Thread: Kings of Chaos: AO Army

Kings of Chaos: AO Army

fun game for the AO Army to flex its might!

click the link once every 24 hours to add another soldier to our army. join as an officer to lend even more strength to AO!

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=652189

don't forget to help out our officers! please click as many as you can!
    SprayingMango
    Wicked Wayz
    mag-hatter
    AOgimp
    Dubstar112
    fenris69
    painball
    shartleysson
    FalloutMan
    cris8751
    what's with everybody joining and not posting?

In Kings of Chaos, you are a warlord controlling an army and attempting to become the most powerful force in Middle-earth. You can choose your race, either humans, elves, dwarves, or orcs. Once you choose your race, you cannot change it for the duration of the age, so choose wisely.
    You build your army by sending people your unique link (found in your profile page). If they click on the link, they will be recruited into your army!

If someone joins from your link page, they will become one of your officers, and when their army grows your army will get extra recruits. Also, your army will help them when they are being attacked.
    Last edited by MantisMag; 05-04-2003 at 11:05 PM.

i don't believe this is against KOC rules as it is not off topic (this is friendly corner) and it is not against forum rules (i clearly stated what the link is).
    Rule from KOC
    Illegal: Posting your link on a forum where it is against that forum's policies or off-topic
    Last edited by MantisMag; 05-01-2003 at 11:15 AM.

clicking on one of our links will take you to a page that looks like this. click on the button that says "Click Here to Continue" in order to add a soldier to our army.
    Last edited by MantisMag; 04-29-2003 at 11:51 AM.

you have now added a soldier to our ranks. you will be taken to a page that looks like this. hopefully with a higher number though. if you want to become an officer click on the button that says "Join the War" and register.
    Last edited by MantisMag; 04-29-2003 at 02:31 PM.

Any hints that we should know?

don't know much yet. i'll post as i figure it out. just started harrassing a few human armies to build some capital. first thing i learned is not to be discouraged by an initial loss. there's a large random factor in the damage you deal. my damage levels changed by 300 pts between two attacks on the same army. also as of right now don't worry too much about losing soldiers. they have it weighted so that you're less likely to suffer casualties when your army is small. so get to attacking people with similar sized armies. try hitting people with lots of money so you can take their money and use it to build up your own forces.

can you change my name to land-hurricane. I started a new one. thanks.
    email me at land_hurricane@hotmail.com with comments

pie sucks

i'll change it as soon as i see you as one of my officers.

captain wicked wayz at your service!

I chose to be Orcs...muahahahahaha

edit: can people click on each captains name once per day or only each like ...i dont know what are you? like the general?

so can people click on the generals name, AND EACH AND EVERY CAPTAINS NAME once per day?

yup! everybody can click on every one of us and add one to each of our armies.

join people!!!

well here are the results of the AO Army's first day of existence. as of right now i have 40 orcs under my direct command. sprayingmango has 4. wicked and maghatter each have 2 and gimp has 1. please try to click on them as well people. you can click on all of us. i realize the servers are slow but we appreciate the time you spend increasing our ranks.

i made some raids against a few similarly sized human armies to raise capital. not too bad. as you can see we won 3/5 battles and raised a bit of money. we didn't suffer any casualties but neither did we inflict any.

Name----Attacks Used-Result-------------Enemy Losses-Your Losses
    Velletto-------15-----Money Taken: 38290------0-----------0
    golddy--------15-----Money Taken: 22579------0-----------0
    golddy--------15-----Successfully Defended-----0-----------0
    IrishDolphins--10-----Money Taken: 15613------0-----------0
    rlenz---------10-----Successfully Defended-----0-----------0

i have used this money to purchase 20 knives for our army. no more beating on the humans with our fists! for half of you anyway. :o the rest of you are just going to have to make do. you're all big strong orcs. you'll survive. until our army gets bigger anyway. (the game seems to be weighted so that small armies don't suffer as many casualties ) i have also purchased long shields to protect us from those nasty arrows the elves are always flinging about. they also make handy throwing weapons as we saw in fellowship of the ring against that nasty aragorn fellow. there's enough for all of you so go celebrate. roast a few halfling's and have a party. bring me a foot or two. i'll be in my tent planning our next offensive.

-mantismag: Commander of the AO Army
    Last edited by MantisMag; 04-30-2003 at 02:02 PM.

ive been playing this for a long time now......

i had 700 men, but all the money now adays is in the lower levels so my friends have been helping me by killin my guys, damn unit production, it sounds good but its hell!

Character name: Aliens8MyDad
    Race: Human
    Commander: chuckxster3000
    Army Size: 483 Soldiers
    Your Current Wealth: 28,980 Gold
    Money you will get next turn (every 30 mins): 7,245 Gold
    Attack/Defend bonus: 37210 / 7920
    Your fortifications: Stronghold
    Your sieging capability: Dynamite
    Attack turns: 480
    Unit Production (one more unit every 24 hours): 22

I still dont understand...

When you attack someone...since we are your officers do our guys go with you to attack? I dont think your guys have been coming with me when I attack... I still win tho

i don't think they do help. if they do it only has a nominal (note the correct usage of the word ) effect. i'll ask around though and see if i can get a definitive answer on what benefit officers have.

ok the consensus is that officers and commanders only do one thing for each other. actually the officers only do one thing. the commander doesn't do squat. for every two clicks that an officer gets the commander gets one extra soldier. only clicks though. there is no trickle up effect and it doesn't count unit production.

STRATEGY: Due to the fact that people rarely attack me (hasnt happened yet), I have 7 of my 8 guys trained for attack only. This means that when attacking they inflict 250% more damage than they would being trained all purpose.

Now I can attack people that have like 12 or 13 guys and win because my orcs are better. This is an easier way to earn money because normally the players better than me have more money...and when you win...you take more money from them than you would attacking someone your same skill level

training and race bonuses provide a CHANCE of higher damage. weapons provide a definite increase. for now i'd say spend your money on weapons.

once you get enough soldiers that you start suffering casualties start buying mercenaries that are set to the duty you want. it's cheaper than training. you have to be quick to get the mercenaries though. more mercenaries become available every half hour. same time that you get your turns and money. they get bought up within a minute so you gotta keep an eye on that. mercenaries always die first so they preserve your soldiers that you got from clicking and unit production. however for some odd reason the soldiers that die are all purpose. so you keep the same number of trained soldiers even though they were supposed to be the mercenaries.

update on AO Army

well we're growing quite quickly. we just gained our 8th officer. do any of you officers have officers of your own? we now have 102 soldiers of which 15 are mercenaries. we haven't lost a fight since my last update. we've attacked 14 different people and won every fight. stole quite a bit of money. we now have long shields, a battering ram, 20 knives, and 3 wargs. we also no longer live in a dirty little camp. we have our very own walled town. we are mighty! i deal 10 times more damage than anybody with a comparable size army can defend for. i think i'm going to start branching out and looking for bigger armies with more money. that's all for now. see you on the battlefield.

p.s. wargs are cool.

can we buy more weapons than guys we have?

like if I have 17 orcs can I buy 25 knives and all the knives will do damage when i attack?

yes. weapons attack no matter if there's anybody to use them. if you get attacked your walls and chainmails will counterattack even if all your guys are set to offence. all your swords and knives and steeds will march off to war by themselves. yes it's weird. but that's the way the game works.
    Last edited by MantisMag; 05-06-2003 at 12:29 PM.

this game is neat.

I mean...up

anybody besides wicked actually playing? cause nobody's posting.

Mantis I have a question. Whats your unit production? I just got mine up to 11.

so that's how you got your units to shoot up like that! i noticed you caught up with mango real fast. i'm actually trying to keep unit production down right now so it's just at 4 because of my fortress. i have 155 orcs and i think i'm going to accept losses and try to maintain it here for a little bit to build up my armory. most of the money seems to be with the armies in the sub 100 power range. i'm going to stop buying mercenaries so that i can keep myself within attack range of people in the 80-100 range. there seems to be a whole lot of money in the 70's if you think you're up to attacking them. once you get up past 100 all the money dries up. that's the secret to not getting attacked. spend all your money as soon as you get it. i guess people with this high of a power have all figured that out. seems to be a plateau of sorts. there's some very powerful armies around this level. i'm going to do the same and build up my bonuses before moving on.

Attack/Defend bonus: 5450 / 1700
    Your fortifications: Fortress
    Your sieging capability: Ladders

I noticed that too. Actually in the last 2 days Ive been venturing out and attacking right around 75. And im actually winning like 100k at a time.(per 15 credits) I can find some people who have hords of cash close to 400,000 or more. I train all my guys for attack assuming that by spending my money as soon as I get it, no one will ever attack me. And if they do, they will win only pennies.

YAY! we are MIGHTY! just purchased a stronghold and dynamite. i'm home from school now so my ability to play has increased while my time to do so has decreased. this should be interesting. luckily kingsofchaos isn't that fast paced of a game. i'm not going to get slaughtered if i leave it for a day or so.

ya I just got a stronghold and dynamite last night as well. I like this better than midnight challenge because when I dont play, my attack turns accumulate as opposed to capping off after less than a day.