Thread: best barrel to paint match for diablo paint?

best barrel to paint match for diablo paint?

im forced to shoot diablo paint about 90% of the time.....whats the best barrel for a mag to shoot that? (i think its blaze but im not sure)

*edit* im tired give me a break and yeah it says draxxus on the plastic wrap i got 500 left.
    Last edited by ZCute; 07-12-2003 at 11:54 PM.
    FOR SALE:
    DYE Basic Black grips*BRAND NEW* ($10)
    Stock Single Mag Trigger (used twice)

diable eh? well if someones using the name blaze and it isnt draxxus im seeing a lawsuit commin, but i think u ment diablo, (draxxus former name) blaze is ussually good for me in a .687 red freak insert

Haven't used blaze, but hellfire fits great in my ultralite.. I think all the diablo paint is the same bore size

Black Z Timmy w/ everything
    Dye Ultralite
    PMI 68/3000
    Good Traders: brtncstm160, RogueFactor

i have an 02 All American and midnight and blaze shoots great with it but i'd reccomend a freak kit instead.

blaze is .686 +/- 0.001
    Rooster "But such is the mentallity of the Arab people. Which is why as long as there are Arabs, there will be a terrorist problem."
    ^^^ known AO racists

Contact Info
    AIM: holsamoht
    e-mail: Thomas.Loh@gmail.com
    My Feedback

my local indoor place uses blaze as well.......so i know just how small the stuff is.

i currently run a .685 back on kit (the smallest i have) and i still once in a while have rollout problemss with my cocker. i have asked about a smaller bore back, and one is on it's way....J&J have made a draxxus specific back for the edge at 682; i hope it works well.

once while there, people with a freak/cocker setup were using the 679 insert and STILL had problems....so like i said, the stuff is tiny

hope this helps

Living 5 min from a large distributer and shooting Blaze/Midnight/Nightmare every week I can tell you it's right around .682 - .684 new and fresh.My .684 is borderline to loose on occasion but it's darn close %95 of the time.

Jay.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

well i have been told .682-.687 how can that be? lol some of you guys are obviously mistaken...

Nope, paint swells/changes size depending on how fresh it is, the relative humidity, and temperature (so mostly about where you live as well).

I've always seen diablo as a smaller bore paint, (less than .689/8)

Here's a website with a paint chart: www.mpaintball.com

Mav

USAF Academy Paintball Team
    Cadet Fourth Class of Squadron Three "Cerebus - Dogs of War"
    New: AO Feedback

Originally posted by RRfireblade
    Living 5 min from a large distributer and shooting Blaze/Midnight/Nightmare every week I can tell you it's right around .682 - .684 new and fresh.My .684 is borderline to loose on occasion but it's darn close %95 of the time.

Jay.
    I'm telling you.I've got 2 cases right here.

Go .685 max if you want to be safe.
    Last edited by RRfireblade; 07-13-2003 at 03:00 PM.

Most of the Blaze we use here fits perfectly (touching in two spots, one on each side) in a .687 insert. We use .689 inserts to be sure we don't get any fluctuations when playing tournaments.

This weekend I had to jump to .691 because of the heat and humidity. Most balls were small and could roll out without a good detent but the odd ball would touch on two sides. It all shot beautifully, straight as an arrow and broke on the slightest contact.

The short of it is, check the paint for the conditions you are using it in.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

freak... best with any paint
    My PBR Feedback
    My AO Feedback
    My PBN Feedback
    NEED A Y/I-FRAME, XVALVE OR ANY NEW AGD PRODUCT FOR A VERY REASONABLE PRICE? CONTACT: RogueFactor on AIM!
    PURE PWNAGE!

its being used indoors....if that changes things

Get a good barrel that has removeable inserts. You don't need all the inserts. Buy a .687 for the smaller paint. Buy a .691 for the larger paint. That should allow you to comfortably shoot 95% of the paint wherever you go.

When in doubt, go with the larger barrel. A barrel that is too big for the paint is more forgiving and consistent than a barrel that is too small.

The best barrel for the paint is any multibore kit with a good selection of either inserts or back sizes. As long as your barrel kit is flexible enough to have the right size to fit the paint you're shooting at the time, you're in good shape.

-Evil Bob

i use diablo a lot too, my progressive realllly works well, like one chop per day of paintballing maximum.

For Blaze, Midnight, and Nightfire paintballs, the J&J Two-piece works well for me and the new two piece Smart Parts AA works just as good.

Moderate with Equality & Consistency in 2005!
    AO-WI: Player's List - Now with over 100 People!!!
    Karta #082
    Member #007 of the Unoffical Trina Fan Club
    Great Traders: automagfreek, ClassicMagger, Emagster, fire1811, Kevmaster, MrMag, Nicad, oldsoldier, RogueFactor, SpongeBobSquarePantsx2 , SteveDx10+, The Frymarker, Treefall25, Tunamanx3, warpfeedmod
    In Loving Memory of Eric "Po" Ison Oct. 10, 1974 - Dec. 31, 2004