Thread: minimag owners help me ....pls

minimag owners help me ....pls

Hi, I am the proud owner of a beautiful Minimag. I have had it for about a month and have so far bought a

12" Smart parts progressive barrel
    ANS phase 2 precharger
    AGD intelliframe with blade trigger
    viewloader 9v hopper (hooked to my hopper)
    68cu 4,500psi pure energy fiber wrapped nitrogen tank
    AGD level 10 bolt
    Kapp on/off valve
    Kapp chrome drop forward

Now I think in my opinion that it is a good set-up, can't really think of anything else that would increase performance ( if you can let me know....kinda new to this paintball thing), but what I really need is a better barrel. At about 60-75 feet the balls ALWAYS curve hard to the right. I clean the barrel, I take care of the gun like it was my baby, but still it always curves. Can anyone that has AGD experience help me? What are the best barrels for this kind of set up? I thank you in advance.

Imagine that a Smart Parts product not performing well... must be some sort of karmic pay-back.
    /gatudious_SP_dig_off.

As far as opinions on barrels go... I like my old *** dye stainless 10inch. Everyone has their own opinions and for the most part there all valid. I think miscue said it best when he stated that a straight piece of PVC with good bore-to-paint match would be just as accurate as anything else out there.

you just need a striaght pipe that matches your paint...and paint that's not football shaped out of the box helps too. :P
    - JPM -

Just wondering..does a longer barrel help with accuracy? I would assume so, but just asking in case. Thanks

If I understand what I've read in the past the lenght of the barrel has more to do with gas efficancy(sp) than anything else. I shot the stock 8 inch barrel in my Mini untell the day it was stolen and never had an accuracy problem. You should really check this and this out they are packed with good info about barrels and bore sizing. 12 and 14 inch barrels seem to be really popular right now.

get rid of the Phase 2 reg. Replace it with the stock valve components. The phase 2 doens't do anything for you except void your warranty.

Idealy, you want a barrel kit, like the pipe or scepter, so you can match the bore size to your paint. the length of you barrel doesn't have alot to do with accuracy, but 12 inches is just about perfect.

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-