Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!!MOVE OVER X-MAG 45BPS ... but wait FROM A COCKER!!!

Exclamation !!!MOVE OVER X-MAG 45BPS ... but wait FROM A COCKER!!!

Someone test it and see if the cps they are claiming is right. Oh jack and coke...

Wow is all i can say:

Main page.
    http://members.cox.net/pgipaintguns/page8.htm

45 CPS

36 CPS

20 BPS with Halo

20 BPS WITH REGULAR VL200!!! NO CHOPS or BREAKS

All i can say is this gun looks awesome. Im really lookin foward to the final release cause if i ever plan on getting another gun it will either be this or the 03 shocker.

PS: If this has been posted before sorry im not a forum gnome.
    Last edited by *ArKfEaR*; 07-11-2003 at 04:04 AM.

Heres the Pbnation thread if you wanna read through...

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=268255

That's insane, the backblock looks like it just hovers in place.
    Converge Kills

d) no lug
    e) no sear
    f) no cocking rod
    g) no blow back
    h) dual front regulator
    can you still call that a cocker?

Animal Mother Guest
    Originally posted by gtrsi

can you still call that a cocker?
    Well the body is a cocker so I guess they can, lol

makes sense.. if they stuffed that gun in a different body they would have a hard time selling it like the AKA Viking, so they used a cocker body and some other cocker parts and can still call it a cocker.

Just watching that thing makes me feel dirty.
    Or better yet, why don't you kill yourself. No, really, die. Drop dead, don't leave a note, in fact burn your house while your little ego is stuck in a bench vice so that you'll also incenerate yourslef and everything you own with it. Because that's all you're worth. You're not even wirh thte time it'll take for the house to burn down, so just kill yourself. You're a waste of space. You are nothing, you always will be nothing. Don't leave a note, you're not worth the ink. - Tyger

7. I would say it is still a cocker, much more so than their previous try. The Firestorm which looked hideous and I NEVER heard a good review on it.

Although it looks like there is some sort of Pin sticking out the back, more than likely the hammer is hit by a ram that sits where the velocity adjuster used to be. My question is where is the other solenoid?

Az

See the tray right above the trigger frames, that is where the second solenoid is.

moot point

the first marker didnt look like it was fully cycling till the end of the video..you can see at the end the bolt is going all the way back...for the fist part of the vid it was only half cocking.

anything over 25 pbs is a moot point...what can feed it reliably? until hopper technology passes 20-25 bps all you have is a video of a really fancy noise maker.

sorta like putting a jet engine on a motorcycle to go 500 mph...sure you can do it...but nobody can ride it, so whats the point besides braging rights.

Not even that, but don't forget that NO valve out there besides the RT valve can do a FULL charged shot after 20+bps. Sure, the Timmy or whatever can hit a nice ROF. But their shot to shot consistency and velocity will be all over the place.

RT valve is STILL king.

Originally posted by Dayspring
    Not even that, but don't forget that NO valve out there besides the RT valve can do a FULL charged shot after 20+bps. Sure, the Timmy or whatever can hit a nice ROF. But their shot to shot consistency and velocity will be all over the place.

RT valve is STILL king.
    That is all thoery.

I say bench mount it, fire it full-auto with a halo, and observe the trajectory of the paint over an open field - not at 5 feet into a dumpster.

Re: moot point

Originally posted by adam shannon
    sorta like putting a jet engine on a motorcycle to go 500 mph...sure you can do it...but nobody can ride it, so whats the point besides braging rights.
    When did bragging rights STOP being a motive to do something?

Originally posted on PBN

we can adjust the range (distance it fires) by changing the on time for the hammer, so on small sup air fields you have a short on time, lower your hammer pressure, and get great air efficency, on longer fields, lenthen the on time, increase your hammer pressure and presto, you have longer range than a normal cocker

NOT theory. They've measured the recharge rate of the valve itself.

Trust me. RT is king of valves. Has been for a long time and will continue to be.

Originally posted by Jack & Coke

That is all thoery.

I say bench mount it, fire it full-auto with a halo, and observe the trajectory of the paint over an open field - not at 5 feet into a dumpster.

Re: Re: moot point

Originally posted by Albinonewt

when its used in marketing hype to sell products. it doesnt matter if whatever board your selling can do 45 bps if it will never in reality get to go that fast with paint.

kids i play with always ask everybody with a high end gun "how fast does it shoot"...i always tell them "as fast as i pull the trigger, or faster than i can ever shoot it" but it still peeves me that all newbs to the sport who read some of the other message boards care about is ROF. try learning to play instead of buying a high end gun your first week in the sport and trying to hide begind a good marker with no skill. so many of these kids are worthless as players because they never learned to play. the sport is being ruined at its most vulnerable point...newbs...by hype and BS.

this reply sorta has nothing to do with the original thread....but is intended soley as a reply to the quote above. big boys playing with their toys for the sake of doing it is the mother of invention...but i do have a problem when impressionable new players are consumed by stuff they dont really understand to the point when thats what they think the game is about.

Originally posted on PBN

we can adjust the range (distance it fires) by changing the on time for the hammer, so on small sup air fields you have a short on time, lower your hammer pressure, and get great air efficency, on longer fields, lenthen the on time, increase your hammer pressure and presto, you have longer range than a normal cocker
    The only way to increase shooting distance without involving Magnus effect is to increase the velocity the paintball is traveling at. Increasing hammer pressure means the valve is open longer and more air is used, which results in more pressure being exerted on the ball, which results in higher velocity.

This is true with any marker, the higher you crank the velocity, the farther the ball with travel.

Now the question is "are they able to switch these settings on the fly mid game with this marker?" If so, then it is an illegal mod due to the fact that once the marker has been chronoed and deemed to be shooting at a safe speed, the owner can "increase his hammer pressure" (cheat) and be shooting above the safe legal velocity limits.

-Evil Bob

its just like anything autococker ........Its a retro fit.

I am confused why folks continue to make parts for a poorly engineered gun..... o' to make lots of money!

I still dont think it is an autocoker. Infact if that thing is a cocker then a timmy is just another retro spyder.

Originally posted by Evil Bob

Now the question is "are they able to switch these settings on the fly mid game with this marker?".

-Evil Bob
    No if you read on he says that they can adjust that for you at the factory. But the thing is if you have a laptop or computer you can adjust the settings from the there. Also there will be some other settings via an lcd screen, but the more complicated, serious settings will be set through a computer.

Its funny though how alot of you are still claiming the RT as king, well aparently this gun isnt getting too much drop off and the fact is that the RT can cycle fast but there are many others out there too that can do the same if not faster. A cocker is one of the most consistent guns to boot so, suprisingly I dont believe he is getting mad shootdown. The funny thing is though i remember when the guy with that makes those awesome boards for the e-mag and the modified trigger'ed RT posted his videos and some other people with watches. It was the all mighty day for the mag but when someone else can cycle it faster its no biggy, "WHO CARES your NEVER GOING TO NEED TO SHOOT THAT FAST ANYWAY! OR A LOADER THAT CAN SHOOT FOR YOU!" Even though its made by PGI it still looks promising.

Jack and coke analyze the footage man... you do it all the time

Dayspring, I think you misunderstood what Jack & Coke was saying, he was commenting about the above videos of these guys shooting 5 feet into the trashcan instead of on an open field like we've seen the guys from Odessey do with the HALO footage, that's what he's talking about being all theory and the comment about possibly shootdown.

-Evil Bob

Originally posted by Dayspring
    NOT theory. They've measured the recharge rate of the valve itself.

Trust me. RT is king of valves. Has been for a long time and will continue to be.

Man,

It's very bullheaded to think that someone cannot develop something faster.

Eventually everything gets bested.

This is brand new...there has been no legit scientific comparison.

RT Valve has been out for over 3 years. Hasn't been bested yet.

Originally posted by lack of grace

Man,

Originally posted by lack of grace

Man,

You're fighting a loosing battle trying to get the zealots to think that something may be better than AGD.
    One thing everyone forgets to mention is that until lvl 10 the retro was useless to a greater majority of the paintball world.
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

HEY DAYSPRING GOOD BURN.

BUT EVENTUALLY GUNS WILL GET FASTER THAN THE RT. THEN TK WILL INVENT AN EVEN FASTER RT. BAM

Re: Re: Re: moot point

Originally posted by Albinonewt

Originally posted by adam shannon
    when its used in marketing hype to sell products. it doesnt matter if whatever board your selling can do 45 bps if it will never in reality get to go that fast with paint.

Ho Ho! I have to point out how AGD and thier fans have been pumping out the "26bps" figure for the RT valve for years! Which is as useless of a statistic in the real world as any number.

The fact that the RT charges super fast IS its real performance boon.

I need to watch the videos - but come on kids - every year there is going to be new and better things. Do you really think AGD can make the X-Mag and kick back and say "we're done! - that should tide them over for the next 10 years!".

AGD - and every other company who wishes to remain competative - will have to continue to refine thier product and R&D new solutions.

BTW - isnt this by the same people that made the FirsStorm? Because that didnt work out so well. Time will tell if this will be a viable force - or just a nice performing prototype.

Problems or questions with the site or your account? Email me: webmaster@automags.org I collect old guns and paintball gear. Email me if you have stuff to sell!

Paintball Never Dies - www.vintagerex.com

45BPS, that's about 22MS for every shot. I'm not sure what the minimum load time for a paintball is, but I believe it's something on the level of 15MS. Now, if the gun can move the bolt forward, fire the ball, and retract within 7MS, then more power to them.

The RT valve, IIRC, can cycle 30bps and still have enough bolt open time to load a ball. Those numbers are probably slightly off, but I'm not sure that any gun can cycle at 45BPS and have enough bolt open time to load a paintball.

I'm skeptical. We'll see how this pans out.
    if at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Originally posted by Sparks
    45BPS, that's about 22MS for every shot. I'm not sure what the minimum load time for a paintball is, but I believe it's something on the level of 15MS. Now, if the gun can move the bolt forward, fire the ball, and retract within 7MS, then more power to them.

The RT valve, IIRC, can cycle 30bps and still have enough bolt open time to load a ball. Those numbers are probably slightly off, but I'm not sure that any gun can cycle at 45BPS and have enough bolt open time to load a paintball.

I'm skeptical. We'll see how this pans out.
    Just wondering, is it 15 ms to fall in regular or with a HALO?
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

what i would like to know is why on the 36 cps is why is the back block slowly going down after each "shot"(like we can tell when a new shot is happening)

could that be a sighn of shootdown?...

and in jacks picture if you look in the picture you can see some paint in it, hmmmmm......

the 26 cps no shoot down mag thing is an old argument.

yes the mag can do that, amazing, to me that isn't a reason to buy a mag.

Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*

Jack and coke analyze the footage man... you do it all the time
    You'll have to wait until tonight... you guys do know I have a day job right???

no it looks like gelatin build up not actual paint. Everyone has it after shooting alot of paint, but imagine after a bunch of 20 BPS tests...

Just i woulda cleaned out the barrel before i posted up pics anyway.