Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's welcome all the new guys with a "Here's My Story thread"

I think CPhillip killed this thread with his yarn above but "her's my stoy".

I saw my first paintball gun in about 90. I shot it at a friends house at a few trees and was amazed at the speed and range. I always wanted to play and never had the chance. Then in the summer of 1999 me and the wife are watching the public television auction and see these paintball passes. I say I always wanted to do that and bid and bought 4 for and indoor place and 4 for an outdoor place. Well I didn't use them forever. Finally around May 2000 I give four of them to an exchange student from Norway for his birthday. He gives them back when he left because we never got around to going. Then around september 2000 maybe the new exchange student from Germany says lets go so we find a group of 4 and go play. It was a complete blast. I went home, got on e-bay and bought $600.00 worth of paintball equipment. The rest is history. I still have a pass for 4 good till July 2001 what are you doing this weekend?
    Hitmanng

------------------
    "I would rather hit once than miss 140 times."

Talking

me and my bro used to be into those games (warhammer, battletech, shadowrun, oh those days) so one day this guy comes in and has a case, he opens it and we see this pistol like gun - a PGP. A couple weeks later, we decide to go and play with them, we get the rentals (PGP), we load them up with balls and 12oz cartridges, and I shoot one at a tree. WHOA! This is cool!..so there I am thinking, man, im gonna play stealth like a ninja, shoot straight like a marksman ..so the game starts, and we're downhill and we have to charge against a house. As soon as we're in range, balls start zipping by us in fast sequence - some guy had a VM, and they were using it to good measure!..I pop out 2 or 3 times , shoot my suddenly not so powerful PGP into the air, and duck again. I crawl back, and decide to look for another way up. I was circling a sequoia girthed bush, when I hear some noise behind me. I turn around, see this guy at about 10" away, lift my gun, shoot him right smack in the middle of the goggles. What a rush!...

Unfortunately the other games that day weren't so good, since I didnt hit anyone. I played a couple more times with those guys. That was back in Portugal. I came to the US, and the bug got to me and my bro again, I started off with an F4 and my bro got a Mag. Teh F4 has a pretty good reputation, but I was jealous of the compactednses and silence of my bro's mag, so I eventually sold the F4 and got myself a Mag, about a month ago, off Ebay. I been experiencing some bolt getting stuck, and I'm wondering if this is because I'm using CO2 and shooting too fast....wait..that, is material for another post...

well, I played first in the fall of '96 at some field out in Gananoque, Ontario,renting a pump with a college buddy of mine and some of his friends. Bought a Spyder off a friend in the fall of 99, and began to play seriously, bought a Mag of the same friend in July 2K, and we spent the next nine weekends playing, now I have a 99 Cocker as my main gun, but it's getting sold for a BM2K or Defiant. The mag isn't going anywhere, I love that damned gun.

------------------

Mykroft Holmes IV

------------------------
    My Mag:
    CF11023
    Classic Feed
    16" CP .689
    Ring trigger
    WGP Reg, Remote

Accuracy By Volume is not the answer

Smile

Well lets see, my first experience w/ paintball was hearing about it from a friend and i think lookin at an APG and I was like sweet!!! I wanna go shoot people!!! That was about November 99, and Christmas was coming up and I hadn't really told my parents what I wanted to get for a kinda big present so I was like I want a Paintball Gun!! After some research online and such I went w/ my father to a local shot call Top Gun Paintball, they support the Sho-Guns or somethin like that if you have heard of them. Well Christmas came and I opened package w/ a Tippmann Model 98 in it and i was so excited, i got a Black JT Spectra and a 9oz Co2 tank. I also got about 500 paintballs. I shot them all that day. So I went with a few friends to play my first game behind some dudes house. Well i guess i did ok, I was shot up a few times, shot in the knuckle from about 20 feet, but shot the other guy in the head. Well I sort of lost interest for about a year and then a friend of mine some how heard of Paintball and was like yeah i got a stingray you wanna play and i was like ok. He had set up a small woods field near him and we played and it re-lit the fire for paintball. Well for my Birthday my gift was half of a Model 98 and Flatline. Well I was all happy about the Flatline and then the pressure in my air tank was goin down and was like this isn't very good, and also everyone was like play back play back and I do not enjoy back. Well so about 3 weeks ago I decided to sell all of my Tippmanns and the Flatline and get a cocker and nitro, well after hearing a huge debate over Mags and Cockers I was most likely won over by this forum, even though many of the opinions stated are biased. Well I am very close to getting my mag and Flatline nitro. I cannot wait. Well thats my story. I will get pics of my mag as soon as possible to show you guys the new baby.

Talking

My first game was in 1985. Played with a Nelspot 007 (no pump at the time), Uvex goggles and oil-based paint (ruined a field jacket because the paint wouldn't come off). Back then using a lot of paint was 50 rounds in a day (at 25 cents/ball). I still have issue No.1 of Action Pursuit Games magazine. My first gun was a Nightmare short-barrel competition (still have it). Loved pump guns, but was getting creamed by the semis so I finally got a F-2 illustrator. Years later, I got a minimag when my field became infested with hordes of autocockers. I wanted to know how the other side lived and see for myself if the autococker really had better range and accuracy, so I bought one. Liked the mag trigger better so I recently got an E-mag.

i first bought a tigershark at big 5 in Chico and a 9 oz.co2 tank i went back to the house i was staying at and marvled the damn thing the next mornin i screwed in the tank and fired it nothing happened so we took it back to big 5 they said well "duh cock it" so i went home cocked it and nothing happened! so we went back the dumbass said "well did u fell up the tank" UHHH? i had no clue wut he was talking about. so i went to this guys HOUSE and he filled my tank up and gave me some B.E paintballs i took it back home and fired off 900 rounds. when i got back home i went real p-balling for the first time i played about 8 more times renting then i used my friends old millenium (he had a new minimag) i loved the thing i used that bout 10 times then bought a mag now i am sorry to say i am moving to a b2k2

I LUV MY MAG!!!!!!

i first bought a tigershark at big 5 in Chico and a 9 oz.co2 tank i went back to the house i was staying at and marvled the damn thing the next mornin i screwed in the tank and fired it nothing happened so we took it back to big 5 they said well "duh cock it" so i went home cocked it and nothing happened! so we went back the dumbass said "well did u fell up the tank" UHHH? i had no clue wut he was talking about. so i went to this guys HOUSE and he filled my tank up and gave me some B.E paintballs i took it back home and fired off 900 rounds. when i got back home i went real p-balling for the first time i played about 8 more times renting then i used my friends old millenium (he had a new minimag) i loved the thing i used that bout 10 times then bought a mag now i am sorry to say i am moving to a b2k2

I LUV MY MAG!!!!!!

Well, I was an innocent young girl, until my dad guilt tripped me into going to the feild for a day

I just sat around (which now I rant about..hmmm) watching those stupid guys go get out all of their maschocistic tendencies. All the guys were really nice, offering to loan me a whole buncha stuff to get me on the feild.
    (cut to last game of the day)
    My dad finally got me to play with his TL. I walk out on to the feild amidst cheers and rose petals being strewn in my path (well..not exactly...)blah de blah de blah...i move up pretty quick, get into a fire fight, shoot really weird, get shot in the inner thigh. I limp off the feild amongst hoots and hollers (not kidding, really!) and go get ready to explain to my mom that im not really dead, and the bruise will go away in a month or so.
    (2 weeks later)
    My dad comes home with a spyder compact, and everything I will need (not necessarily use) to play again. here comes the hard part. Convincing my mom....