Thread: Problem with my LX bolt

sturmvogel Guest

Problem with my LX bolt

My LvL 10 bolt just broke in the other day, so i put a smaller sized carrier in it and it worked fine. Then after a while the bolt was sticking to the main body, and it would not shoot a ball. So i called AGD yesterday, and they told me that the LvL 10 bolt is bigger than the LvL 7 bolt or sumthin like that and that i should file down the LvL 10 bolt to make it shoot a ball. What do i do???

sturmvogel Guest
    ???

sticking to the mainbody or sticking in the barrel?

If you can take off your barrel and shoot it and still get it to stick, you need to take a round file and smooth out the washer inside the mainbody. Over time, that washer will develop a burr and with the increased diameter of the LX bolt, it will catch on it.

If it's catching in the barrel and that's the only barrel you have, then smooth out the raised surface at the tip of the bolt with some 600grit wet/dry paper until it will fit.

sturmvogel Guest
    Yeah it's sticking to the main body. Is the main body where the power tube tip is, like that shaft that sticks out, that bolt moves back and forth on? For it to shoot a ball i have to crank the velocity all the way up.
    Last edited by sturmvogel; 06-17-2003 at 08:30 PM.

Also make sure the bolt stem is well lubed this is important if your using a really tight carrier.
    anyone who tells you there are no such things as stupid questions is lying to you so they can laugh at your questions.

You should NEVER run a tight LX carrier o-ring. Despite what Tom PRESUMED, it doesn't work better with a tighter o-ring. Always use the loosest carrier o-ring that doesn't leak.

The mainbody is the stainless steel piece that mounts to the rail. It's what your PF is attached to and your valve assembly slides into it when you put it in the gun. Look inside the mainbody and you'll see a washer inside of there. You need to smooth that out to get it to work properly. Just the inside diameter that the bolt drags on.