Thread: Starvin' Emag

Starvin' Emag

I played for the first time with my new emag (level 10 and x-valve) this weekend. I absolutely love it, but I'm having one issue. When I wouldn't fire the emag for more than 5 seconds or so, the first time I tried after that, two balls would come out super slow and there'd be a "pssst" sound.

I'm not sure that it's entirely a problem with the emag, but rather the drop forward. When I made my tank screwed in just enough to supply air, it worked better. Is there something I can adjust on the drop-forward to keep this from happening? Is there something on the emag that I should fiddle with, as well? Also, the emag is eating up a TON of air (whether that's from this or not, I'm not sure).

Thanks in advance,
    Ben

Sounds to me like the fittings are leaking...squirt some soapy water on the while the gun is gassed up to see if air is leaking, watch for the bubbles.

Most air tanks work best if you screw them in all the way, then back them out 1/4 turn. This is just a general rule. Applies to all tanks as far as I know. If your drop forward has an on off, make sure it is screwed in far enough as well.

Hope this helped, doubt it though.

The old "back it out a 1/4 turn" trick I've only heard being used on remote setups, talking about the on/off screw on the UFA. I've never heard of that being done by backing a tank out from the ASA. That seems potentially dangerous.

Regardless, what you describe sounds like 2 problems at once. First, the two paintballs coming out at once sounds like a double-feed. Check your detents, the paint size, and the loader you're using. If you're using relatively small paint from a force-feed loader, and you don't have dual detents, then that could be the issue there. The "psst" sound is because your L10 bolt is either working (i.e. not chopping the double feed) and/or needs further tuning. If you bolt is doing that a lot during the day, it's going to be an air hog.

Have you done anything to tune the L10 bolt since you got the Emag? What body style are you using - twistlock or ULE (ball detent) based?

You guys realize this is a post from 2003 from a poster that only made 3 posts since they activated there account. Safe to say this issue does not matter to the person at this point in life.

"The Dawg" has been digging up some old bones lately.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    "The Dawg" has been digging up some old bones lately.
    Bad Dawg! Bad!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    You guys realize this is a post from 2003 from a poster that only made 3 posts since they activated there account. Safe to say this issue does not matter to the person at this point in life.
    Doh! I didn't catch it on this thread. I have caught myself on a few other threads though. Looking at the date of the original post isn't the first thing I tend to do, though, when there has been a recent reply. Most of the time there's no need to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Doh! I didn't catch it on this thread. I have caught myself on a few other threads though. Looking at the date of the original post isn't the first thing I tend to do, though, when there has been a recent reply. Most of the time there's no need to do that.
    I'm not real sure why I even opened this thread to be gain with. And I never look at when the threads are started. But I saw that. And then looked at his post count. Just found it funny.

Can there be a probationary period where you have to take a power point class on how to navigate forums? And attend an online chat, something like AA, to learn "when not to post"