Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The tell your favorite fireworks story thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The tell your favorite fireworks story thread

Its random, but fourth of july is soon
    i'll start us off

I was throwing bottle rockets about 4 years ago, and i can't stand wasps. While throwing, a wasp landed on me and was probably gonna sting me. ( dont tell me they dont sting if you are not nervous or dont move thats bull ) So i took off, dropped the bottlerocket i already lit, and two seconds later the thing took off the ground and hit my in the butt. ( the bottle rocket that is )

I have many more, that are better, but this one is at the top of my head... more to come if people post

My neighbors house caught on fire because a bottle rocket landed on his roof. Everyone got out except his cat, which died. Thats my story.
    I throw newspapers for the OC Register, it sucks...

i was lighting off mortars at my house with my dad. it was pretty dark out and we accidentally put one in upside down. we lit it and waited. it went off but nothing went in the air. then we saw all the sparks and the report, 5 feet off the ground. we hit the dirt and it was pretty cool.

I was celebrating it last year with my ex-girlfriend of over a year. I look back on it as the happiest night of my 17 year existence. It was perfect, the fire works, the kissing, the.....everything.

That was the last time I was ever truely happy, the best night of my life. Wow, I get tearied eyed just thinkin' about it, but I have to thank her for making me happy, I love that girl and she still loves me, but sometimes it just wont work out at certain times.

Maybe another time...
    Semper Fidelis

Load SM5 Fan Club
    member #4
    Treasurer

Originally posted by ZSigErik

That was the last time I was ever truely happy, the best night of my life. Wow, I get tearied eyed just thinkin' about it, but I have to thank her for making me happy, I love that girl and she still loves me, but sometimes it just wont work out at certain times.

Maybe another time...
    Know how ya feel dude....11years for me. keep ya chin up

Let's see... there are just so many... So heres the top 5:

1) This drunk guy lit a triple mortar upside down. It belew the tube apart, one went in the garage, the other undr a car.

2) We were having a fire in the back yard, so we emptied about 2 mortars, into a tume, then set a board ontop, and dumped it all in a pile on the board.... All i can say it lots of noise, and some big *** flames/sparks

3) Emptied a couple mortars into a pod, poped a hole in the lit, put to fuses tied together for extra length, and tape the top on. I was still running when it went off, so all i saw was some green shiz over my shoulder.

4) emptied LOTS of fireworks into this tootsie roll canister. Used a bottle rocket as the fuse. All that happened wa some BIG flames shot out.

5) Dropping misc. fireworks into the culvert pipe at the end of the driveway, and caught a bunch of shiz in the ditch on fire.

And something that I will do one of these days: make a hydrogen bomb(The Works & tin foil in a 2-liter) with a baloon on top, and shoot the baloon with a Roman Candle.

Theres lots more that I might tell if i get bored later tonight.
    Classic RT - RT02667
    Blade IntelliFrame
    Dye Ultralight

http://TheHybrid.net/

M80 with a waterproof fuse into a port-a-potty. I'm sure you guys can figure out the rest.
    Sorry, I'm old

I tied like 4 m-80's (or something mexican like that) together and twisted their wicks together.

when the first one went off it launched the bundle of m-80's right on me. I knocked it off and got slight burns on my hand, calf, and elbow as the other 3 went off simultaniously(sp?) right next to me. Very scary.

O and once I burned down an acre of a hiking trail with a home-made firework/bomb. Im not going to go into that story because it got me arrested and I shudder just thinking about it.

I was about 10 or 12 and my neighbor and I were having a good time trying to blow up GI Joe men w/ fire crackers. Not to explosive, but that's all we had as most good fireworks are illegal to sell in VA. We were having a time keeping the fuses lit and he got a great idea. He took one w/ hardly a fuse left on it and asked for the matches. He struck the match, lit the firecracker, dropped the match and used that hand to form a wind barrier around the other sides of the firecracker while he proceeded to blow on it. He then turned to me and said, "see they just need some oxygen", as he turned back he blew one more time and then it blew up right in his face! It was pretty funny because he started screaming like he was shot and there were little pieces of paper stuck in his hair, eyebrow, and shirt. Growing up ws fun!
    Feedback from: AO,PBN

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    Originally posted by WickeDKlowN

And something that I will do one of these days: make a hydrogen bomb(The Works & tin foil in a 2-liter) with a baloon on top, and shoot the baloon with a Roman Candle.
    Nah man, You wanna get all the heavy water you can (Deuterium) and heat those suckers up to... what is it, like 10,000 Kelvin?

THAT is a Hydrogen bomb

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

Talking Stupidity

Split a roman candle down the middle, and lit the thing to see what happened...inside the house(?!)

Result: 10 Chared holes in the ceiling of my basment, and a house full of smoke

Ice balls with m80's in the middle, proves to be an intresting snowball fight

Take a small diameter piece of PVC, then pop the top end off a bottle rocket, take it off the stick, light the fuse. Voila! Homemade roman candle.

Good traders - Armed & Harmless, Mixmasterphil(PBN) and Bud(KUSA)

LoL... funny stuff

Two or Three years ago my father and I bought the illegal display fireworks. We took out our steel mortars ( we've done this alot btw ) and put em in the ground. Didnt really look at them much.

So we stick an Aerial bomb in the mortar(Basically a m-80 only shot way high in the air, thing is the loudest i've ever seen or bought) and light the fuse. We take off and hear the thump!, and look all over in the sky for it. We couldnt see it at all and realised it never shot out. We took off faster than ive ever ran.

When it was all over with, the mortar had rusted, and the aerial bomb blew up the underneath so it just sat in the ground, and made a hole as big as a small sized computer desk.

Another one- We do this every year but its always fun. Some reason we buy to many bottle rockets than we ever need. Last year we ended up with about 15 gross's and we knew wed never shoot em all off, so we would tie together 40-60 and light em all off at once. Lots of madness, lots of fun.

My friend did this: he tapped the powder out of several bottle rockets and put the powder into an empty Chap Stick tube. He then put a fuse into the tube, but he pushed the fuse in too far so only a little was showing. He lit the fuse and started to turn and the thing exploded, because the fuse was too short, and he had several bits of plastic shrapnal (sp?) in him. Some was in his jaw and whenever he talked the plastic would poke out of his skin.

This kid isn't too bright, he was trying to make a home-made bottle rocket to launch a toy car.

Edit: Kid was only an arm length away when it went off.
    Last edited by m-98; 06-05-2003 at 08:56 PM.

Built a small mortar out of a pipe (bad idea to begin with, I know) and filled it up to the fuse hole with crushed pyrodex from a model rocket engine. Fuses were also home made. Light the fuse, stand way back...poof, cool sparks and lots of smoke. Well that was cool, maybe I will try a bit more this time. So I add a little more pyrodex than the first time, just covering the fuse hole. Insert fuse, light it, stand back...WHAM! at least a 15 foot muzzle flash followed an instant later by a deafening blast. At least twice as loud as a 12 gauge shotgun. When I went over to the mortar, its wire stand was ripped off and it had pushed itself several inches into the sand it was sitting on. I never fired it again.

I also built some duct tape fire crackers once.
    "I would like nothing more than to walk around
    wearing a shirt with a giant arrow pointing
    downwards, but I have this strange feeling
    that most people would take it as some kind
    of sexual suggestion rather than an attempt
    to infer one's final destination."

Originally posted by Smegma
    My neighbors house caught on fire because a bottle rocket landed on his roof. Everyone got out except his cat, which died. Thats my story.
    mmmmm, cat death.

my safety tip is not to trust the sheriff. i was out shooting off works and the sheriff came by and hung out for a while and we had a great time. the next night the fort worth cops came out and confiscated all our works ($250 worth as we had just set up) and told us we were lucky they were busy or they would fine us. damn sheriff.

Originally posted by OKJEFF4
    Take a small diameter piece of PVC, then pop the top end off a bottle rocket, take it off the stick, light the fuse. Voila! Homemade roman candle.

please please please make your sig smaller

This happened on New Years Eve a couple years back, but we were shooting off bottle rockets (in the suburbs) and a fire truck went by(just driving), and my friend isnt all that smart, so he shoots one at the firetruck, and hauls...It was funny, like I said he is an idiot.

My Feedback

Good Traders: B.C., RogueFactor, Tunaman, Hawpunch, TXStorm, Blade, T_Type, Mossman, johnny_g_1405, Load SM5, sicones, projectexodus, azheat99, gcube, JadedT, A 10Bando, beefstew, Jon/XPM, fenris69, Riot[Z-Grip], N_R_Z, AssassN, lgavin, and (surpisingly) AGDRules!

I heard this thing on the radio:
    This guy was talking about this time he was driving around lighting m-80's and throwing them out the window. When he threw one and missed the window and it landed in the backseat. He then jumped in the back(while driving) and grabbed the m-80 to throw it out but then as he was getting ready to throw it out the window it exploded in his hand. Since nearly all his hands were covered in 3rd degree burns he had to have skin graphed onto his hands from his back. He said his palms have been hairy ever since .

My Feedback
    Not Wearing Pants Since 1999
    President of The Anti-Pants Party
    Join The Anti-Pants Party

-=Squid=- Guest
    Well, me and my friend decided to make our own firework that shot in the air, via a massive firework rocket, shotgun shells, and his grandpas gunpowder. It worked alright in avery loud way. About an hour later his dad came in his room and said, "Dalton, you caught the field on fire again." I was thinking, again? Anywho, we go out there and his hayfield is in a firey ring about 100ft in diameter, we then preceded to put it out. This is the same person who burned his house down with fireworks when he was 7, burned hsi barn down burning trash, caught part if his deck on fire with a potato gun, and just recently did his house burn down again from a grill

In front of my computer wondering about my life
    Me and my grandfather had all these extra fireworks left over from when we went to Arkansas, so we decided to get rid of them by lighting them and putting them in an old mail box(My biggest mistake). So i get one of those bottle like rockets but in a larger form, i take off the stick, my grand father lights it, i throw it in the mailbox and close the lid, it goes off and comes out the lid and starts chasing me.

I also cut open moring glories and put the powder in a tin can and light it. Let's just say there was a verrry large flare and a lot of smoke.
    Lets all do this... get out our paintball guns.. hijack some airlines full of these "Special" Folks and run them into some things like The Backstreet Boys and Al Gore's Baldspot.
    OfficerGoat

Now this is something my mom got me doing.

Take a brown paper bag(like you would put your lunch in), throw a siz load of fireworks(firecrackers, bottle rockets, m-80(ghetto fake kind), anything that will fit). Crumple the top up, spray some hairspray on it. Then either light it, and throw it in teh yard, or just throw it into a fire.

After that, watch the fook out. you never knwo what will hapen.

Zhivago Guest
    Me and my buddies were hangin out in the woods lightin off some fireworks... I picked up a cheep *** roman candle and lit it, the fuse burned up and nothing happened. So i hucked it against the ground... and then it went off. Duck and cover.

zhivago......that was a hella good time. The next one we lit off was one of those missile base deals. We lit it and ran, and the things started curving right at us. scared the crap out of me. And that huge roman candle that zhivago decided to hold instead of planting.......

-=Squid=- Guest
    Originally posted by Torbo
    And that huge roman candle that zhivago decided to hold instead of planting.......
    Every true fireworks conneseur (sp?) holds there roman candles I like to hold bottle rockets, and sometimes the huge texas sized bottle rockets, and let them launch out of my hand Makes me look all manly in front of my friends

Me and 3 of my friends once got a lew of bottle rockets together just messin around. What we would do is the four of us would light them and throw them in the air, end over end. Upon ignition, it was anyones guess where they would go. I got beaned int the forehead and in the chest. 2 of my friends had their bruizes, too. After a while of hit and miss, we gave up... And just began aiming them at each other when they weren't looking.

We got pretty accurate with those things.
    Last edited by Cryer; 06-08-2003 at 12:43 PM.

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

Not FIreworks, but just as fun:

We used to live in a rural area on 55 acres.
    One fine day, I bought a Flare Gun on a whim.
    We were out back (me and Golobeno_soqoloma) messing around with that and other guns. (He had the flare gun)
    He sees a rabbit out of the corner of his eye, turns on instinct and fires in to the brush.
    Despite our best efforts (yeah, right ) to supress the ensuing fire, 3 acres burned to black. Luckily, it was our land so no arrest resulted.

Originally posted by Torbo
    And that huge roman candle that zhivago decided to hold instead of planting.......
    allright i guess it needs more explaination. it had so much smoke that he kept backing up, with the rest of us standing behind him, which would have been ok, till we all got ran into a huge patch of pricker bushes, with the roman candle going off in all directions, i guess he couldnt see anything. or something like that

Two Roman Candles + back bed of a pickup truck traveling down a residential road = fun for the whole family! haha

And yes, alwayd hold roman candles in your hand boys and girls HAHAH!

Hey, Mango-

Do you have access to riot control gear? Like Teargas?
    LMK, I'll PM you my mailing address.