Thread: level 10 is being over-sensitive

level 10 is being over-sensitive

This isnt really causing me a problem anymore but I wanted to raise a question.

I found some paint this evening under my bed that I hadnt seen in ages. So this evening I drove over to my friends to do a few rounds of speedball with the guys. We play in his backyard when we are broke. Anyways...

I didnt have any air so I had to borrow a friends 68 4500 crossfire, as opposed to using my 88 3000 crossfire.

So I basically just filled my hopper, gassed up, and went to take a few warmup shots into a tree and my gun didnt shoot. The bolt actually stopped on the ball as if I had stuck my finger in. My revo was on and all was good. I called it a fluke, took the hopper off, and the ball wasnt stopped on the bolt, it was in the chamber. I shot again. The bolt kinda half assed into the ball again and moved about a half inch farther into the chamber.

At this point im like wtf. My bolt was stopping on the balls even though they were fed correctly.

SIDE NOTE: my level 10 has been set up and working correctly since I got the beta test kit back in the day.

So then I took the ball out and dryfired. All sounded good. I put the ball back in and the bolt stopped on it once again. I turned the gun sideways and shot it and it shot. I continued this process with my paint for about 10 minutes. The bolt stopped on 3 out of 4 balls. 1 out of 4 usually shot correctly. The others had to be shot a few times and at different angles to actually leave my barrel. The gun never really shot well with the hopper on.

So next I decided it wad the tank. Maybe it had a lower input PSI then my 88(both crossfires I might add). But to make sure of this I switched paint with a friend. I dumped a couple hundred of his balls into my hopper this time. Perfect. Everything shot fine.

So in conclusion for some reason my bolt was stopping on that old paint. I checked it and the balls were not swollen and they fit in my barrel.

Has anyone else ever had this happened to them? Or maybe wanna tell me why this happened? I dont want this to happen sometime when im playing.

thanks

PS: this is my first tech forum post in months!!

woot woot!!

SUNY Binghamton (or near middletown when i'm not there)
    i had/have the same problem. it seems to only happen when my co2 tank gets lower on air, so i just think it has to do with the amount of pressure in the gun. what i think is happening is the gun doesn't have enough pressure to actually push the bolt hard enough to move the paintball past the nubbin. that's my theory anyway...cuz it never happens when my gun has a lot of air. also, keep in mind that output pressure has a lot to do with setting up your lvlX. so if you set it up for a certain psi, then you get a different psi tank on, it prolly won't work as well. my $.02

ya that was my first guess too but im still not sure why it only happened with certain paint.

do you havea body with a ball detent?

I have heard of ball detents being screwed in too far to where it takes too much pressure to push the paintball out, so the lvl 10 stops on it.

Try either using a smaller spring, which will decrease sensitivity, or custom cut a spring until the sensitivity is just right.

Sometimes, the combination of a funky nubbin, oil in the breach, swollen/old paint will cause enuff resistance to cycle the bolt improperly.

Try incresing your runnin pressure above 500- 650psi, if your running an adjustable.

...ever in the continual search of time dilation.

Emag 4.0 "I love the way you turn me on"

this same thing happened to me when i used some REALLY old marbs, but i think its kind of a good thing, i meen i never really use old paint except for that time anyway, and with the levelX being that sensetive it means that you will (nearly) never chop when using good paint