Thread: PTP Micro Emag or Regular Emag

PTP Micro Emag or Regular Emag

i searched and found several threads on this subject but they are all 6 months old or more so im looking for some more recent advice. i was ready to pull the trigger on an emag then i found the ptp micro emag and love the way it looks and i like the cocker threads. however, from reading the posts about this gun that were back in oct-dec of 02 i am leary of purchasing the micro because it seems they were having some quality control problems and poor customer service. i know some will say xmag but those guns are 1400 and i have a hard time justifying anything over 1000 for a paintball gun that i will use 2x a month. there is only a 150$ difference between the micro and the regular emag and i would be willing to spend that money for the micro if quality/performance/support is equal on the two. if its not then i guess ill go emag but i wanted a centerfeed but i despise how high the feed neck is on the emag. i know the ule bodies have a shorter feedneck but by the time i buy one of those i will have the same $ in it as i would have had in the micro.

long post, thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

I think buying the ULE + emag is the best choice there. The ULE will have cocker threading also
    Plus you will have AGD support

When its between those two (same performance), its just about looks and service
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

i'm going to spare you my whole story with my PTP Emag...but to simplify:

it came used, and way out of AGD spec. PTP worked on it and couldnt fix it. AGD then worked on it and fixed it perfect.

Moral: Get a AGD Emag. The ULE Body takes cocker threads and will be just as light. th PTP may look a little cooler, but PTP does things like sand the on-off pin with a file to get thme to work...not a good idea...and takes a great product out of spec. Let AGD do the making of markers...they know what they are doing

Buy a AGD Emag with EmaX valve, ULE Body and such and you'll be much happier

thanks for the advice guys. im not concerned w/ weight so ill stick with the regular emag valve and get the ule body. sounds like the safe route.

Personally I think the Micro E is an excellent gun.I'd rather have a Micro than a ULE.One piece,nicely milled body,many anno options including splashes and camo and one of the better detent designs available.
    However, PTP is WAY behind on supply so you won't get one from them for a WHILE.And they are not yet X valved or L10'd.(L10'd,is that a word?)

Jay.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

my opinion after owning a micro and now a ule...go with the ule. ptp makes a great product, but with the ule's out i really think agd surpassed the usefulness and functionality of the micro. plus if you ever want to re-anno your marker the micro is almost impossible to do with the crimped in steel washer. the ule body washer is just spring clipped in.

imo, paintball has gotten to be too much of a fashion show anyway. the micro is definitely better looking and like you said, there are anno choices. personally im too old school for all that. i dont even like all the chrome on my classic rt. ill get a black ule body and try to find a decent black barrel. been using dye stainless but i dont care for the shinyness.

btw. i'll say l10'd is a word if you'll agree that shinyness is a word.

as far as the ptp micro's go, the more reading i do the more it seems, you either get a really good one or a really bad one. its too much money for me to try and gamble.

Originally posted by adam shannon
    my opinion after owning a micro and now a ule...go with the ule. ptp makes a great product, but with the ule's out i really think agd surpassed the usefulness and functionality of the micro. plus if you ever want to re-anno your marker the micro is almost impossible to do with the crimped in steel washer. the ule body washer is just spring clipped in.
    PTP makes a crappy product. The tolerances are worse that any I have seen. I lost my shirt on fixing a couple of these. Get AGD and dont even think twice. And that .065 spacer between the gripframe and body tells the story completely...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

personman Guest
    Well.. I love my Micro E-mag to death but if you gave me the choice right now I would go for the regular E-mag. Even though the micro is alluminum it still is just as heavy as the stock body+rail. Also PTP is a pain in the *** to deal with.

well you can order an emag that already comes with xvalve for no extra $

Just get a regular emag then sell the body and barrel it comes with and put that money towards a ULE body. It's the only way to go

i posted a thread regarding getting a microbody and putting it on an emag
    so far it seems like its gonna more expensive and troublesome than getting a ule
    i pmed tunaman about the microbodies also
    and he said that he does not recomend them
    i respect what he says
    so now im just gonna get a black ule

www.PaintballFuzion.com

a very wise decision Mobile! You will be happy.

@ RRfireblade,

Have you owned both?

I have. My dealings with PTP are legendary on this forum. PTP replaced the Micro-E I bought with an AGD E-Mag gun, because they could not fix it. Buy AGD. Don't look back.

YMMV

Yes, I have.

I currently have 2 Micros and a full Benchmark R/T.No "E" as of now.

I've had good luck with them myself.I am local however so Customer service is not a problem.That's just my experiance.It really doesn't matter but I will tell you that they are a TINY operation of about 3 to 4 employees at any one time in the store to run the 4 businesses owned by PTP.They are quite understaffed to meet thier demand.Since I've seen like 100+ threads of people enjoying thier PTP,Benchmark and Armson stuff I guess they must do something right sometimes.(They also have Gun F/X)

So to each his own,

Jay.

RRfireblade,

I hear ya'. I bought my PTP-E because a local guy had a nickled one, and it works great! He still shoots it, some 4 years later, but...

Mine didn't work right, directly out-of-the box. PTP couldn't fix it (3 times). AGD couldn't fix it (once). You could say I'm a bit jaded now with PTP.

Well, I guess I've been lucky. Micro RT worked flawlessly after putting a long nose foamy bolt on it. Micro Emag also works flawlessly. They do use a smaller on/off pin, but that's not "out of spec". Emag, RT and regular mags use different size pins. The E micro is either .670 or .675 and must be bought from PTP. If that many people have had problems with PTP, you should take that into consideration. It's hard to beat AGD support.