Thread: Official Warrantee Policy from AGD

Post Official Warrantee Policy from AGD

Once and for all the full explanation:

All AGD products have a 90 day warrantee against manufacturing defects. We will repair or replace, at our option, defective parts. This is our formal warrantee. Informally we will take care of our customers unless the product is abused or very old and older than a certain serial number. We will not fix your gun "just because I want you to look at it". If it is an old gun we may offer you the option of a 45$ rebuild fee plus parts. Most lifetime warrantees offered by other manufacturers are for the original owner only. We do not make this distinction and will try to help you even if you bought it used.

We try and work on the concept that we will treat you fairly if you treat us fairly.

High performance products we have under development right now give that performance at the expense of longevity. Aluminum and delrin do not last as long as stainless steel so expect that light weight AGD components will not be warranted past the 90 day period for any reason. The demands of the marketplace for this type of product and the fact that most players are only in the game about a year, is forcing us into this position. Again it is not fair to ask us to replace something that was not purchased with longevity in mind.

With 100,000 guns out there (most still functional) we have to walk a finer line between giving good service and staying in business. We would like to be your gun company now and into the future so we hope you will understand if we have to modify our policies from time to time.

Thanks for being great customers!

AGD

[This message has been edited by AGD (edited 07-10-2001).]

Jefferson City, Missouri when not in school in Savannah, Ga

You're very welcome.

I was wondering how exactly you were going to pull off the delrin bolt considering even some SS bolts chip to uselessness in a year.

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped

hrmm i was just thinking... $45 rebuild fee, about say... 40 employees? thats a little more than a buck lol. do u mind answering how much you make a year Tom (just out of curiosity)?

love your products
    i plan to always have one of them
    my emag will be my childrens gun and their childrens gun too (example of how long your products last)
    i really have to say that paintball is the only thing that keeps me sane.. literally if i didn't play (i feel free and all of my problems go away when im on the field) then i really dont know what i would do. i seriously love the sport and defend it and try to teach people about it to bring more people into this great sport of ours.
    when people ask me about a begginner gun in paintball i always suggest your products to them BECAUSE QUAILITY ALWAYS SHOOTS STRAIGHT!! i always tell them that it is better to spend a little more on a gun that will last for the etire time that they play rather than spend $100-$150 less on a gun that won't last nearly as long.
    i seriously thank everybody at AGD for their wonderful products and dedication to our great sport. everybody there has always been nice to me when i called for help even on the stupid things that our my fault, and i sincerely thank you guys so much

Thanks for the warranty clarification Tom. I absolutely understand how your position is "tricky". I get a kick out of some of the lifetime warranties out there now. A perfect example is 3Com's network cards. They know that there will be a new technology out there in 5-10 years forcing you to upgrade anyway. Or how about VHS tapes with lifetime warranties... : )

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AGD:
    . Informally we will take care of our customers unless the product is abused or very old and older than a certain serial number. </font>

What would that serial number be for an RT?

[This message has been edited by Bigzamboni (edited 07-10-2001).]

Cool

Lessee, 100,000 times an average of $800...carry the one.......hmmmm......

Will you be my Dad?

hes bot going to answer that feelthert

but he makes enought to keep him here, thank god

hey tom, thanks a ton. As i posted earlier I am trading off my cocker for another mag an old school RT. Wanted to get one before they were too hard to get.

Just wanted to thank you for being straight with your customers. One thing that I would be curiuos about is how many mags do you guys send out and never see again? I mean ya build em, send em out, and either they work until the end of time, or they get mothballed till someone wants to play again....

I dont think too many other guns can be treated like that and even hope to work....

-Booyah

I think the delrin bolt is pretty durable actually.

Thanks for the heads up on the warranty, AGD.

DR

------------------
    Owned a PF mag in 96.
    =)

Thanks for taking care of the customers at your expense. I cannot imagine the what you guys so to fix mags that other people ruin as a warranty. The product was still without the defects except the ones other people installed.
    Thanks for making those used mags new again.
    Hitmanng
    I think AGD runs a tighter ship than you might expect. $45.00 for putting a parts kit in you gun plus testing doesn't leave a lot and probably costs more.

------------------
    "I would rather hit once than miss 140 times."