I have to agree, people are getting WAY out of hand. Listing 20 names that have little thought to them doesn’t help AGD much.

When coming up with product names it is much more than what sounds “kool” to a bunch of teenagers. Maybe if people STOP posting so many names and put a couple minutes into maybe 5 or so, it would actually HELP AGD. After all, like someone alluded to, even posting ONE name will get you in the contest…. So why not actually take the time to make a positive contribution?

I would like to offer a few steps to take before posting a name:

1) The name needs to FIT the product and its intended use.
2) The name must fit the target audience (seems any name would do this though… LOL)
3) The name can NOT be one readily identifiable with another product (this seems to rule out 90% of the run-on lists given so far).
4) The name should be MORE than just a description, synonym, adj., etc (or for that matter just the name of an object or animal).
5) The name should roll off the tongue and stick in the head.

I am not saying that you all need to follow these “advised” rules, but since I have had to come up with product names in the past (as well as slogans, and even new business names), I know at a minimum, these 5 rules ARE used to determine the viability of new names.

Although this contest DOES help YOU, it is also designed to help AGD… so please keep that in mind when just dropping long lists. It doesn’t help your chances any more than putting ONE good name up, and actually just gives them more useless stuff to throw out. If they wanted that, they could have just opened a Dictionary and Thesaurus. Come on guys.

I am not intending to offend anyone. After all, there WERE some good names out there.. but I think everyone knows what I am trying to say.

Some lists look an awful lot like the following list:
Burper
Fartmaster
MasterBlaster
The Hobbit
Lord of the Splats
Splater Maker
Eagle Droppings
Car Horn
Jet Engine
ETC.

LOL This is NOT like a lottery system that increases your chances of winning simply by making more names. In fact, what if you had a GOOD one in the middle of a bunch of bad ones? And because of this, it was overlooked….. hmmmm Quality over quantity please. I think Tom will thank you for it (I am sure he is sitting back shaking his head… what monster did I create?).