could then drop a couple hundred bucks on a loader, barrel, and hpa and be more then well equipped! You could easily spend more than that on just a gun.

Hmmm. RT upgrades! But I am continplating on even doing it since it still works flawlessly. Even more now so with the level 10 bolt in it. I have had this baby since they first came out, #00347. Just the way it feels and such. I debate everytime I play.. Emag or RT... Emag or RT... Heh.

To me the main thought that comes to mind with this is, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But you never can pass up a good thing.

Hopefully they dont offer the trade-up at the same time they call for X-Mag money.
    Wherever you go, there I am.
    My Webpage: http://betamax.xwarzone.com

Amen, Brother Betamax!!! I haven't even brought myself to install a level 10. I do chop from time to time, but I like my RT's because I don't have to screw with them. I don't even think that I've replaced and o-rings in either of them yet (#'s 2177 & 2420).

I like my RT BECAUSE I don't need to upgrade it anymore. I have the z-grip and the lvl 10 with a halo-b sitting on top of it for good measure and thats all anyone needs for an RT(oh, maybe a barrel or two as well).

Sure its alittle heavier than alot of guns. but by how much a few ounces? want a x-valve to make it lighter? by a few grams? is it really worth the cost of a new valve to shave that much weight off it? use a smaller hopper if you want to save weight on your gun

When I'm ready to pick up another gun it will be either a souped up e-mag or a nice x-mag, but I'll have to encase my RT in a safe and throw away the key so I'm forced to use any new gun I get because my RT has spoiled me for any other gun period. (except for my tippman come winter time)

THe classic RT is like a classic muscle car, old, proven, reliable and one of a kind....

my rt is pretty much upgraded to the max, I really wanted a ule body, but this trade in thing sounds awesome! Once you get it up tom, ill be the first person inline, Im even putting buying my cocker on hold

www.TeamNever.com

They did an upgrade for the classic RT, it is called the Level 10.
    "Shoot straight up in the air and hit the other team on top of the head...European teams do it all the time" D.A. 2001 Gettysburg

Any estimate on this yet?

Yeah, I've got two guys on my team that are interested in this trade in program. I'd like to see if Tom has any idea of when they might roll this out.

mh53eplt Guest
    I just bought a orange fade anno EM01399 LX, however I still love to shoot my Classic RT02316 LX. It would be nice to have a warp right ULE body.

personally one reason I don't like mags is the air lines are exposed, I liked the RT becuase it has all the air lines internally, too bad it didn't exactly kick off at the time, becuase it was a great idea