Thread: Various Cosmetic Questions (Classic RT)

Question Various Cosmetic Questions (Classic RT)

OK mechanically my RT has been running great for 5 years now. I done various additions and small changes but it's basically as far as it can be taken (within reason). I just bought up a bunch of replacement 316 stainless steel screws to replace all the ones that come with the RT and I want to replace some of the "dinged" parts of the gun. Specifically the sight rail (no, I don't use it but I like it and it's my money ). I didn't see it on Airgun's store and I did not think to ask John the tech guy to replace it (if they can).

So that is the first question. Second question is about anodizing/ splash color. I swore I would not do it, it's gaudy but then you AGD people did a really nice calm slash job to an E-mag that you have on your site (its a silver/gray/chrome/black/??? job and it's very elegant). Who did it and how bad will it hurt if I ask for the same thing? Thanks for the time.

what kind of parts are you looking for? The first thing that I did after I received my RT is rip off the sight rail and fore grip. I might be willing to part with them if the price is right. They are all in brand new condition and sitting in a box somewhere in my house.
    I'm a lefty that plays with an old school RT with H/L. I bought a warp and all is right with the world.
    SocialD's feedback
    SocialD's stuff for sale
    Jaz Air Technologies barrels

PK Selective did the gun you speak of. (one of the AGD teams' Xmags)

HOWEVER, a classic RT cannot be annodized(mostly). The only part that can is the barrel and the body rail (NOT the tube) b/c they are aluminum. Stainless steel cannot be annodized.

Originally posted by SocialD
    I might be willing to part with them if the price is right. They are all in brand new condition and sitting in a box somewhere in my house.
    Sure let's talk about that. You can email me at zvetter@mac.com

As for what can and cannot be anodized I am aware of the aluminum only deal and I am willing to accept that just fine. I could have the barrel, rail, foregrip, sightrail, the warp feed bracket and intelliframe all done and it would be nearly identical to what we see on that Emag (thanks for the name, Ill look them up).

Now do we know what the rail and intelliframe and the rest of the parts are coated with? is it anodizing / powder coating / painted (doubtful). I have been price surfing the various anodizers and some shrivel up and die when they hear the word "powder coat" Appreciate it guys.

**Later in the day**
    OK I have looked around and priced some places like A+Anodizing and Xtreme Paintball and these PK Selective Metal Plating guys. PK wants appears to want substantially more for their work than these other guys (like $3-400 more) and I also realized that you have to remove all non-aluminum stuff from the parts before they are anodized. This might require an AGD tech to confirm but as the original RT's have a gas through rail and that little spring-loaded pin thing that the RT body rests on and guides in the barrel;

1) can I get all that off?

2) will the anodizing pose any sort of problem with the various holes and caverns in the main rail?
    Last edited by Z-man; 06-20-2003 at 03:05 PM.

bump

u could always get a ule body

ummm.. how the heck does that pin thing that guides the barrel in (embedded in the main rail) come out? I am going to take a rubber mallet to it and see if it pops out. Any ideas? ADG?

Presses from the bottom out through the top.

Problem is, ULE is one diameter. Classic RT Valve is another. I don't think it'll work right.