Thread: Working on a sear.

Working on a sear.

Hey guys, i need to know how to put a hole into a classic mag sear. I was thinking using a cobalt bit, but im not sure if it will work. Anyone know if it will, or alternate methods of putting a 1/8" hole into a sear?

This link about Luk'e sear mod might help. I contains some suggestions for drilling the sear and it's also a good read to understand Luke's mod. I don't know if this is what you are trying to do, but I hope it helps.
    Palmer Typhoon
    Double Blade Trigger
    Vert Male Stab
    Minimag
    ULE Body
    Lvl 10 Bolt
    Blade Intelliframe
    12 Inch Lapco BigShot

Yea, send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthy
    This link about Luk'e sear mod might help. I contains some suggestions for drilling the sear and it's also a good read to understand Luke's mod. I don't know if this is what you are trying to do, but I hope it helps.
    It's not "my" sear mod, I just figured out how to drill them.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    It's not "my" sear mod, I just figured out how to drill them.
    I know, but it was easier to write than, "the mod that Luke currently offers, in which Luke and other have discussed and developed for the apprechiable members here at AO in the aforementioned link above". Made my fingers go numb typing all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthy
    I know, but it was easier to write than, "the mod that Luke currently offers, in which Luke and other have discussed and developed for the apprechiable members here at AO in the aforementioned link above". Made my fingers go numb typing all that.
    LOL, it's all good.

I just don't want people to think I'm taking credit for what someone else developed.