Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The French are Evil!

The French are Evil!

Fox News is reporting that German Authorities Intercepted and boarded a French Cargo Ship. The captain of the ship is now in German Custody. The ship was transporting source materials for making nuclear weapons to North Korea. The German government stopped this. Story is still unfolding. Brief details here:Bad French!

The Germans did all the work while the French ignored it. I wonder if this is going to hurt France's standing in German eyes!

"We do not support terror, we just ship the materials to terrorists!" *In a French Accent*

Link's dead, got the correct one?
    Great Traders - DiRTyBuNNy - midwikid - than205 - DropKick1 - jericoholics - personman - Siayajin - Remington - Jaymz
    My Feedback

My For Sale and Wanted Thread

Bonus points to germany!
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

BERLIN — The manager of a German company has been charged with trying to ship to China components that could have been used to help make nuclear weapons, prosecutors said Saturday.

The man, who wasn't identified, is accused of violating German export laws by failing to secure authorization for the shipment, said Eckard Maak (search), a spokesman for prosecutors in the southwestern city of Stuttgart (search).

He declined to elaborate or to comment on a report in the newsmagazine Der Spiegel that German authorities suspect the shipment -- officially addressed to China's Shenyang Aircraft Corp. -- was in fact destined for North Korea, currently under intense scrutiny over its nuclear program.

According to Der Spiegel, the shipment consisted of aluminum tubes, which could be built into centrifuges that can enrich uranium (search) for use in nuclear weapons, and were loaded onto a French container ship that set out from Hamburg April 3.

The report said the shipment was seized nine days later following a request to intervene from the German government to authorities in Paris.

The manager, from Koenigsbronn-based Optronic GmbH, maintains that he tried to prevent the shipment, Der Spiegel (search) added.

The TV piece on this was much harder on the French. The ship was apparently well under way and was intercepted in the Medditerranian near Egypt. Thankfully, the German's are still meticulous record keepers. The French though, !

Boy I really hope some of the roosters come back to nest on the eiffel tower!

lol know how in iraq the first statue to fall was pulled down by an army tank retriever... wel my dad has the theory that one day paris should wake up to some guy at the foot of the eifel tower going " a little to the left.... little more there you go, Pull it down"

Okay 1de that is totally irresponsible! A German is accused of shipping stuff on a French ship and it is caught by German authorities and stopped and you blame the French as if they were conspiring against us? Did they even know what the shipment was? The German authorities asked Frances permission to intervene which was presumably granted since it was caught. This sounds like the criminal activities of individuals versus conspiring nations!

If a U.S. business man puts cocaine on a Mexican ship on its way to England do the English suddenly blame our nation for conspiring against them even though it is the criminal activities of one man?
    ULE Body Level 10 Automag intelliframe + retrovalve

Forget Syria, Iran, and North Korea!

Maybe we should forget the three above and just invade France! It shouldn't take too long. We can send over a few cub scout troops and occupy them with the Brownies!

They really are no longer our allies!

Still breaking!

Originally posted by aaron_mag
    Okay 1de that is totally irresponsible! A German is accused of shipping stuff on a French ship and it is caught by German authorities and stopped and you blame the French as if they were conspiring against us? Did they even know what the shipment was? The German authorities asked Frances permission to intervene which was presumably granted since it was caught. This sounds like the criminal activities of individuals versus conspiring nations!
    It is still a breaking story. The FRENCH CAPTAIN of the FRENCH SHIP was arrested by GERMAN authorities while he was on his way to NORTH KOREA to deliver his illegal cargo! I said the article fell short of everything Fox News Channel showed. The French took no active roll in stopping this. Their merchan marine was fully prepared to illegally transport nuclear technology to North Korea.

The Germans had to intervene and intercept the ship because the French would not recall the ship flying their flag. The French could have stopped everything by ordering the ship to port instead of making the Germans sieze and bard her!

Lets see how it breaks out. I don't believe that the French would not cooperate with the Germans who have been their allies against the U.S. in recent disagreement. If anything Chirac has been strengthening his German ties.

BTW quite watching Fox and start watching CNN. Much more balanced and intelligent news coverage. It would be good for you . Once you have mastered that put on the BBC once a week as well.

Lets see how it breaks out. I don't believe that the French would not cooperate with the Germans who have been their allies against the U.S. in recent disagreement. If anything Chirac has been strengthening his German ties.

BTW quite watching Fox and start watching CNN. Much more balanced and intelligent news coverage. It would be good for you . Once you have mastered that put on the BBC once a week as well.
    Dude, If you think CNN is balanced, you must be high. They just admitted 2 weeks ago that they were not representint war coverage fairly and were holding back on stories. Think again. Fox is definately the best. They're regular news broadcasts are straight out the box and very fair. The other talking head shows in their lineup tell you they are either conservative or liberal. They don't want you to assume shows like O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmes are regular news broadcasts.

stupid french....With their stupid hats, impressionist paintings, tasty breads, goat cheeses, and un shaven women.....

Boycott the french untill we offend them then appologize!
    RATPULSE SHOOTER

GREAT Traders: xspyx, predfan66, eric13, Ring,James, Dansim, JadedT, phil16628 anyone I have forgot pm me I'll reference you also.

Buy Blink's Black Dragun!

Originally posted by CasingBill

Dude, If you think CNN is balanced, you must be high. They just admitted 2 weeks ago that they were not representint war coverage fairly and were holding back on stories. Think again. Fox is definately the best. They're regular news broadcasts are straight out the box and very fair. The other talking head shows in their lineup tell you they are either conservative or liberal. They don't want you to assume shows like O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmes are regular news broadcasts.
    Oh please. Ted Turner was just blasting them in an interview about their (Fox) biased news coverage. Yes I know Ted is biased himself but one thing you can say about him is the guy is a maverick who shoots from the hip. I can't wait to see the Simpsons blast Fox news sometime (you know they will do it. They have no shame which is what made that show good).

Better to Reign in Hell than Serve in Heaven

Fox

"What we are seeing daily on Fox television is nothing short of state-run television, there is nothing "fair or balanced" about it. Viewpoints counter to this administration and the war are treated with utter disdain across the 24 hour live news splatter. That's NOT Journalism! The 'embedded' reporting of the war has sucked them into a foxhole where there can be no other view but down the barrel of a rifle at the "enemy" this administration invented by way of twisting facts, evidence, minds and hearts after 911. That puts people who oppose the war and/or oppose this administration because of the war in a "pro-Saddam" camp, which many of the political pundits on Fox willfully misconstrue as often as possible, like a mantra or hypnotic suggestion, furthering the polarization of people against one another over an issue which truly has nothing to do with republicans vs. democrats, liberals vs. conservatives. One either respects constitutionally protected free speech and the right to dissent, or one does not. Only one of these can be an "enemy of the state" and the constitution. "

-Sly As A Fox In The Box

JDub

"Automags.org. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Good article and well written. I'm glad to see such articles but while I see a swing towards McCarthy tendencies I don't think the swing will go that far. I don't think America will stand for that sort of stuff again. We better not anyway...

Wink Slow down there cowpoke!

Hey guys,
    I watch both. I also wath the History Channel, History International and MSNBC. So what?

I watch whomever has the better show at that time. What I will say though is that CNN buried this story altogether. That I don't like! I would love to have "All the facts" about this incident. Till then, I stand by the original story! French are no good salami smugglers!

That article is the worst. People like Hannity and O'Reilly do not represent themselves as journalist. They are giving their opinion from their point of view. I might agree with a afew points, but this discussion is about fox news. Why do so many liberals hate fox? Is it because people watch? The other stations are drowning. You can't tell me that Geraldo, Greta, Alan are conservative. They are all liberal, including Shepard Smith. How is that "state run" television. Because they have people on who agree with the position of the administration they called "state run" television. Don't you think thats reaching a bit? Again, these hosts are giving their opinion and represent it so from the get go.

Arrow

Take a look!

http://www.francesucks.net/

~Hills
    NVE-mag
    Certified Airgun Tech.

Collegeboy Guest
    Good article and well written. I'm glad to see such articles but while I see a swing towards McCarthy tendencies I don't think the swing will go that far. I don't think America will stand for that sort of stuff again. We better not anyway...
    On another site and on this one, I have tried to point out to people what they are doing by boycotting or whatever a person because of their political view. What they are doing by telling people who disagree with them, or the President, they are an anti-American and such. For about 3 pages, all I had was people telling me it is their right to do what they want and if they want to boycott someone for their political views they can and it is right to do so. While I tried to explain to them yes they can, but that doesn't make it right, it always ended up in a screaming match. Well I do think America can get back to the McCarthy era again, and I hate to say it, I think they can become worse (If that is possible). It is a said day when people are justifying the punishment of another for their political views.

About Fox News, the show is a outright conservative news channel. They only have a few token liberals on the show. For every liberal on the show they have 2 idiot conservatives (Not saying conservatives are idiots, just Fox News' conservatives). They let O'Reilly go on lying to people saying this is the no spin zone, when anyone who watches it with an open mind should be able to note that the show is nothing but spin. They allow Bill's actions to go unpunished when he cuts a guest off for being able to argue against him. Yet people still listen to his lies, his spin, and his one sided approach. Then we have Hannity, who is about the stupidest news person I have ever seen. You have him every night justifying US actions by what US did in WWII, or asking the French way they don't back us, without us they would be eating sauerkraut every night instead of wine and cheese. Is it just me, or did he ever take a history class. Let’s just forget the American Revolution, let’s just forget how it was the US that told France NO when they asked for some help in stopping the German invasion, it was the US who said NO to help for the French to get the Germans out. It was the US who only went to Europe when they were attacked and when the German army was already weakened by the Russian army. It was the US who only opened up the French front in Europe when it became evident that the Russians were going to sweep through Europe. He complains that the problem with the French is their memory is too short, but the truth is their memory is too good, and that is the problem. But that is ok, we still allow idiots like him to pollute our air ways with lies and spin, and claim he is telling the truth. That is the great thing about America. We allow idiots like O'Rielly and Hannity to do their thing. The said part is you would think Americans would be smart enough to catch on to what they are doing. But no, for every lie they tell their ratings go higher. Just another example of Americans are not looking for the truth, they are looking for someone to say what they think, and that is what Fox News is best at.

Re: another

Why not read how French really treat Americans in France:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2975103.stm

This was my experience as well although that was a long time ago. We need to get over the France thing.

1) Who cares what the french think?
    2) Why was there no outcry when Dr. Laura tried to have her own TV show. There was massive protests and boycotts over that. I guess that was ok though. She was a conservative. When it happens to liberals its wrong. Seems like a double standard.

"Oh please. Ted Turner was just blasting them in an interview about their (Fox) biased news coverage. Yes I know Ted is biased himself but one thing you can say about him is the guy is a maverick who shoots from the hip. "

LOL. Ted Tunner is as biased as a person can get. He did marry Hanoi Jane. Maverick who shoots from the hip? More like moron and borderline traitor, who was married to a full blown traitor.

Now you are calling one of the biggest capitalists of our time a border line traitor? Come off it. I said he was biased but America is made up of people with divergent views. Calling people traitors, unamerican, unpatriotic, etc because of divergent views is no way to inspire intelligent dialogue.

Nothing wrong with dissent over Dr. Laura or boycotting her or even listening to her. The secretaries at work listen to her and eat up every word. Personally it makes my stomach turn but that is what they want to listen to so I don't interfere. She has a holier than thou attitude which usually is a defense mechanism for a hypocrite but hey she feeds the dogs what the dogs want and they eat it all up. Nothing like listening to her moral agenda and tranfering that moral superiority onto yourself. Don't think that is what this country needs but I am only one person so what the heck do I know.....

SUNY Binghamton (or near middletown when i'm not there)
    without reading anything but the title of this thread i need to say one thing...DONT WATCH/READ/LISTEN TO FOX NEWS. EVER.

How about this then?

Journalists, not American Military Forces, turned up evidence that French Diplomats were passing along intelligence to Saddam Hussein's regime right up until we attacked. How is that for an ally?

P.S. FROM CNN!

I noticed that no new developments have appeared in the newspaper on your original story AND that the link to the story from Fox news is now dead. Why is that? I'm actually curious and not trying to be jerk.

Just got done eating breakfast at my hotel and they happened to have Fox News and Friends on. That my friend is a joke and now Mancow is a commentator as well. I wish I could justify being away from the family to go to Shatnerball this year (away from them enough for work as it is). I really want to light up Mancow now!

Yes I noticed the story on the diplomats and I had wondered why you hadn't brought that up. CNN is also reporting direct links between Iraq and Bin Laden which I didn't expect and was shocked by.

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
    How about this then?

Journalists, not American Military Forces, turned up evidence that French Diplomats were passing along intelligence to Saddam Hussein's regime right up until we attacked. How is that for an ally?

P.S. FROM CNN!
    It is a common diplomatic tactic used to try and avoid war. Or get it over with soon.

Why do you think the Israelis blew up the U.S. Liberty? The US was using it to give information to both sides of the battle in an attempt to lessen the dead and to bring the war to an end soon enough.

If you are trying to say that the French would give information to Saddam so that he can beat the US, then I am sorry, you have lost all common sense. Let’s think before we post please.

If a U.S. business man puts cocaine on a Mexican ship on its way to England do the English suddenly blame our nation for conspiring against them even though it is the criminal activities of one man?

i would say the french are just as guilty as the german who tried to ship this ****.

to my general knowledge, all ships transporting anything are to have a shipping manifest of what is on board. now, unless this "cargo" was snuck on board, the captain of the vessel knew what he was carrying.

then again, I could be wrong.. i havent read the entire article yet..