Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AGD is awful at presenting a good package to the customer

AGD is awful at presenting a good package to the customer

Didnt really know how to phrase it above.

So anyhow last week I got my xmag, I opened up the box I was pretty happy, I found the lousy emag manual, and a LX setup CDrom. The box was also decent looking, I was expecting a brown box that said AGD on it. Ok sort of cool. Now the next day my friends Speed comes in. Damn. Starting with the box, it came in a much nicer box, much. The opening it up there was a beautiful laminated fully ilustrated manual. It went over EVERY aspect of the marker complete with exploded views and such. I am willing to say it was more complete than the online xmag manual by far. Digging further in the Speed came with a car charger AND wall charger. Also included were a set of metric and standard allen keys, a barrel condom, an oring rebuild kit and some love juice.

To be honest the Speed's box contents were not that impressive, everything in there should come standard when you are buying a gun that costs almost $1000. Let alone AGD could include a bottle of autolube with their marker which costs $400 more.

Im not even nitpicking because the things that were included with the Speed are needed accessories, and WDP is a company which is known for form before function. Right now I have a bottle of autolube and an RT oring kit on order.

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

I have to say that as much as I love my mags and think AGD is a great company - I think you've got some valid points there.

When I bought my 68 Automag 10 years ago, I was impressed with the manual, but when I got my Emag a month ago all I got was two photocopied sheets of paper and a video for a classic RT. Same with my new warp - very light on instructions.

oh god, the box talk again... tom loves this. anyone else remeber the last box talk....

honestly i gotta say ya u got points but if i ran a company id rather be known for the quality and reputation of my company than how my box looks. id rather have a small company that is known for quality than a company that just craps things out and puts it in nice boxes... but ya to get new people to get mags they ether gotta try them . or see a nice box...
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

Hmm, I've never bought a brand new out of the box marker...but I think I know what your talking about...Its like your really excited about your new toy and when you are opening up the box, all the additional goodies are the icing on the cake and just reaffirm in your mind "yea!....yea! This is sweet!"

And when their isn't any of that, I could see how it's dissappointing. When I got my high speed ti 4200 video card, it had a very nice box and came with a ton of goodies, and made me all the happier, cause when I wasn't playing around with it, I'd be looking at the goodies. This is a $160 product. We are talking about a $1400 product...that costs more than some people spend on cars! You have very valid points. I think the right thing to do is to bring this up in a non-hostile way and give some good suggestions that AGD could do, and not bash on anything...that won't get much done.

I think its true that AGD is all about function over form, but we are talking the X-Mag, the Flagship product...if AGD was totally just interested in function, it wouldn't be all pretty w/ nice milling Its obvious that it was designed to be an eye catcher, and so should come with the appropriate accomodations, including a nice glossy manual, tools, etc. While it is true that AGD is a small company that focuses on the important stuff (a full color manual won't help the x-mag shoot further) I think adding the little touches will help people to appreciate that AGD is changing, and can keep up with the current times, if not fly right past

-Dave

he's not just talking about the box, he's also talking abotu what comes with the gun.

not the box

I don't think speedyejl was complaining about the box - he said it was nicer than he expected. He was complaining about what was IN the box. And he has a point.

AGD makes excellent products, and provides good customer support. But the manuals aren't great, and adding a few little extras in the box with their top-of-the-line products would add to customer satisfaction, I think.

WDP also makes a very good product, but they add to it with little extras to make every customer feel appreciated. And it costs them maybe $30 per marker to do it.

Many people at AO feel appreciated by AGD. Because of TK's posts here, because he plays with us, shows us his new projects, and occasionally gives us stuff. But to the 'Mag owners who don't belong here, I bet they're not feeling the same way. They probably never meet the man, never find out about the promo giveaways and contests, etc.

I agree that a crappy product with a pretty box and free stuff is still a crappy product, and not what any sensible person would want. But compare two good products, where one (the less expensive one!) comes with many accessories and a professional looking manual, and one doesn't. Now which one do you want?

Jeff P
    Secretary
    The Canadian Contingent Paintball Club
    Cousins - EMR - PaintStorm - Odyssey - StraightShot

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    hwy the cd is what people clammered for, and it is good, and indepth. The cd is deffinitely nice, and the speed has more to go over, the cd covers all that it needs to, and it has cool vids

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

would you rather...spend $1000 for a nice gun and a kickass box and cool features to go with it...OR
    sped $1000 for a kickass gun, average box and maybe have to buy your own wall charger adapter ($12) and bottle of lube ($5)?

I'll take the latter, thank you

i really liked the cd manuals
    the box was cool(which i dont take to the field so who cares?)
    a wall charger would be nice though
    "The Few Who Do Are The Envy Of The Many Who Only Stand And Watch"

Alway Remember *343*

Si vis pacem, para bellum

i think AGD looks at giving what is necessary for you to operate your new marker purchase, hence the lube and parts and such..

i dont know about you, but ive only bought one AGD product, new in box, and that was my classic.

came with everything i NEEDED to operate the gun. few pages on operation and maintenence, and a video.

sure, a speed comes with a book. yippiee... another book to throw on the shelf.

since there are no internal parts to the mag that are color coded (minus boards on e/x-mags), there is no need for AGD to print a color booklet to explain to you how to use their marker.

its pretty straight foreward. when i first got into paintball, i was completely oblivious to anything. i watched the video and read the papers that was sent with it, and had a good comprehension of how a mag operated.

so, in summation.. if you NEED that shiny book with the exploded pictures (which by the way, you can get those exploded pics and manuals on AGD's site, im not positive if WDP offers this) go pickup a speed. if you need nothing more than a CD and few sheets of paper to tell you how to work your marker.. go pickup an e/x mag

.joe.

XMags don't come with lube?

The RTProX I recieved earlier this year had some... Weird...

When I got my E-Mag I was a little surpised to see that the Spyder E-99 I bought a year ago came with more stuff then my E-Mag did. I was further suprised that my wife's custom 98 came with more. And only slightly less suprised to see that my friend's A-5 came with more.

Frankly, a AGD barrel cover would have gone a long way....

(But, none of that keeps me from using the marker, which I love).
    Or better yet, why don't you kill yourself. No, really, die. Drop dead, don't leave a note, in fact burn your house while your little ego is stuck in a bench vice so that you'll also incenerate yourslef and everything you own with it. Because that's all you're worth. You're not even wirh thte time it'll take for the house to burn down, so just kill yourself. You're a waste of space. You are nothing, you always will be nothing. Don't leave a note, you're not worth the ink. - Tyger

Originally posted by Strider
    XMags don't come with lube?

The RTProX I recieved earlier this year had some... Weird...
    yep mine too every agd marker i have owned came with a
    bottle of autolube

I just threw my box away.

Originally posted by the_next_guy_
    I just threw my box away.
    YOU MEAN YOU DONT TAKE IT TO THE FIELD WITH YOU

lol not sure what i did with my box(i think shes at work )

my XMag came with autolube

Originally posted by Kevmaster
    my XMag came with autolube
    Mine too. And the only allen key needed for the badboy.
    David M. Jones
    AO Member #1111 - Formerly davej946
    Member of Team AO, MGO 2003

Wildfire :: Division III X-Ball
    www.wildfirepaintball.com

Supported by:
    Wildfire Paintball
    Nelson Paintballs

Buy a new Timmy. Nice box, bad instructions.
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

uhhh my emag came with an allen wrench, spare parts including some orings, all the extra level 10 parts, and a bottle of lube.

i would have liked to see a book but wasn't a big deal. Oh and mine came in a white box. But you know a colorful box doesn't make you shoot any faster.

Ditto.

Originally posted by Jonesie

i just bought parts to put together my own computer. i was happy with hardware that came in a fedex box filled with peanuts and the part wrapped in bubble wrap. manuals and such were in a ziploc bag floating around the box. i don't care what my stuff comes in, as long as it comes to me in pristine condition and works the way it's supposed to.

Originally posted by oldsoldier
    Buy a new Timmy. Nice box, bad instructions.
    What are you talking about? Just because you buy a Dragon or Lasoya yet it comes with 2002 Intimidator instructions doesn't mean anything. Sure the boards are different and setting modes and everything with a Dragon is different on a 2K2 Timmy making the manual completely useless. But that's ....... oh wait.

first everyone needs to know he bought it used from me.

Second, I told him Everything it was coming with and he said ok.

LOL....

So well...then give him his oil and shut him up!

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Originally posted by brett
    first everyone needs to know he bought it used from me.

Second, I told him Everything it was coming with and he said ok.
    The TRUTH will set you FREE

who cares... you get what you paid for... you gotta be the only *EDIT>>>POOF<<<* to complain... it's not like you carry around the box and bling bling it.. you just need the damn gun... and everything is plain and simple... like a mag... we buy quality products from agd.. not fancy ads... that don't keep there word... other companies sell cuz of fancy advertisement.. agd sells cuz of commitment and other big words...
    Last edited by Army; 07-09-2003 at 01:56 AM.
    My PBR Feedback
    My AO Feedback
    My PBN Feedback
    NEED A Y/I-FRAME, XVALVE OR ANY NEW AGD PRODUCT FOR A VERY REASONABLE PRICE? CONTACT: RogueFactor on AIM!
    PURE PWNAGE!

all this talk of boxes and shipping makes we want to order a new marker. I was excited when I got my F4, b/c it was a step up from my stingray() and it came w/ airlube, misc orings, and some allen keys.
    "LoadSM5: I smells funny"
    Load SM5 Fan Club
    Member #2
    Vice-President

My Webpage
    Feedback

Riotz Guest
    Presentation is key.

Well mebbee when you talking about English assignments it is...

Results are what's important. I hardly think buying a used marker with some of the extra stuff obviously missing from the box is gonna give much credibility to his complaints.

Originally posted by Jonesie

you do know that their are other size screws than a 1/8th on there right?
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh