Thread: all these upgrades

all these upgrades

all these damn upgrades
    i got so busy in the past 10 months with school and everything else that it seems like i missed out on all the new cool stuff and now i have no clue what i need to get to stay up with everything. My setup now is

Clasic Valve
    minimag body
    lvl 10
    14" All American
    gass thru foregrip
    68/3000 flatline

can anyone tell me if this is even remotely a decent setup anymore and what my next upgrade should be. i was thinking a new grip because i still have the stock one and i never really did like it. But will the Intelliframe (the one im leaning to) have a signifigant improvement over my stock and when/if i decide to get a x-valve or ULE trigger will my money be well spent. By the way, is the ULE trigger worth getting if i have a classic valve? i dont really feel like spending 200$ on a x-valve first especially when i havent playing in so long. thanks for everyone's help.

cphilip - by the way, i was the one that traded for the lvl10 with you, everything go alright with the piranha?
    WANTED
    black x-valve w/o lvl10

-=Squid=- Guest
    Well, since you dont want an xvalve, I would first go with the frame. I frame or Y frame, whichever suits your needs best. After that I would say a ULE body, or a new barrel. I PERSONALLY recomend the freak, but if you dont want to spend the money on a multibore system, get a ultralite. Again, my own personal preference. a ULE body should be considered as well. And yes, your setup is still considered good. Hope this helps, but im sure you already made your mind up anyways.

yah that does help, i hadn't even considered a new body... hmmm what would be the advantages of it? i probably will eventuall get one but i sorta like my minimag body now. I do want an X valve but as of now i dont have enough money and i dont play enough to drop 200$. plus i just got in a car accident so i have to pay to fix my car and for insurance. A frame is easy to get money for (90 or so used) but 200 is pretty hard to get without the rents noticing.

-=Squid=- Guest
    The advantages to a ULE body are simple.

1) MUCH lighter
    2) Vertical Feed
    3) WAY better looking.

Honestly the main reason is looks, but to me its worth it

Well, I will tell you that the intelliframe is well worth the investment. The Y frame looks good as well. But personally, if you're going to spend all that money upgrading, perhaps you should start looking into another marker. Think about it;

X-valve (with trade in)=$225, minus shipping costs (which btw I feel AGD porks you on)
    Intelliframe=$115

Without shipping, or the ULT, the combined cost is $340. Let's just say you could get $200 for your setup. So that gives you about $540 to spend on a new marker. Want a ULE body with that? Add another $145 for spending (totaling $685 now). For 685 you can find a used e-mag, matrix, imp, etc. etc. easily.

On another note though, if the ULT is easy to walk, then it may be worth it to keep your setup and just upgrade. I like the idea of a mechanical marker that I can walk. I can guarantee the ULT will be everything, if not more, than what we expect it to be. If I were you, I'd just get upgrades piece by piece. IMO, this is the best route to take:

1.Y-grip
    2. ULE body
    3. Barrel kit
    4. X-valve
    5. ULT
    6. Custom add-ons (like custom grips, milled body rail, etc.)

For me this is the ideal recball marker. If the ULT is as good as I think it is, then perhaps a competitive tournament marker as well. Good luck with your decisions, and remember, gear, while it is somewhat important, is not everything. Spend more money on competing in tournaments and whatnot. If recball is more your thing, then don't worry about that!

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

darklord- that plan sounds great. Personally i dont like buying new guns, i have much more fun upgrading and personallizing as i go, not spending all the money at once. It may be more expensive that way but i dont have to spend it all at once and that makes a big difference for me.

by the way, what part of mass do you live in. I live in portsmouth, ri. probably not to far away from you. Hopefully i can get to the next AO NE day (whenever there is one) as for now im searching for my old member name in the historic posts with no luck.

hey, i live kinda close to portsmouth, do you know where fall river is, right near there... anyway, i just thought id show you my mag with all the new bells and whistles (not the greatest pic though), im going to wait probably a few weeks or months after the ULE trigger comes out to buy it so that i can read reviews and common problems or anything of the sort, but heres my mag (described in sig), oh yeah, i almost forget, if you end up getting a ULE body, you will need to take out your twist-lock pin assembly, the ULE body takes cocker threaded barrels

Level 10, ULE bodied, X-Valved mag
    Flat black Intelliframe
    12"cp barrel
    CP mini gas-through
    Phsyco Ballistics Drop with on/off
    pmi 68ci 3000psi nitro tank

Originally posted by minnimag
    darklord- that plan sounds great. Personally i dont like buying new guns, i have much more fun upgrading and personallizing as i go, not spending all the money at once. It may be more expensive that way but i dont have to spend it all at once and that makes a big difference for me.

by the way, what part of mass do you live in. I live in portsmouth, ri. probably not to far away from you. Hopefully i can get to the next AO NE day (whenever there is one) as for now im searching for my old member name in the historic posts with no luck.
    I live about 20 minutes outside of Boston in the 'burbs. Perhaps we should make a list of all the AO NE'rs so when an AO NE day rolls around we know who shows and who doesn't!

do you live 20 minutes south of boston, i live about an hour south of boston

I live about 20-30min south of boston, in easton.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

i was just in fall river today , thanks for reminding me about the berrals. Yah we should definetly get another AO NE day before late fall rolls around and it starts to get too cold.

**edit~ oh damn, yesturday i was near the south shore, and today i went through swansea and fall river

cool cool, where would this AO NE day be, at the cape again, or does anyone know another good place around here(lol, this thread kinda got hijacked, but by its own creator too)

aha yes it is yes it is but thats okay with me. I already solved my problem with upgrades, i got a chrome/blade intelli and since the new s from the tech dept doesnt sound good (i may need a new valve ) i think im done upgrading.

So where should the next AO NE day be? we could do cape cod if everyone likes that place or i know of a good place in North Dartmouth, Mass called East side paintball and it's 3 Air Ball feilds with their store 5 min away for any needs. It has plenty of space but not much for staging tables... well let me know what everyone wants and maybe i can start organizing one for this fall.

east side paintball, the store is in seekonk right, it actually used to be in swansea, it was on the GAR highway i think

yup, there's a store in swansea and one in north dartmouth. the one in north dartmouth is so much bigger and nicer. it has a lot more stuff too. i think ill post a thread on meet and greet about an AO NE day for the fall so people know about this.