Thread: Dont you love skipping school/work?

Dont you love skipping school/work?

I woke up this morning, and i just didnt feel like going to school. It was one of those days where you would do anything not to go to school/work. So i had the perfect plan, my sister and mom were at Penn State for the day for my sisters orientation, and my dad works til 6. Around 5 the schools automated phone servie thing calls my house saying "your son/daughter wasnt in school today", but, no one is going to be home to answer it, plus if someone was, they would just think it was for my sister cause she was is abscent today.

GOD IM GOOD.

time to go back to sleep
    Dub V

Where greatness is learned
    and couches are burned

I don't have to skip any more...turned 18, now I just sign out of anything I don't want to do.

Good plan on your end though, assuming nobody comes home early.
    "I would like nothing more than to walk around
    wearing a shirt with a giant arrow pointing
    downwards, but I have this strange feeling
    that most people would take it as some kind
    of sexual suggestion rather than an attempt
    to infer one's final destination."

I'm 17, cant sign out yet. But i do sometimes just walk out of school. I usually leave around 5th period, and we have 8 periods. I sometiems get in trouble, sometimes i dont

My itenerary for the day:

1. Pick up paycheck
    2. Go to local paintball store and pickup my freak
    3. Come home and wait for my clothes to come from paintballgear.com

Skipping school its easy to just make up the missed assignments, skipping work = you don't get paid.

Skipping school, is getting to easy these days, they have an automated machine tell you that you missed school, when the phone rings at like 5, just make sure you get it, if you have caller ID, just delete the number. Now with skipping work, thats just bad, if you do that you dont get paid, which sucks. If I worked at a PB store, I would never skip work because its something I love.

My itenerary for the day:
    1. Pick up paycheck
    2. Go to local paintball store and pickup my freak
    3. Come home and wait for my clothes to come from paintballgear.com
    I hope you dont crash, a person i know crashed while he was driving home from skipping school. Im sure he got it bad from his parents.

If I skipped one class, I would get six JUGs (stands for Judgement Under God, I go to a Jesuit school). One JUG is basically a detention, but if you get six like that its a saturday jug, in which you have to spend six hours of your saturday in detention. Not fun.
    Have Xbox Live? Check out LiveGamers.net (We're oh so lonely on the forums there)

never skip

I have called in sick to work twice in 14 years. Doesn't mean I don't take planned ahead days off. Why stay home and be sick when I can go to work and get paid to be sick.

For the last week I've been skipping work.
    But before you pass out any harsh judgements or lecture me on responsibility (I am 19 and pay for my own truck/insurance/paintball) I must remind you...I've been a telemarketer for a year and a half, can you really blame me?:o :o :o

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

Originally posted by HoboJudge
    If I skipped one class, I would get six JUGs (stands for Judgement Under God, I go to a Jesuit school). One JUG is basically a detention, but if you get six like that its a saturday jug, in which you have to spend six hours of your saturday in detention. Not fun.
    FINALLY someone else knows what a JUG is!!!! i go to a jesuit school too, and they are pretty strict, but you only gotta tell them that you were at the nurse, man, having toe surgery is great. TOO BAD TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! then 3 days of finals...
    SIG RULES SUCK REAL BAD AND THEYRE STUPID AND DUMB AND THEY STINK AND ARE STUPID AND I HATE THEM AND THEY SUCK REAL BAD

WEAK!!!!

I am the king of skipping i skped 78 days last year and 62 this year i havent gone to all 4 blocks for 3 years

I have also never been caught if u want to get around the automated calling things schools have just block the schools number

I know i know i shouldnt be proud of this but i am so there

also skipping work is bad i dont do that cuz then i wouldnt get paid

i work in the emergency room of a level 2 regional trauma center, i get to do too much cool sh*t at work for me to skip! so all you young people out there thinking about higher education, remember this; the medical field never suffers from a 'down turn'.

Originally posted by Cryer
    I've been a telemarketer for a year and a half, can you really blame me?:o :o :o

Give me your home phone number and Ill call you when your eating din....

Oops sorry. Forgot where I was.
    AGG!

Originally posted by Curly

Give me your home phone number and Ill call you when your eating din....

Oops sorry. Forgot where I was.

One time I got sick of people asking me that, o when they ask, I give them one of my friends home numbers.

I've called in the last week straight and I have no intention of returning. The world will soon be rid of one more telematketer

Originally posted by TransMan
    WEAK!!!!

I am the king of skipping i skped 78 days last year and 62 this year i havent gone to all 4 blocks for 3 years

I have also never been caught if u want to get around the automated calling things schools have just block the schools number

I know i know i shouldnt be proud of this but i am so there

also skipping work is bad i dont do that cuz then i wouldnt get paid
    your school doesn't have a system where if you are absent too much at school you fail the grade? Mine does, but im not absent enough for it to matter.

Bwuahahaa I've already graduated, so skipping school doesn't apply to me

I don't see the point in skipping work though, I mean, unless you had a party to go to or something...

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

Funny you should say that, because I just got back from skipping seventh. Let me explain to you how our school works: You cant miss more than 2 classes a quarter or you fail. If you get caught walking off school grounds you get a 6 am detention and a call home. If you are marked absent from more than one class a day you get a call home. To enforce a secure perimeter, there are GOLF CARTS continually circling the school grounds, and cops in the school. So I planned this like this, I got a key for someone's van that was parked off school grounds that I could stay in (just STAy in) in the morning. I got someone in my class to tell the teacher that I was having a dentist appointment (doesnt mean that I will be excused or anything as it is not her decision, but it will prevent her from calling home) During the passing period to go to seventh I went outside and tried to scout a way to get out of the school area, and surprizingly at my instant going out the very front looked like the way to be. I saw a golf cart and had 1/2 a second to make it but I got out and behind the tree line. Yay! Now im in the car... sweating my clothes off. After 45 minutes I had the absolute strongest and worst urge to poo and I would not dare going in the school without a pass again. So what could I do? Yes, I had to drive. Luckily I drive well, but im not exactly legal. I made sure to drive to a far mcdonalds where my dad (who was off for the day and driving about) would not be. I took a power plugger and got a coke and made it back 7 minutes before the bell rang for school to let out. The person who owned the car came out and absolutly could not believe it, literally did not believe. Even though all the mirrors were changed, the car was horribly parked. After it was inevitable I couldnt believe he didnt absolutly kill me (if I were caught he would be pretty screwwed) but all in all a good skip. Definiatly not my most elaborate but the most unique one for me
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

Originally posted by land hurricane

your school doesn't have a system where if you are absent too much at school you fail the grade? Mine does, but im not absent enough for it to matter.
    Nope as long as the work gets done and the tests are turned in and you do good enuf to pass on them you pass. So what i do is come on the days of major tests and quizes and dont worry about home workbecause tests and quizes make up about 75% of your grade i also find out what the projects that we have to do are and get someone else to do them for me.

Not the best way to better your GPA but since im not going anywhere after high school i dont care.

we get 3 absences per marking period before you fail if you dont appeal them with DR notes.

9 tardies is a fail too.

Originally posted by EsPo
    we get 3 absences per marking period before you fail if you dont appeal them with DR notes.

9 tardies is a fail too.
    Me too!

all you have to do to get rid of the audimated phone call is to either look on your caller id and see the #. Or dial *69 and get it. Then call the phone company and block that phone #

Props to echo419 for the sig

Skipping school for me, since I'm college now, would only get me behind in my work and lower my GPA. Which in turn could very well get me on acedemic suspension. As for skipping work, heck no! I need the cash and I'm not gonna ditch, besides I'd miss seeing all the hotties.

Moderate with Equality & Consistency in 2005!
    AO-WI: Player's List - Now with over 100 People!!!
    Karta #082
    Member #007 of the Unoffical Trina Fan Club
    Great Traders: automagfreek, ClassicMagger, Emagster, fire1811, Kevmaster, MrMag, Nicad, oldsoldier, RogueFactor, SpongeBobSquarePantsx2 , SteveDx10+, The Frymarker, Treefall25, Tunamanx3, warpfeedmod
    In Loving Memory of Eric "Po" Ison Oct. 10, 1974 - Dec. 31, 2004

well heres how it works at our school: if you skip one period, boom you get a call home and detention. however, the girls school across the street doesnt cross reference marked absences with my school, so i have free reign to skip my classes whenever i want to. ah life is good. but skip work, hell no. for one i like my job, for two i like the money, and for three i like all the hot girls who work there.
    TONIGHT WE DANCE FOR TOMORROW THEY RELEASE THE DOGS

Ummmmm,
    I work now, and I only work three days a week. Granted, two of those days are 12 hour days. I don't need to skip work.

Breg
    Giant flying dogs are gonna give you a flame-thrower enema!!!

SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!

Chuff!!! Chuff!!!

ABQHC

Calling out of work while at the paintball field is the best. Especially when you can hear the markers being fired in the background! LOL!

I can't do that anymore though.

Originally posted by Brak

FINALLY someone else knows what a JUG is!!!! i go to a jesuit school too, and they are pretty strict, but you only gotta tell them that you were at the nurse, man, having toe surgery is great. TOO BAD TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! then 3 days of finals...
    A lot of people do that, some people just go to the nurse and sleep on the stretchers they have in the back. That way, they can actually have the note they're supposed to have.