Thread: a question for those automag veterans

a question for those automag veterans

i've had a spyder and i've heard that automags are the best guns out their for what i like doing(crouching ,crawling, stealthly stuff). I'm wondering if i should just get a automag classic and just upgrade it to what i like or just get a minimag and upgrade i'm gonna base my choice on what u guys say. Thanks for posting

It really depends on your price range. If you plan on upgrading, I would get a classic over a mini-mag, as the only thing a mini has over a classic (other than looks -preference) is grips and a vert adapter. If you want something that is fast and pretty well upgraded out of the box, I'd look at an RTPro. They run about $600 or so, and are excellent guns. Good luck and welcome to AO.
    It's Bold As Love

Yea, get a stock Mag. A Mag can take the playing style you described. Also, welcome to AO.

what would be sum upgrades for a classic right off the bat. I don't know a lot about auto mags ..yet but i will . If i wanted to have an accurate shot,compact, light , and can take a beating....?

I suggest you check out the sales forum, there are guys unloading already upgraded guns for a good price.

some upgrades you want to look for in a gun are a retrovalve (very fast recharge rate), level 10 bolt (lessens chances of chopping a ball, this thing works very well), intelliframe (pretty much the best mechanical frame made for mags).

if you want a lighter gun, think about getting a ULE Body and an omega rail. the ule body is made out of aluminum compared to the steel factory body. also, get an Xvalve since it's a retrovalve, but the back side is aluminum and it comes preinstalled with level 10.

good luck and welcome aboard. i also came from a spyder and now shoot a mag. i'm very glad i switched to the mag side...
    AGD - We haven't chopped a ball in years, but nobody believes us...
    EMAIL: july@dmailman.com
    AIM: Sharpcelica

AO Feedback

For the stuff you say your looking for I'd also sugget going to the classifieds. Intelliframe is a major plus, also either a Retro Valve w/ or even w/o lvl 10 would be nice, maybe an X-Valve. I personally wouldnt go for one with a ULE Body, b/c if you do lots of crawling and stealthy stuff you dont wanna ding up your gun too bad.

heres what you should do:

GET A MAG!!

thats all there is to it. i have owned angels and shockers and such and i like my mag the most.

one its lite, really small, compact, easy to carry, durable, accurate with the right barrel to paint match, fast with i-frame and a good finger, once more thing....they are just awesome.

listen, you should get a mag because they are one of the best guns out there for what i think you are trying to do. and for anything anyone is trying to do with paintball.

i love mine and i know that if you get one you will love yours.

hope this helps. later.

Umm, a classic mag and a minimag are the same guns. They both use the classic valve. The only difference is the body, the mini body has the extra "shroud" up front while the classic body is just plain.
    Classic body

Minimag body

These guys are right though, if you check out the Classified Forums you will find some good deals on already upgraded(sometimes to the max) Mags.
    If you dont like used Paintball gear has a great deal on a package dealy.
    TKO Mag package

so , buy an automag..then intelliframe...the the other stuff u guys said. Could i put a J&J barrel on an automag that i used on my old spyder? and ne body know any sites where to get and new automag but pretty cheap..? thanx

o yeah hit "post reply" to soon. What about the feed should i get a standard or power feed left? yada yada yada etc.

In answer to your question, no. Spyders use threaded barrels and 'Mags use a twistlock. Powerfeed is better than standard feed.

umm, you can use a spyder threaded J&J barrel on an automag. The mags have a twist lock method of holding the barrel in so it won't work. Talk to Doc Nickel and he may be able to manufacture a thread converter for you. Power feed is better than standard feed.

I would suggest looking at the classifieds forum on AO. You can buy upgraded markers there for less than if you pieced it together yourself...

yeah i would buy sumthing off of the AO classifides but i don't like getting used stuff and i'd rather just custimize to my own liking rather than take off what other ppl put on etc....

So this is what i should get for my
    Classic mag w/ powerfeed:

Xvalve(retro valve)

level 10 bolt

Omega Rail

Intelliframe

Wheres my c02/nitro going..?(newbish ? but kinda need to know)

Here is Doc's Automag barrel adapter.