Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The girls of AO...

Post The girls of AO...

How many girls are registered AO members? I was just curious because my girlfriend wants to start playing and I have not played with many girls before.

~Fred

Hummm good question, where are the paintball she tigers??

AGD

I'm a swedish bikini model.

Don't quite fit into the "female" category though.

Ewww

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thei3ug:
    I'm a swedish bikini model.

Don't quite fit into the "female" category though.
    </font>
    As long as you aren't one of those 65 year old fat guys in speedos I see at Coney Island every weekend.

~Fred

At my last count...2

Lizza and Sarah are the only *true* female AO members, but a bunch of guys had all their wives and girlfriends register to give them a better chance in that drawing a few weeks back.

My reasoning? Most girls have no interest in actually playing the sport as a hobby. You always see a couple at the rec fields who want to try it out, but for the most part they don't get into it like guys. They're afraid to shoot, they run away, they are terrified of getting hit. I'm not trying to look like a jerk here, it's simply what I've observed over my past few years in paintball.

My guess is, out of everyone who tries paintball, 15% of those people is female. About 10% of the females that try paintball actually gets into it, so about 1.5% of all paintball players are female -- leaving 98.5% to be male. It's a complete estimate, but it sounds accurate to me.

I've seen 10% females in the sport on numerous websites, but experience doesn't quite back that up. I'd go for 5%, though.

Then again, there are a few female regulars at the field I go to, including those from Fallen Angels, so hey...

------------------
    CamoSplashed MiniMag
    S/N MM12913
    Clear AGD Warp Feed
    14" SP AA

Lots of stuff coming...

ohhh. Me!
    YEah.. it gets old being the only girl out there. I wrote an article about being a young female in a male dominated sport.

http://www.geocities.com/juxstapo

Go check it out.

------------------
    68 Classic Automag
    TASO Pro Series 8.5 inch barrel
    Classic CP 14" Nickle barrel
    TASO on/off Drop forward and ASA
    Benchmark 2x Trigger Frame
    Pretty Blue Macroline
    PMI Pure Energy 68/3000
    CA system
    Comming soon
    ReTro Valve
    12vt revvy (SHAME on me for not having one already!!!)
    Chrome Eclipse kit
    Warp feed (MAYBE if I become more keen to the looks)

YES, I am Lizza!

On average, I see one or two women every time I play a pickup game.

I have yet to see a really good offense female player (then again, IMHO only about 1 in 10 male players play good offense), but it has been my experience that women players, even beginners, are tenacious defense players. They find the best defensive positions and they are fearless. Often the only way to get them out is to bunker them (I try to avoid that at all costs) or get a difficult shot on their hopper or barrel.

More power to you ladies.

We have 2 girl players in our group. One of them is trying to put together an all girl team. Any girls out there in the Pensacola area interested drop me an email.

Phil
    infinitycomputersystems@home.com

HeyHey.. I play offence. I'm really short.. (well, almost 14 and about 5'3", short to everyone else out on the team) and real quick so I'm usually up front getting pulls or hangs.
    But, I am known at firelds for being able to play where ever someone puts me.

im 14 and 5'7"! but im a boy.fiddlesticks

------------------
    -68 Classic Automag
    -SP Proggresive barrel
    -Lapco drop forward
    -PMI gas through
    -12 volt revolution
    -Crossfire 68CI 3K Stubby
    -Microline fittings

Hmm let me take a shot in the dark. Flamebo and automagkid are real ladiesmen. I somehow think they don't have girlfriends and won't for a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time.

------------------
    Taking mags apart is fun, its even more fun when you don't know what you're doing

Ohh yeah and Tunaman sorry for all the stress and all the things I've broken.

*If corn oil is made of corn, what is baby oil made of?*

My Girl plays and she loves it. And trust me she has never run away in a game. She is an MP in the army, she is good in a fight too. Her second time playing we were at this place that had a 10 ft rule and some guy kid shot her from about your screen to you..... she ran after him and hit him with her tank(it is a steel on not a carbon fiber)! She is awesome!

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by X-Plosive:
    Hmm let me take a shot in the dark. Flamebo and automagkid are real ladiesmen. I somehow think they don't have girlfriends and won't for a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time.

</font>
    Hey, quiet you! I keep my girls on the side.

Hehe, I just read Lizza's article. I guess next time I see a girl on the field, I'll have to bunker her real good to prove that I'm all for equal opportunity.

------------------
    'Sacrifice the Body'
    68 PF - HyperFrame - 68 Flatline - SS BigShot

Miscue's Profile

magsrule3 thats ok iam 14 and 5'11 and wear a size 13 shoe

------------------
    Cocker killer

Add Miscue to my list. He's a true ladiesman So now its

Miscue
    Automagkid
    Flamebo

Ladies if you see any of these men on the street beware of cheesy pick up lines. Best way to get rid of them is with a swift kick and a slap. I'm just joking

------------------
    Taking mags apart is fun, its even more fun when you don't know what you're doing

Ohh yeah and Tunaman sorry for all the stress and all the things I've broken.

*If corn oil is made of corn, what is baby oil made of?*

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.

we should start another topic.. how tall are you.. well im 14 and a respective 6'2

Talking

Hi,

I got my girlfriend in Paintball. She likes it. Uses a 98 and my Blazer and now my mag every so often. As for I3 Ug sorry nick he is not your known swede biniki model. He is more like the agent or stalker. You make the call. However nick is a nice guy though.

Later,
    Alan

------------------
    Paintball cannot be that big. No one has really been able to sponsor a stock car or a race yet. (local people do not count in this case )

nice article lizza. one note though i would think that a girl as yourself you say you are short would have an advantage over guys like me and others who are 6+ feet. but their is only one girl that is a regular at my field she is ok, not real good but she is their all the time so i'll give her credit.

------------------
    -Paul-
    pjohnson36523@yahoo.com

Never, ever count someone out because they're a girl. For example, the second last time I was at Sgt. Splatter's in Toronto, there were a collection of newbies and associated girlfriend's, when we got to the attack and defend scenario (Splatters rotates through scenario's when playing) there is only one reliable way to take the building, it's a 2 story L-shaped building on the back wall, the way to take it is to charge up the stairway to the second floor on the short end of the 'L', the only entrance that has a decent amount of cover, before you hit the stairs, this is easy to see, and the first couple of guys in get pasted usually, I go in about 1 minute into the game, get all the way up and in before getting pasted, but only take out a couple of the half-dozen people defending that door, so as I'm walking off, I see one of the only 2 g/f's who bothered to play go charging up there with a M98, and clear the entrance, getting almost to the corner of the 'L' before getting taken out. She was the only renter/newbie who even tried to get into the building in 2 games (one each side)

------------------
    Mykroft Holmes IV
    ------------------
    My Mag:
    CF11023
    Classic Feed
    16" CP .689
    14" JnJ Stainless
    Ring trigger
    WGP Reg.
    PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

Accuracy By Volume is not the answer

I see a lot of guys posting that their ladies like to play. Now this is just a suggestion but why not get them posting on this thread and giving their two cents on women/girls and paintball? I think it would be interesting to hear their viewpoint on the game.

Cool

Girls, that play,

I know a ton actualy, Our 10 man team has 2 right now, Although they are Iron Maidens as well, they still play with us at events.

I also have I would say close to 15 girls I play with on aregular basis. Last nite at practice, the girls out numbered teh guys, and the girls, kicked the guys buts.

BTW, everybody was tourney player except me, I am justa paintballer.

Bartman
    team I have no Idea
    www.ihni.org

PS: Look for us at Zaps ams in a few weeks, we will be teh one getting beat up.

hmm, nice articale lizza, you seem lie extremegirl05, shes real cool, hehimaging that, both 14, both gonna atleast play with RT's and both play front, it's a small world, and just remeber, always bunker those that trash on you, i do, even though i'm a guy, but, man, this is turning pointless

I've seen more and more girls playing in just the last 3 or 4 months. There is a girl that plays at Hollow Buzzard in Tn that is real good. She will go toe to toe with the best of them!

Bk2K - I didnt know she was an MP

So how things looking in Cali now ?

-Robert

Cool

my girl fried plays. she even took over my back up mini mag. the bad part is my paint bill went up. lol i can do any thing i want to my gun but i have to do the same to hers. she does not get mad when i (we) play. she get mad cuse we are not going to play.

------------------
    remember keep the paint on the field

I got my girlfriend into it. She is gun ho now. She grabs my Alley Cat and goes off killing cockers and spyders like candy. I am scared to go against her for fear she will eliminate me. She has improved almost 150% since the first time she played and now she is psycho. It's all good though. No one expects her to jump out like rambo firing string of paint like it's free. So it is all good.

dye gurls!!!!!!