Thread: HELP Kawaski jet ski help!!!!

HELP Kawaski jet ski help!!!!

Hey everyone...
    My uncle decided to give me 3 of his old kawasaki jet skis. I have no idea what year but at least early 90's possably 80's. ANywase they need some help and some work and I need help where shoulod i start. No owners manual or anything please just LMK where I should start!! Thanx in advance i know someone can help thanx again!!!
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty; I woke and found the life was Duty.
    --Ellen Sturgis Hooper

well the first place to start is dont try and start them in the grage.

they need WATER!

second place to look is some well most are oil injection, and have a tank to hold oil (2 stroke).

make sure it is full, if it dosent have a oil tank, then it is probly a mix, and you have to mix the oil and gass before you put it in the gas tank.

then put it some water and try and start it

pull some model numbers off it and we maybe able to help more.

from the judge in the WDP v Sp case.... " i find it significant that aside from a somewhat limited notebook produced by gaston, the four named inventors offer NO documentation of there work or there contributions to the conception or reduction to practice of the claimed invention"

well for small engines like that, changine the spark plugs and wires will help out quite a bit. If its really old, it might be in for a ring change, which isn't hard, and while you're in there you can polish some stuff up.

My truck is louder than yours. A lot louder.

Good Traders: JT2002, LawFox32, Gizmolax32

How long have they been sitting. If it has been more that a year.

1st drain the fuel and charge the batt. also replace the spark plugs. Put in fresh gas and make sure you add oil if they have to be pre-mixed.

Take the time to go buy a flush kit so you do not have to drage them to a lake to start them. if not you can run them for about 30 sec and it will not harm the motors.Also with the flush kit make sure you start the motor 1st then turn on the water and turn off the water and them the motor. I don't know how many motors I have rebuilt because it was done wrong.

If they have been sitting a couple of years the carbs will
    probably have to be rebuilt and unless you are very (and I do mean VERY)mechanically inclined you will need to have a dealer or good shop do the work. Pumper carbs are very finicky and if you do not put them together just right they will not work.

If you have any other questions you can PM me. Good luck and have fun.

Darren
    Former E-Mag #000472
    Rocken Factory # 12+
    http://rockenpaintball.com

Thanx for the replies!! I will pull those numbers off now and let see they have been sitting for several yeras. LAst registration was in 97 on one and 96 on the other 2. the 97 is a 440 so it could have been made anywhere from 78-82 i guess. Thanx for yeour help and i have or will be pming you guys!!