Thread: Question about keeping your gun pressurized

Question Question about keeping your gun pressurized

I'm a newbie, so sorry if this is a stupid question, but I bought a used minimag and was wondering if it's ok to keep the co2 tank on the gun for a long time when you aren't using it. I'm talking like a week or two, does that do any type of damage or something? Thanks.

nah, my tank is almost always on my mag, it dosnt hurt it a bit...welcome to AO and good luck w yur mag dude, hope this helps

Before I bought my on/off ASA's, I removed the tank for one reason and one reason only: safety. I still disconnect the tank when I'm driving to and from the field. At home, I keep it attached but not gassed up.

You might want to check local laws if you plan on transporting your marker with the tank attached. It might be illegal.

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped
    why would you? I always feel kinda hesitant around pressurized things. Keeping ur marker pressurized for a long time can wear out ur reg spring.

I don't see how it can hurt, but I also don't see why you would.

If you do leave it on all the time, remember to de-gas before you drive with it anyplace. In Pa it's a pretty umm bad idea to have a gassed up marker in your car with you. If I remember correctly its a felony in that state. Dunno about other states but I'm sure most frown upon it in some way :P
    New Mag in the works.

Black ULE Body, Chrome I-Frame, Chrome Omega rail, X-valved mag.

Ice ULE Body, Black I-Frame, Black Omega rail, lvl 10 valve mag.

Red 2k3 vert feed cocker

you can leave it on the gun but dont leave your gun gassed up it puts unnecessary stress on your internals on pretty much anygun besides you might accidently shoot someone with it gassed up while playing around which isnt smart

Lopy-slopy Guest
    Why would you?

What's the point, It takes ike 5 seconds to unscrew it. It's also a safty thing, dont want it acidently shooting things when you don't want it too. especialy if there are animals or kids in your house. They might play with it and get shot. Even if theirs no paint in it there could be some random crap that get's in their and when it comes flying out at 300fps it could do some damage.

Lopy-slopy's right.

Safety First!

Besides, who wants their regulator springs compressed at all times?

Much safer to have the gun degassed.
    anyone who tells you there are no such things as stupid questions is lying to you so they can laugh at your questions.

It's alot easer on the internals if you depressurized it. I can't imagine it's that much work to unscrew a tank
    Red to Black Ironman Intimidator
    Demon UL Matrix Dust Red
    TEAM BACKDRAFT
    Broken Matrix or DM4? Send it to me, I'll fix it, just pay $10 + shipping + parts.