Thread: Nitro? HPA?

Nitro? HPA?

ok whats the difference between the two systems...not in relation to automags just in general, like tanks, filling, usage, consistancy, quantity of shots per fill?

nitro, N2, compressed air, HPA, are all the same thing. The tanks hold either 3000, 4500, or 5000 psi of air and have a regulator on the end of the tanks to regulate the pressure down to 800psi, which is safe for paintball markers. Fiber wraped tanks are usually good for 15 years and must be hydroed or tested every 3-5 years depending on what the label says. Tanks are usually and I think always filled through a quick disconnect nipple on the regulator which means it always stays on your marker unlike a C02 tank. The amount of air in the tank depends on the pressure the tank can handle, 10 shots per CI for a 3000psi tank and 15 shots per CI on a 4500psi tank. The size of the tanks are measured with ci, main ones are 45ci, 68ci, 91ci and 114ci.

I think that's enough info for now figuring that by the time i typed this all up 2 people have already responded.

You're wrong about the "always stays on your marker" part. There are regs that come in a cradle system (MaxFlo, Flatline, etc) and there are also ASA-threaded tanks (many presets... Crossfire, Hyperflow, Bulldog, etc)
    Shane
    New RT Classic owner
    Murderous Plush Toys -- Captain
    murderous plush toys

yes but don't the screw ins have the fill nipple? not sure about the adjustables though i was mainly thinking about air americas raptor and thinking most are similar to that if they use cradles. also i left out 88ci but that's no biggy. My friend has a screw in nitro duck preset and he fills it without taking it off the marker.

yes, all HPA systems are filled by the fill nipple. you couldn't force 3000PSI into the outlet port (be it a screw in or otherwise) it would ruin the reg, if it worked at all.

"super multi-green mag" Cp barrels, LX bolt, no-rise, intelli, 47ci flatline, halo................
    Red dragun body, turbo valve, 12" Boomstick, Spud magics anti-chop bolt with quickstrip, ELCD, nitroduck 68CI,Gas thru stock, 12V revy, AGD Warpfeed system
    Xen's paintball pages

reading comprehension

Originally posted by cky shane
    You're wrong about the "always stays on your marker" part. There are regs that come in a cradle system (MaxFlo, Flatline, etc) and there are also ASA-threaded tanks (many presets... Crossfire, Hyperflow, Bulldog, etc)
    If you read his post more carefully, I think you will realize what he's trying to say.

With CO2, you pretty much MUST remove the tank from the gun to get it filled.

With HPA, you CAN leave it on the marker all the time, because the port you fill it with is not the same port you feed the gun with. All of my HPA tanks are ASA threaded, and I leave them on the gun, even when getting them filled. Saves wear and tear on the threads and o-rings.

*sigh* me needs nitro, all this info in my head and nothing to use it on