Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any strange hobbies? (preferably legal)

Post Anyone have any strange hobbies? (preferably legal)

When I'm not shooting people, I'm hitting them with a stick. I'm a member of a Medieval reenactment group called the Society for Creative Anachronism. There;s an event every weekend somewhere where we meet and set up authentic encampments and fight during the day and drink (sometimes too much) at night. It's a great deal of fun if you have any interest in the middle ages. Here's a pic of me at one this year in armor about to sweat my butt off. It's not the best pic but that's real scale armor I made myself. It protects really well. Heavy as a pig.http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?UV=379923140473_79780110203&U S=0&collid=37090110203&photoid=17090110203

Anyone else?

------------------
    Black vert.feed E-mag
    68/4500 Dynaflow
    12" Freak

[This message has been edited by Load SM5 (edited 08-28-2001).]

I used to collect football cards, back in my day. I got rookie Jerry Rice's, rookie Tim Brown', I got rookie anything.

Right now my hobby is sitting up in the tree in front of my house, and throwing various fruits and vegetables at the passing cars at 10-12pm. I also have painted cones metallic black, and put them on the corner of a busy street. Me and a few buddies have a blast doing that. It's funny as hell when the people get out and throw the cones around.

------------------
    "A Hungarian mob realized that to be in power, you didn't need money, guns, or even numbers. All you need was the will to do what the other guy wouldn't. When they come in power, they go after Soze. They break into his house, and Soze comes home to find his wife and his kids screaming. Soze then showed them what will really was..."

-Verbal Kint

The Usual Suspects

[This message has been edited by MagMan5446 (edited 08-28-2001).]

shartley Guest

I hope that was a joke. If not.......

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

sometimes me and my brother take stuff from our freind's yards like: for sale signs, reflective sticks, fake animals, and other stuff. then we put it in somebody else's yard.

shoot seagulls and pigeons with paintballs
    walk 100 feet to beach and jump off rocks at high tide. watch tv. sleep. cause trouble with all the yuppies that live here in the summer.

------------------
    -68 Classic Automag
    -SP Proggresive barrel
    -Lapco drop forward
    -PMI gas through
    -12 volt revolution
    -Crossfire 68CI 3K Stubby
    -Microline fittings
    -WARP FEED
    -16" CP barrel
    -ANS sight rail

Well if it has to be legal.....then i dont have any.....j/p

I LIKE BURN THINGS!..lol, not kiddin on this 1
    hmmm..unusual things.....i chug slushys at school for money.i also write stuff in the streets with shaving cream at 10-12pm and lay in the street when cars are coming to see if they stop or go around me then other times me and my cousin, and his brother outline each other in chalk in ppl's driveways, then splatter some blood(usually fake) and see what they do when they see it in the mornin, and its really funny if you have some police tape, and block it off.then sometines i ride my bike at 4am.

-Jerry

Edit: I also enjoy destroying old computers in various ways such as:
    Burning
    Smashing w/ Sledge Hammer
    Throwing them out of my roof(sometimes into pool)
    shooting w/ paintball gun
    shoting w/ real guns (prefrably 12 gauge)
    and many more ways

------------------
    WickeDKlowN
    IRC:|^XeoN^|
    XeoN42069@aol.com
    Team TwiztiD
    "Huked On Fonix Reely Wurks For Me"
    "I Used To Be A Skitzophrenic But We're Ok Now"

[This message has been edited by WickeDKlowN (edited 08-28-2001).]

ya me and my friend use to rip around on the school grounds with his dirtbike. The cops did not like that. And when we go snowmobiling we fly past the cops on snowmobiles and out run them.

As soon as I saw this topic, I already had the SCA in mind. However unlike Load Sm5, I don't fight. I build things. And do research. So far me most recent building spree has been yurts, or ghers (same thing) sturdy, roomy mongolian-russian tents.

Load SM5, did you get to Pennsic this year? (Ok, I looked at the picture, I guess you did.. That is pennsic, right?) My pennsic picture, which earned me the title of "Amish Hugh Hefner" is http://www.stnelson.com/images/shaun.jpg
    My yurt is the back left. My first.

------------------
    Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy?
    Brass Eagle .68 Pistol... It's pure fear in a easily cracked plastic housing.

Thumbs up

My free time is usually spent with my daughter.The SCA (otherwise known as "Society for Consenting Adults"). Other than that, I install home theatres for a local HI FI shop.

me and my friends take this ugly porcelien donky my neigbor has in his yard and dress it up funny. Oh yah i also play football, and lacrosse.

There IS a difference between a hobby and vandalism!

Myself, I like to restore old firearms. WW1 to WW2 military arms in particular. Right now I'm "saving" a 1917 manufactured Luger.

------------------
    Micro E-Mag in Wild Tiger ~ Conquest 88/4500 ~ PTP Warp Feed
    Spyder TL+ ~ LP ~ eLCD ~ AGD Flatline ~ Warp Feed
    TL+ ~ a few mods
    Bob Long Millennium
    ICD ThunderCat

shartley Guest

Unhappy

Forgive me for being a wet blanket.. but this was a good example of a good topic turned stupid... and quickly.

I don't think the majority of what was posted here was a HOBBY.. pranks, mischief, stupidity, sure.. hobby, NO.

Come on guys. Load SM5 was serious, but only got a serious load of ...... well, you know. This is disappointing.

------------------
    “The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

magmanpaintball Guest

ride bike and cause trouble

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bofh:
    As soon as I saw this topic, I already had the SCA in mind. However unlike Load Sm5, I don't fight. I build things. And do research. So far me most recent building spree has been yurts, or ghers (same thing) sturdy, roomy mongolian-russian tents.

Load SM5, did you get to Pennsic this year? (Ok, I looked at the picture, I guess you did.. That is pennsic, right?) My pennsic picture, which earned me the title of "Amish Hugh Hefner" is http://www.stnelson.com/images/shaun.jpg
    My yurt is the back left. My first.

</font>

No, that was War of the Lillies. I've never made Pennsic. Not sure if I want to.
    Nice pic Hef.

And Shartley, I realize now that I left this pretty much open to interpretation. My mistake. Everyone has a strange definition of "Hobby"

------------------
    Black vert.feed E-mag
    68/4500 Dynaflow
    12" Freak

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Load SM5:

No, that was War of the Lillies. I've never made Pennsic. Not sure if I want to.
    Nice pic Hef.
    </font>
    I was thinner and younger, then

Why wouldn't you want to go to Pennsic? It's just after the IAO, and right next door... I normally only go for the first week, and set stuff up and do the land-agent thing. I really can't deal with that many people in general.

How many other people are members in SCA here?

------------------
    Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy?
    Brass Eagle .68 Pistol... It's pure fear in a easily cracked plastic housing.

I like to go look for dead animal bones and dig them up but only if they are really REALLY old!

AGD

i like to surf the web and practice for paintball.

------------------
    My Mag can beat your spyder w/ no paint.~~~me

Dont worry if it wasnt for losers like u, There couldnt be winners like me.~~~me

My mag is my mag, not yours, so go get your own one and be happy like me. ~me

i also like to play snake on my parents cell phones

------------------
    My Mag can beat your spyder w/ no paint.~~~me

Dont worry if it wasnt for losers like u, There couldnt be winners like me.~~~me

My mag is my mag, not yours, so go get your own one and be happy like me. ~me

Cool

Long range varmint shooting is my serious pastime, however, I once went to play with the SeaBees to blow up a "runway".

After watching them play, I got to help them make the all time mother of a cratering charge. (A cratering charge is a shaped charge designed to bore a 10-15' hole into the ground during the explosion, effectively destroying any integrity of the soil for 30' around. 2-3 of these will cut a runway or road and require a huge effort to repair).

Well, after the dust and rocks quit raining down, it turns out we (I!) blew it to 53', tapped a spring and registered with the seismographs in San Jose Ca., about 150 miles north Oh lordy lordy that was cool!

Now, only if I could make THAT a hobby

------------------
    EIB

Tom you mean dinosaurs right? I remember you had that whole thing on the forum with the pictures of you searching for dinosaur bones. Its proll stil on the forum

Jeff

I like to fish, free dive, camp and blow things up.My friends and i make homemade "fireworks".Dont to to much bad things.The only bad things that i can think of that i did were throw a ketchup at a passing car and haveing the guy chase us and raceing and burning rubber and doing stupid things with ny truck.Minor. im a good boy

I am an information junkie. I spend hours on the net looking up idea about anything. I love to do research. I also could sit and play computer games for hours. Diablo II is my alltime favorite with Deltaforce land warrior a close second.
    Then it is just raising the 4 kids and swimming in the pool. I love my life.
    Hitmanng

------------------
    Issha zetsumei -- The original "one shot, one kill"

well, one of my bigger ones now is collecting SoBe caps, currently have 136 of em hehe... also enjoy playing all sorts of video games, collecting anything I happen to deem 'collectable' especially Dragon stuff.

Zo Guest

i love to play my favorite game, Ultima Online. If im not doing homework or hanging out with friends. but of course, Paintball is #1 on the list =)

I work at a redemtion center/Liquor stoer so I could pass you a in a week

As for me, I blow things up at least once daily, go to the mall to play in the arcade, and work.

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Xzion:
    well, one of my bigger ones now is collecting SoBe caps, currently have 136 of em hehe... also enjoy playing all sorts of video games, collecting anything I happen to deem 'collectable' especially Dragon stuff. </font>

Talking

adam68c, how long you been freediving? I'm just getting into it... pretty fun!

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by irbodden:
    Being a punk isnt a hobby BTW.

-Rick
    </font>

Excellent!

Other than paintball I'm also big into Homebrewing and SCUBA diving.Why can't I have a cheap hobby like bird watching?

At least the Homebrewing keeps the beer tab down.

------------------
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Collect star wars toys.
    Collect sharp objects (knives, swords, ect.)
    Rock Climb (not real ones just the fake)
    Attempt to run the local bar out of Guinness.

------------------
    retro mini

And shepherds we shall be
    For thee My Lord for thee
    Power hath descended forth from thy hand
    That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command
    So we shall flow a river forth to thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be
    In nomine patre, at file, spiritus sancte.

- MacManus Family Prayer

Well, I collect old Mac's, and I'm part of a group which regularily pretends to be vampires pretending to be humans pretending to be vampires pretending to be human (Yay Vampire:the Masquerade LARP)

------------------
    Mykroft Holmes IV
    ------------------
    My Mags:
    CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
    PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'