Thread: Freak Pics - Whitewolf Back & Angelguy Tip

Freak Pics - Whitewolf Back & Angelguy Tip

Just got to the mailbox and found my eagerly awaited freak back came in so I thought I'd give you guys some pictures since when I was shopping I couldn't find any.

First off is the White Wolf Airsmiths custom freak back. I bought a chrome boomer style cocker threaded one and I think it came to $56 shipped. I like the look of the smart parts stainless back but it is tooooo heavy. Anyway, the packaging:

Very professional. The piece itself looks gorgeous. Great chroming. It actually is lighter than I expected and looks almost brittle. I wouldn't want to drop it on a hard surface because it would probably dent! I decided to put on my 14" red AA freak tip and see how it looked:

Not too shabby at all. Now I put on my silver 14" AA tip on and then put it on my evolution. Looks good but you can see the silver tip is not near the look of the chrome.

Next up is the silver Angelguy tip. This and the back were for my uber small/light works cocker, but that is in the shop right now so I took pictures as is. Anyway, here is the angleguy tip compared to my 14" AA:

As you can see, it is MUCH shorter Here it is on my black SP freak back on my Bob Long cocker:

You can see it is shorter than the chrome rock reg & knob! Here is another picture with the shroud on. This is the look I like:

Lastly, I tried to thread it into the Whitewolf back. Unfortunately it doesn't thread very far. Don't know what is going on with that since it threads on the SP back fine, and the SP fronts go on the WW back fine. Hmmm... Anyway, the chrome doesn't match the silver but its not too bad:

So there you have it. I haven't shot either of them yet but will this weekend. In the future I would like to get the angelguy tip in chrome or nickel, and I would like the threading worked out (I think I'll e-mail him later about it). Otherwise they both look like winners.

I have the same Whitewolf back, but in black. I also tried my TAG tip on it. I was able to get it threaded all the way on (with great effort). However I did have to use WD-40 and a strap wrench to get it off. My other freak tips work fine and screw on and off easily.

I thought it was just mine, but I guess not.

Thats awesome. Ive been meaning to get one of those for myself.
    How long did it take for him to ship the boomer style back to you from the time you ordered it?

Took him 2 to 3 weeks. But he didn't have any in stock when I ordered. Same thing with the TAG tip.

I wonder why the TAG tip doesn't thread well. I have a strap wrench but obviously didn't want to damage the thing...