Thread: I got an automag!

I got an automag!

I recently purchased my first non-entry level marker off of Ebay, and it should be here in the next few days. I know very little about mags, and I need some help upgrading it. I'm still a newbie to the technical side of markers so I'll just post the auction's description of what's already on it and let you tell me what I need.

Upgraded automag with powerfeed and CO2 tank. It comes with a smarts parts All-American barrel. The marker has an expansion chamber front grip to make sure liquid CO2 does not enter the marker. Personally, I have never had that problem with this marker. Also comes with a shocktech valve for faster recharge rate, consistency, and little to no drop-off during rapid fire. It has a foamy bolt to reduce the chance of breaking a ball and a new bolt spring. Will include original parts. The CO2 tank is 12 ounces with an on-off valve. This marker was my back-up marker and was hardly ever used with very few scratches. This is probably the most reliable marker out there and the easiest to maintain. You can lay this marker down for months and just pick it up and play.

Sounds like some upgrades you could consider would be a Level 10 bolt, HPA tank, and maybe trading in the stock valve for the X-valve through AGD.

AGD X-Mag #XT00187
    AGD Tac-One
    WGP 2003
    Marker Pics

i would play with the marker first before spending any additional money on it. find out for yourself according to your preference what you don't like about the marker

I've heard lots of people knock expansion chambers. Should I perhaps trade it in for a regulator? On my Spyder I had a Palmer Stabilizer and it was sweet. Palmer makes a regulator specifically for Mags that attach on the side for $25 cheaper! (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images...l-mag-assy.jpg). Also could I have that regulator AND the expansion chamber, or would that be pointless?

whoa there. If ur runnin CO2, u really need to keep that expansion chamber to make sure u get rid of as much liquid CO2 before it goes into the valve. U dont hafta have it though if u buy an HPA tank, which is HIGHLY recommended. Also, a regulator isnt that important, since the Automag already has an internal regulator, so i will be redundant.

whoa. An expansion chamber is not really that efficient. Yes a stab will help tonnes more than a x-chamber at keeping liquid out. However at the cost of A stab I would recommend you get a cheap preset tank. Even a steel tank would work well, like a crossfire or PE.

Thanks for the advice! Can you recommend a decent yet budget-friendly HPA tank? Keep in mind that I only play on my friend's 8 acre land behind his house and shouldn't require a top notch system. Thanks for helping the newbie!

Like previously mentioned I'd play w/ it as is and see how you like it. Nitro might be a good choice for the future and if you head down that path then the Stabilizer would be a waste. If you were going to stay w/ Co2 however I'd recommend the stabilizer. A good barrel or barrel kit is always a good idea for potential upgrade. Also as mentioned mags are pretty tough. No need to break the whole valve/reg. assembly down and clean it everytime you play. A few drops down the ASA will go along way in keeping future problems from cropping up! Good luck w/ your mag and welcome to AO
    Feedback from: AO,PBN

i would keep the expansion chamber. No point in buying a cheap n2 tank if you just save for a good nitro tank. But play with the gun first before u start to upgrade it

you dont need the level 10 if you are buying the x-valve just to let you know so u dont throw the money away.

If you're just going to use it for recball like that then just keep the X-Chamber and all that jazz.

When you take it out there you will more than likely chop more balls then you're used to. The Automag has a tendancy to do that (many call a stock Automag an Autoblender). Just buy a 9v Revy ($45) and you'll be more than fine.

X-Valve

If ur gettin an X-valve or Retro Valve make sure that u run HPA ONLY. C02 WILL NOT WORK!

Daniel