Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2x AGD frame with Blade trigger, update with pics

DYE stickies!!

Dye stickies for sure.
    I've never used a blade trigger, but I'll give it a try (and stay in fashion at the same time!).
    Would the double trigger be an option?
    $89 with stickies sounds ok.
    My big worry is getting one off the first run. I've been checking the board constantly for info on this and the ULE. Is there any way to somehow give first dibs to board users? I know AGD does not sell direct, but I'm going to hate to see someone else with one while I'm waiting for my local store to get in back orders.

Nice job cutting the regular 2X trigger down to blade style...looks NICE!!
    $90 MSRP is NOT that bad at all...if you add up all the costs of a dye 45 frame after grips, trigger, etc. its around that price. But this one is better, is made by AGD, and will be ready out of the box i presume.

Good Work AGD, but the only suggestion I have is to ditch the indents in the back...

My thoughts:

Keep the blade trigger
    Keep the indents
    Use the stickies
    Keep the price under $100.

Will this frame be an option or standard on new mags any time soon?

-Chris

I personally prefer the non-blade trigger, but I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to interchange. I wouldn't mind paying extra for the stickies, but if the Hogues are the wraparound variety (not the kind that are in the pic at the top of thid thread), I wouldn't mind those either.

------------------
    <<<Dark Jedi Mag>>>
    Black Teflon E-mag body
    Retro Valve
    Black 9V Revvy
    LAPCO 12" Autospirit
    KAPP black foregrip
    PMI rubber grips
    Sretch-Z Drop Forward
    68/3000 Flatline

"I am your father."
    --Darth Vader

i have been pricing dyre frames with triggers and stickies and the best price for a dye 2x frame (black), dye double trigger frame, and black stickies was 89.50 from g3.

Will i be able to pick up a pair at the IAO?

good job AGD, looks kewl, i suggest that you do not invlude grips of any kind with the frame, most people have different taste in grips, me id get blue stickies, others would get black/clear, others will go for the smart parts wood ones...i think that not including grips will save the consumer money in the long run, because if they dont wanna use the "stock" grips they they wouldnt have wasted money on them being forced to buy them with the grip. also, i think you should make the guard less boxy looking throw in some curves like on the dye one, and then it will RULE. thanks MAGS RULE

My thoughts:
    Keep the regular 2x trigger
    Use Dye stickies
    Make these available for order factory direct, I dont have anywhere around me at all where I could buy these in stores.
    Will any of the first few runs be direct fits for the RT's??

It'd be nice if you could answer everyones questions instead of just leaving us here in suspense, your killin us here!

That looks real sweet!

Tom,

A while back you asked us what we all wanted in the new frame.

(Not sure where the post is, anyone know the link to it? May have been lost in the crash.)

How much of the people's ideas have been put forward and implemented into this frame?

Question

Hey, don't take this the wrong way b/c I love benchmark products...but did benchmark make this too (they made the z-grip if I'm correct)

JesusFreak- Last time i checked, my z-grip is an AGD product, not a benchmark product.

Robbie

I don't know for sure which one it was they made but they did indeed make a grip for AGD.

Phil (Very Old Newbie)

Another Great Product by the best Company in the world Nice job AGD i hope to get one when they come out I liike the blade but you should make it an option. just my Opinion

me like! me want one!

------------------
    When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother, you're already screwed.

It would be cool if...

-It fits my RT Pro
    -It Comes in black, and crome
    -It has adjustable trigger stops
    -It has blade trigger

Why trigger stops? AGD will manufacture it so you don't even have to adjust your trigger rod. They will also make it so it has the smallest pull possible to make mags function correctly.

A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse

I'd say go with the dye stickies unless it's going to be the same price as going out and getting stickies then ship it with no grips as some ppl won't want them.
    one question are you going to ano anything that will match an olive drab mag? otherwise it's black for me. and whatever you do don't go with clear grips. stay with black or make it a choice but I don't think that is feasible, so just go with black.

------------------
    MicroMag Phase 1
    S/N GFX001489
    Custom ring trigger
    MaxFlow 68/3000

There must have been a time
    when we could have said no.

Cool

Benchmark indeed made the Z-grip to AGD specs, which is also why a Benchmark frame is better than all others if you want to upgrade.

------------------
    "If you can't get them to salute when they should salute and wear the clothes you tell them to wear, how are you going to get them to die for their country?" LTG Patton, outside Medina, Italy 1944

Looks nice, i'll definitly be buying one. Keep the Dye stickies, will chrome color be available? Would look nice on my black automag.

Kane

Guys,

This trigger frame is not made by Benchmark we have it made locally by the same people that make the Emag frame. Yes Benchmark did make the Z-Grip frames to our specs.

AGD

if something retails for 90, it usually sells for less.

looks great, i think the dyes should come with them definitely.

I would like to see it available in a standard double trigger. Another idea, although it would cost more would be to include multiple triggers. Standard double, blade, ring, double ring. Or maybe you could make different triggers that you could sell separately. Personally, I would like to see a ring trigger for a mag. The double ring, I have never seen or heard of, but might be pretty cool.

BTW... I would go with no grips or stickies. And are you keeping the indents?

[This message has been edited by Bigzamboni (edited 07-09-2001).]

Yeah, looks great AGD Also, will this A) be transferable from my 68mag to my RTPro (when I upgrade), B)be prepaired for me, so I can rock out of the box, and C)Come stock with DYE Stickies for $89.99? Great work guys, keep 'em coming!

Cool

Tom - The frame is looking great, thats the same style blade trigger I custom made for one of my mags, I love it. I'd deffinetely pay extra for the blade trigger, and for chrome, but not for dye stickies. I already have 3 pair, I dont need another. I think other people would rather pick to upgrade on their own, let alone it would be too much to try to have retail stores carry 4 different frames for you also (black and/or chrome with black/clear stickies). In my experience at working at a retail store, they dont carry everything available due to prices, sales, and inventory. I'd stay stick with black and chrome, and blade or normal trigger, maybe make the blade trigger an an add-on that people can buy seperately for like $20 or something.

Anyways, I know I'll be buying a chrome blade frame when they hit the market

------------------
    ~ChAoScLoWnZ
    chaosclownz@magcentral.org
    <h1>MAG CENTRAL</h1>

How about you sell the black frames with black stickies, and the chrome/polished ones with the clear stickies. Those are what people usually want. Also the blade trigger is just plain awesome...but please make one in the shape of the mudflap girl

-Chris

could i get it with a normal 2x trigger

Ahhh! all this while I was away! Tom! Why did you not come to Isle Royale and inform me! Looks great, I espceially like the chrome (I have already included it in my purchase plans) Chrome, and the blade trigger looks sweet. I plan on getting stickies, so having them included would be nice, but not necessary. Bravo again! My dreams of the AGD DT while sleeping in a tent have come to fruition!

------------------
    "Don't spend so much on parts that you can't afford to play."

I think im just gonna HAVE to go out and get me one of THOSE