Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modus Operandi for the Revolution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Modus Operandi for the Revolution

All,

The Untermag Revolution can not be about hype and promotion otherwise it would go against its own creed. It must not be about Tom Kaye or AGD either. Nor must it be a club or group of people. It must be a philosophy, a way of life, something that you feel is in your heart and that you would believe in, even if there were no others around. For this to succeed, it must continue as it has formed, an underground revolution. Like an iceberg there must only be the smallest tip showing, but a large mass hidden under the water. Its not about logos or stickers or chuffing your way through a mass of people, its about you and what you believe. If you make a decision in life about what is right and wrong for you, it will make you stronger. That strength will show itself to other people in the way you communicate and act every day. This inner strength will make you different from the others and at some point they will come to you trying to understand why. That is when you will discuss how you came to believe in what you do and why you do it. This will be slightly different for all revolutionists but always revolve around the creed.

We do not want the other forums or even paintball in general to link to pics of the red star and laugh about how “clultish” that is. We don’t want people to abandon this philosophy for the next cool club. We want people to know that it exists but only find it after a motivated search. If a player asks you about the red star on your t-shirt your answer should be “why do you ask?” not “yea I am a revolutionist”. The words “chuff, chuff” should pop up out of nowhere when someone tells you something stupid, only then identifying your beliefs.

We want the general public to know very few details about the revolution so they don’t form their own opinions before they understand that it is a phylosophy. Its all about a search for the truth and your personal decision to embrace that concept or not. The decision to join is a personal one and should be done after some lengthy thought. In fact this revolution started a long time ago, most of you are here because you have believed in this for a while, now we have given it a name and we are together as one.

As revolutionists we must be accepting of others decisions and know that this philosophy is far ranging. “I bought this marker because I thought it had the coolest milling I have ever seen” is a revolutionist statement, it is true to itself, honest, direct and non-hype. “ I saw Rocky shooting this thing and he was ripping on it so I got one to see what it would be like to shoot” is also a revolutionist statement. “ I saw Rocky shooting it so I knew it had to be the best gun out there” gets a chuff, chuff. “I shoot this marker because the rest of my team does and we look cool with matching jersies and markers” gets you in the revolution. “I shoot this marker because it’s the best and everyone uses them” gets you chuffed. Understanding the differences in those statements is the personal responsibility of everyone who joins this group. It is the motive behind the thoughts and not the content that we try to understand and improve.

We now have a name, a creed and way to proceed. Let’s see what we can do with it!!

AGD

Sounds good. Can we call you the Godfather?

This is freaking me out

www.TeamNever.com

Question

?
    Everyone say goodbye to the badguy...

Well said Tom.

No need for a lengthy thread for the revolution... we all know why we are here, it's not for revolutions, we're here for our own beliefs, I'm here because I believe in AGD and the quality products they provide... I've played with mags all but 2 months of my 12yr paintball life, and I will continue to do so until life stops me.

LONG LIVE THE AIRGUN WAY OF LIFE!!!!!

CM

Well put TK.

But also on a side point ... concern has came up that this may used be a marketing ploy. So in intrest of this I suggest that we keep the use of the img and such as non-profit only in the intrest of keeping it real

KEEP IT REAL! KEEP IT NON-PROFIT (and about the comunity)
    Last edited by edweird; 07-22-2003 at 04:49 PM.

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

It's a great idea but if it is a way of life, a philosophy or something you believe in, why would you need to join a club? (refering to other threads in the forum) Just to say you're in? If you are (I am, whomever) believes in the same, a number by my name isn't going to change that. Personally I think having to sign up for the the club thing is a bad idea and people a just missing the point. Just my $.02

I find this to be an interesting post by Mr. Kaye. When this whole DUR thing started, I figured it would be another "pie" club.

When Tom posted the creed, everybody jumped on it and I felt for sure thats exactly what it had become. Everyone wanted a hand in the logo and was spouting off the "chuff, chuff" at every opportunity. Some "underground" revolution.

I personally didn't want anything to do with it. I have always preferred to choose my own path. I didn't want to follow the crowd. The DUR seemed to be just that, some kind of clique.

Now we have this new post. I do like what is mentioned in it. Its not about hype, or being part of something. Its about being true to ones self. That is something I would be willing to stand for.

I won't wear your logo, but if everyone can do as Tom asks, I can respect your revolution. If its all about "being in the DUR", and not what its supposed to stand for, then all I can say to your "chuff, chuff" will be "I like pie."

I am semi-confused. Is this about life or paintball? Well Paintball=Life but thats whats confusing me...but from what I understand it seems like my prior beliefs anyway...
    The South Will Rise Again

Boycott Smart Parts

no one said you had to sign up. the revolution has been a long time coming, and is more of a mindset. a mindset for the intelligent people in life. the people that wont buy into the hype. the people that stand out, and refuse to be lost in the crowd.

we dont buy into the hype, we arent a part of the crowd, we ARE the revolution.
    "LoadSM5: I smells funny"
    Load SM5 Fan Club
    Member #2
    Vice-President

My Webpage
    Feedback

I walk around collecting cans all day...hey, mind if I check your garbage?!?
    I'm speechless. I love when people speak facts, thanks Tom!
    UPGRADE YOUR GREY MATTER 'CAUSE 1 DAY IT MAY MATTER!!!

hmmmm.....

look into my "how to build a mag article under GT's tips.

4. Buy stuff that you like. I noticed that even when I completed my mag that some folks didn’t like my drop/tank setup. Well it’s my gun and my opinion is the only one that matters.
    The power to do any and everything in this life is located in your hands. Use that power wisely

chuff, chuff

jb

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")
    Tom for Illuminati

i think alot of it is just for the fun of it.
    i see a few people posting about how this is not right, don't limit, we're excluding peple etc etc.

so what? it's fun, it's a good idea. i don't care because i'm already on the list if for no other reason than i saw the post before x many others....lets not take the club mentality so seriously (thats directed at the people who don't like the idea of a club).

i didn't ask to be in wang, capo or pie because i didn't start posting here until long after they were established and didn't feel it was my place to be likin' pie etc. but i also didn't espouse that opinion and therby possibly bring others down off thier pie high.

i personally do feel it's my place to be dur. i have been involved in helping players my whole paintball life. i've been head ref at and helped build two fields over 15 years and am involved in helping the owners of another at this time. i did it before as a way to get paint and cool stuff and to help others, i'm a giving guy....now i do it because i love it. theres mpre, but i'm not a self horn blower....deeds, not words.

i love this game, i met my best friends doing this. i like it when kids go on the field, have a blast and show up later on as a walk on w/ their very own stuff.

i love it when a kid looks at my ancient annihilater and tells me "thats a tight gun" (modern day kidspeak) and asks me questions about it and is interested in what i say.
    here i am, a 39 year old gray haired chubby guy holding the attention of a 13 year old kid that isn't as old as the gun we're talking about.

they learn history from me. names like macmillan, how many hear know that name?

i am dur because i did what the creed says before there was a creed. thats "paintball attitude" as a new friend recently told me. help, encourage, don't argue, don't bash. give honest opinons. play fair and play safe (homage to sparky).

rant over, thanks.
    (battoning the hatches now....)

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

I now understand thanx for clearing it up...yes I def don't buy into the hype...but no big drops for me..lol

This is interesting.

Moderate with Equality & Consistency in 2005!
    AO-WI: Player's List - Now with over 100 People!!!
    Karta #082
    Member #007 of the Unoffical Trina Fan Club
    Great Traders: automagfreek, ClassicMagger, Emagster, fire1811, Kevmaster, MrMag, Nicad, oldsoldier, RogueFactor, SpongeBobSquarePantsx2 , SteveDx10+, The Frymarker, Treefall25, Tunamanx3, warpfeedmod
    In Loving Memory of Eric "Po" Ison Oct. 10, 1974 - Dec. 31, 2004

Well put.
    Giant flying dogs are gonna give you a flame-thrower enema!!!

SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!

Chuff!!! Chuff!!!

ABQHC

Someone said Tom is such a good guy, he would probably invite all the members to the Chuff compound to live.

I said well, if we all went to live at the compound, we could have jobs and make mags and sell them for $100 a piece.

So Id say Imagine if it was like 20 differnt kinds of mags and they all cost $100 a piece like spyders and they were made in America... Mags of all differnt colors and sizes.

But of course that will never happen.

If it did though, Id say it should be about making things better, grass roots, like Henry Ford. Cheap mass industrialism cheap and well made that everyone can afford to play paintball. Little kids playing paintball in school. No more fat kids.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    All your farm animals are belong to us.

Word.

Chuff Chuff
    X Valve'd.

Very well put, i hope everyone reads and understands the meaning of the revy.

I agree with Lee, the 'revolution' existed long before anyone named it. I believe it was Shartley who said he already belonged to AO, and that was enough (sorry if I misquoted). Most people on AO are anti-hype, are always helpful, use various other markers without prejudice, and in general are very benificial to our sport. Not all forums create a friendly 'community' as here. I am proud that revolution mentality exists here, and wether your name is on some list or not I believe most people share the same 'revolution' belief that Tom K. is speaking about.

Believe me, the last thing anyone would want to do is disrespect Das UnterMag Revolution, creed and way of life! I dare those to chuff with us...

Tom...don't tell me you're gonna try to sell us on the Crown Point barrels again...

i hope this doesnt get me banned or black-balled or whatever but i just have to say this, i bought my first mag in '93 and have had 4 since then, they are a fine, quality product produced and supported by a very customer-oriented bussinesman and company. i met tom in dallas this year and he is the same in person as he is in bussiness, honest and upstanding and genuinely concerned about customer satisfaction, with an attentive ear for customer concerns and complaints.

but this is where i am probably gonna piss off a lot of AOers and maybe even tom but this is what i have to say; COME UP FOR AIR FOLKS, JEEEZ! its just a game! its just a product line! allbeit a great product line and a great game but nonetheless, just a product line and just a game!

if you need pb to help you define your personal code of conduct then so be it! just dont blindly, mindlessly follow this crowd either! or, this whole thing could just be a joke and i am the only one who didnt get, i could be wrong.

For some, I don't think it's a way of maintaining personal conduct, but an overall conclusion that we agree upon. Knowing that living a robotic life style and having a one track mind is a part of societies norm and I'm sure that organizing such a group...regardless if it's for fun or not, can give people a reality check and seperate them from the norm.

Those that are different are put in the category of outcasts, this does not make one a follower or someone negative, but someone who is willing to venture off and discover on there own. That's what Das UnterMag Revolution represents; people down for the cause of helping others, learning and being there own individual.

-Peace

Tom you must be psychic or something. Cause thats exactly what i thought. Man i wish i had better writing skills.

Me fail english? Thats unpossible.

...ever in the continual search of time dilation.

Emag 4.0 "I love the way you turn me on"

TOM im imprest. well put(tear)...it was right to the point dasuntermagrev. forever!
    “Live the Creed”

chuff chuff #67

to put this simply
    it's not that paintball or this particular product line defines who we are...
    it's just the opposite...
    who we are defines our tastes, interests...and yes
    whether or not we follow the herd...or not
    what Tom is saying is, sure it started off as being a silly club but it is what we make it..
    if we make it a stupid club then that's what it will be...however... if we actually all carry these similar beliefs and put a little bit of pride into it...then it can be more...it can truly be a revolution!

viva la resistance
    TheDuelist "The problem is that Tom has developed the VW Beetle of the paintball industry. It's almost too good to change and far too reliable."

all i am sayin is this, whenever i see a player at the field shootin an old beat up mag i see a fellow player who isnt concerned about following the crowd or fitting in with the group either, but when i look around this thread all i see are mag-shooters fallin all over each other tryin to get into this club or follow that revolution or be part of some group. i guess i am just alittle disappointed.

i still shoot mags because i dont feel an overwhelming urge to follow the herd, whether its the herd out on the feild OR the herd here at AO. i dont know, whatever.

Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.
    boiled down, look below.

-Tyger

DUR for the player, by the player united under on red star... Chuff Chuff!
    Gunslingers , your source for upgrades and modifications
    Information - Equipment - Airsmithing
    We Know Paintball