Thread: Hypermag?

Lopy-slopy Guest

Hypermag?

Does anybody have any experience with a hyperframe. To me they look cheap. I've always thought the point of having a mag was that it was a great, all mechanical gun. Are they any good? How much do they cost and is it worth it?

Paintchucker Guest
    Bought one used and love it...

Only problems I have had with it, is that it requires a slightly longer screw from frame to body rail/body, and it doesn't work if the battery is too low.

Other than that, no complaints...

It is much lighter than my emag (not quite as fast, not quite as light a trigger) and much less expensive.

Worked fine with my mini-valve, fine with my retro valve, and now fine with my ULE & Xvalve...

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    It is most definatley worth it. 190 is average price. I dont know what they are new, but I paid 275 a while back when they first came out.
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

cgrieves Guest
    Hyperframes absolutely rip!

I bought one secondhand, and fitted to a Classic mag with a Level 10 Emag valve, I had absolutely no problems setting it up. A lot of users find they need to increase the power level of the solenoid in order to get it to fire, but with a little careful tuning of the on/off pin mine works 100% reliably at power level 5 out of 9 this means with an 8.4 volt NIMH rechargeables in my 'frame and I get over 8000 shots from one battery.

One highly recommended mod is to buy and fit a lighter microswitch (around £2). I can gently walk the trigger with two fingers on my mag and attain insane rates of fire.

It really breathes life into older mags.

wait for the ule trigger mod. it should shoot just as fast and be all mech.

Lopy-slopy Guest
    I personaly like the fact that that a automag is all mech. If you want an electro why don't you spend the 500+ that you put into your mag(mag225=hyperframe275=500. Plus 225 if you have an X.) to buy a nice electro. Do you think an electro automag is as good or better than the other electros in the $500 range?

If you want an electro why don't you spend the 500+ that you put into your mag(mag225=hyperframe275=500. Plus 225 if you have an X.) to buy a nice electro.
    when you find a cnc x-mag for 500$ new, you buy and call me and ill give you 750$ for it

as far as electros in the 500$ range, they dont come anywhere neer an e-mag.

Hyperframes are great. And when you say why buy a hypermag and spend all that mony when you could get an electro for 500? Well when people get mags they generally dont plan on getting a hyperframe. And instead of getting a whole new gun they can just upgrade..
    Sig over 50k

Originally posted by rjvemt1

when you find a cnc x-mag for 500$ new, you buy and call me and ill give you 750$ for it
    he meant an xvalve...

Plus 225 if you have an X
    well, i dont have a x-valve. i have the stock valve and a classic mag so the only part of his rational that applies to me is:

the 500+ that you put into your mag(mag225=hyperframe275=500
    so ill say again:

i think if you think about this carefully you will see that i knew excactly what he was talking about i was just throughing in the extra $250 as a finders fee cause im such a cool guy!