View Poll Results: Does AGD need to lower their prices to be competitive?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 47.22%
  • No

19 52.78%

Thread: Should AGD lower their prices?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Should AGD lower their prices?

I haven't been on AO for a while now (switched to a Vision Impulse which has been rock solid and shoots great) but I've always wanted to get another Mag. I have been searching around and see all these new upgrades that are out and would really like to get a new Mag with the following...

Blue ULE Body, Black Intelliframe and LVL 10 X-Valve.

The problem is that, after doing a little searching around, I don't see this setup being sold as a complete marker, only as upgrades, and to get what I want I'd have to spend a goods deal of money. I'd have to buy a classic and then buy the upgrades (comes to over $800) or buy the pieces needed to put one together from scratch (still comes to over $660).

These prices don't make the Mag competitive anymore. I know the Mag is nothing but quality but there are many excellent markers out there in that price range that in my opinion beat the Mag (you can get a nice Vision Impulse, base E-Matrix, 2003 Bushmaster LCD w/PDS, and a number of nice custom Autocockers for that price, or less!).

In my opinion AGD needs to stop marketing the Classic/Mini-Mag, start marketing only the X-Valved, LVL 10, ULE bodied Mags as their base marker, and keep the E-Mag and X-Mag as their high-end markers. I also believe that in-order for this to be competitive, the base marker has to sell for under $500 complete (more like the $400 area with bottom-line, hoses and a good barrel, not a marker that needs another $100-$200 to get up and running). I do believe this can be done now that AGD is switching over to all aluminum parts (which are cheaper to manufacture).

Now please remember that this is just my opinion, so please don't flame me. As a none Mag user for a few years now, I have been watching AGD from the outside in. They have an almost "cult-like" following of very loyal customers which have kept them going but I don't see many new user switching to Mags. In the past few years I have seen all the local shops in my area stop carrying Mags because the price just didn't compete. There has also been a significant drop in tournament teams using Mags of any kind. How many teams do you see using Mags? How many teams are being sponsored by AGD?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see AGD back on top of things and I just think the only way their going to do it is to lower their prices and sell only competitive markers (LVL 10, X-Valved markers to compete with all the electronic markers with vision type systems).

Do you agree?
    I've got quite a gut, I'm no spring chicken, but I can still play with the best of 'em. Oh, and by the way, that's my paint you're wearing.

If AGD could sell them cheaper I'm sure they would. AGD just doesn't have the means to mass produce their products like other companies.

RTpros are now coming with X-valves, ULE bodies, and Intelliframes. These guns sell for around 550. This sounds like what you are looking for.

my guess is that their prices are there for a reason, and knowing AGD, they would lower them if they could. all you guys do is want want want, ask ask ask, but you never think that to get the perfect gun you might have to sacrifice something, and thats gonna end up being cash.
    SIG RULES SUCK REAL BAD AND THEYRE STUPID AND DUMB AND THEY STINK AND ARE STUPID AND I HATE THEM AND THEY SUCK REAL BAD

Originally posted by AcemanPB
    RTpros are now coming with X-valves, ULE bodies, and Intelliframes. These guns sell for around 550. This sounds like what you are looking for.
    ULE bodies are not stock yet. There where a few made up for special people, but they are by no means stock.
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

I'm glad to get some feedback. I was afraid that no one would answer this post, considering that I'm posting it on AO.

AcemanPB,
    I haven't been able to find the RTPro's your talking about. Does this new RTPro also include LVL 10? Where can I get one at that price?

Sorry, I started typing my reply before wyn1370 posted. Just as my searching had shown, they don't make the marker I'm looking for unless I buy the parts and put it together myself (which I would do, if the price wasn't almost $700).

I wasn't posting this to bash on AGD. In fact I would love to hear what Tom Kaye has to say about this. I'm sure he's interested in selling more markers. Let's hear his opinion on this...
    Last edited by Maverick; 07-14-2003 at 02:59 PM.

Well they have indeed been lower the price in a way. Slowly but surely the RT Pro and Emags have come with more and more things stock with NO price increase for some time.

First it was the Intelliframe.... free...no price increase

Then it was the Level 10... free...no price increase

then the X Valve went in....free...no price increase

same things went on with the Emags. Except in that case you now get the ULE Grip frame...free...no price increase.

Next it will be the ULE Bodies.... we wait and see if its free... or no price increase that is.

But you can see that things keep adding on features and the price still remains the same.

Not saying too much about the stock mags except that Tom has said things are in the works to upgrade those packages and also to make a realy cheap intro marker out of the old parts. That he is still thinking on that. All this has been discussed here on AO. So hang around and you would not have to ask these questions. They are answered or are in the process of being so. Big things are happening at AGD.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

cphilip,
    Thanks for the info. It's good to hear that this is happening. It does go to show that Tom seems to be thinking along the same lines I am. All those features make the RTPro and E-Mag just about price point competitive (I still think they're a little high still). If only the ULE bodied RTPro could come in at the same price point as the existing RTPro, it would be very competitive with the other markers I have mentioned.

yea! Great minds do think alike!

I am hopeing it will come in the same. I do not think it will be a huge increase if it is any.

I would also urge you to remember street price and MSRP are not the same... cept with X mags!

I just voted yes becuase... I thought it was lonely. With all the "no" votes, Yes was getting lonesome.

well I want to go with yes/no

You have to remember that AGD has probally the best warrenty and service on the planet, it can be hard to put a dollar on. Buy an angel for about 1k and if you have problems with it WDP is going to tell you to stuff it since the warrenty is only a few months. Now buy an ULE EMAG for around 1k (lighter btw) and I can gurantee that just short of running it over with your truck that AGD will be more than happy to fix/replace parts at anytime.

just my thoughts.

jb

Animal Mother Guest
    The only thing I had to upgrade on my E-mag was the ULE body, and I sold the stock black center feed for $80 and the stock barrel for $30 on eBay

It came with the ULE frame and the X-Valve (E-MaX) that also has the lvl X on it.

I think it would be nice to let another company put there spin on the e-mag maybe eclips and it could be sold with all the needed parts and upgrades
    I have seen a lot of what the world can do an it's breakin' my heart in two

FEAR!

Originally posted by satin (not satan)
    I think it would be nice to let another company put there spin on the e-mag maybe eclips and it could be sold with all the needed parts and upgrades
    eclipse emag, I would buy in a heartbeat.

jb