Thread: help b4 i hurt somebody

Angry help b4 i hurt somebody

ok here's the deal, i just got my emag today and i got a drop along with it. I go and put the drop on and the screws are too long to fit snuggly. The drop therefore can move around. I said to heck with this i'll fix it l8r. So right now is later i am goign to try and cut the screws. I get 1 screw off and then go for the other. I then strip the screw with my allen wrench which i don't know why and the screw is no stuck on my emag. I then proceed to saw off the tip and scratch the bottom of my grip and a part of the battery park nothign noticable, but it's brand new!!
    and the screw is still stuck and i am extremely angry at myself and the dumb screw

How do i get it off!!!!!
    I knew not what I did but am now edumacated

WHY did you saw off the tip? You could have used vise grips to get it out. If there is any sticking out try and get with vise grips or a wrench, dont worry about the threads you'll have to buy a new screw anyways. If not, your going to have to drill it out and tap it again. If its brand new it should be under warrenty, but since your the one that cut the head off the tip, I don't know if thats covered. Several screws broke on me in motors in the cases and some wiggled out and some had to be drilled and tapped.

You have to drill it out. Take a 1/8" drill bit to start and drill down the center of the stripped screw. Use successively larger drill bits till the head pops off. Then remove the drop and the screw nub showing should spin right out...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

i didn't get to screw the whole tip off.
    i stopped cuz i was scratching paint i migth have to go pick up some touch up paint. i was planning on sawing it off then using vice grips to get the rest of it out
    Last edited by toyotaboy12; 07-09-2003 at 06:28 PM.

Oh my.

am i the only one who only understands the part stripping a screw?

help my beautiful emag doesn't deserve it

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    I really don't mean to rub salt in the wound but for future reference...
    if you cut the end off a screw because it is too long , put a nut on it and scew it down beyond the length you need to cut off.When you are done turn the nut off the modified screw to reset the threads.That way when you screw the new length screw into your marker it will not crossthread/bugger up the threads and become unremovable.

All I can suggest to fix the problem is to cut it off flush.Get a drill press with a vice.Drill out the broken screw and rethread the hole.A machine shop can do all this for you for a minimal fee.

You are the weakest link. Goodbye...

well i managed to vice grip the screw out, my drop is pretty scratched and the body cna be fixed with touch up paint, hopfulyl the screws i get tomrrow will work and i won't have to rethred the wholes

Another thing you could have done, if the head was still on and not recessed(don't know if it is on mags), is use a hack saw and cut a slit, then you can just unscrew with a straight screw driver.

thanx for future references
    i got the wrong size screws fro 32 degrees i went and got the right size btu still kidna long i will fix it l8r
    my emag got a few scratches i went and took some of my sis' nail polish and fixed the scratches
    unbelievabley it worked like a charm and the drop is almost as good as new(nail polish too)

Yes, those girly nail products come in handy. I used my girlfriend's nail glue once to put a foamy back on my Level 10 bolt. Worked great! Hasn't come back off in about 6 months or more of playing.

Nathan

Find a screw extractor at any hardware store. You will have to drill a starting hole in the broken screw, but the extractor will remove it easily.