Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BlackVCG's ULT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ultralight
    what problems are most likely to occur if the on/off pin is bent?

i may have bent my pin, barely perceptible but i know that in a mag tolerances run tight.

the bolt is not resetting fully, it gets stuck about 1-2mm before it fully resets, could a bent pin be the cause?

also, is gold cup oil better than autolube for the Xvalve?

please help quick, i have a game on sunday!

thanks in advance.
    Hey bro, if your on/off pin is bent, I don't think it will cycle at all. I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking about finding a washer that'll fit around the outside of the bolt but not exceed the diameter if the edge and see if that takes care of the re-cocking problem. You could also stretch that medium spring out, buuuut stretch it too far and the gun won't fire

ive been tryin to find someonoe who modifies the stainless rt valve to accept the 2 o-rings, but i havent been able to find anyone so if someone could help it would be great cause i have a tourny in a week

Hey, two shims in the power tube and six on the ULT and my gun sang like a pro today. Only sticks when it's dirty, or low on air so make sure it's clean and gassed. OIL ON THE ON/OFF MAKES IT STICK!!! It causes a vaccuum and it doesn't cycle as easily as it would if it was just clean with a extremely small amount of oil on it.

Can some one make it a little more simple...

OK, I've read through all of the posts and I'm confused as ever...

What is the end effect if I ADD more shims to the ULT? Lighter trigger pull?

When is the end effect if I REMOVE shims in the ULT? Heavier trigger pull?

I've been racking my brain all morning playing with mine. I finally got the Level-10 tuned properly and now moving to ULT.
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    OK, I've read through all of the posts and I'm confused as ever...

What is the end effect if I ADD more shims to the ULT? Lighter trigger pull?

When is the end effect if I REMOVE shims in the ULT? Heavier trigger pull?

I've been racking my brain all morning playing with mine. I finally got the Level-10 tuned properly and now moving to ULT.
    haha, yea I was confused as hell too. I had to print out the instructions and the diagram and re-read everything like twice. At any rate, more shims on the ULT doesn't mean lighter pull, persay. It means a SHORTER pull. The shims are only what-----a 1/32nd of an inch? But they certainly make a difference. TRUST ME. You're not going to want more than 6 on there. The instructions say if it goes full auto take one out, but i asked another tech and he said that it's ok, as long as the gun stops shooting when you let go of the trigger. Happy trouble shooting !! Hope ya gotta full tank of gas.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
    Level 10 should be fine, shooting 280 pretty steady, removed one shim because I was having an issue where if you put a little weight on the trigger it would start leaking, and it has no leaking down the barrel. I'm somewhat convinced it has something to do with the on/off or sear as it also shoots often when I gas it up. It sometimes lets the bolt move forward and stay there venting when I gas up and then if I reset it or let it fire, it's fine, I don't have a clue what's up.
    if you marker fires when you gas it up your o ring in the center of the valve has came loose split your valve in halve the small white o ring should be seated in the brass piece and not on the pin (i asume this is an x-valve) just lube the pin good, reinstall gas it up, and it should be fixed

What is the output pressure on your tank?

Have you tried adjusting the velocity?

When it quits firing, did you try to push the bolt back with your finger to see if that will "click" the bolt back onto the sear?

Who did you send it to?

Do you have access to calipers and if so, can you measure the length of the pin assembly from the top of the pin to the bottom of the larger support pin?

Quote Originally Posted by Pudmullet
    Ok. I have gone thru and tried everything I know to try which is limited. Now when the gun is gased up, the trigger puts pressure on the trigger but it will not fire. I turn off the air & remove the tank & the gun holds the pressure. It wont release the pressure until I disconnect the macroline and begin to remove the valve from the body and it will fire.

Thanks
    Turn up your velocity?
    Origninally posted by warbeak2099
    Definately extra lube. I keep two bottles at all times. Can't leave home w/o your lubricant.

My Feedback

I installed the ULT kit. I cannot put more than 4 shims in the on/off or I cannot get the on/off down far enough into the valve so that I can slide it into the body. It sits up just enough to not allow enough clearance to get the valve back into the gun.
    With 5 shims it is a no go...with four it goes in but has very little effect on trigger pull. I must be doing something wrong.
    If anyone has any ideas....they would be appreciated.

Question ult shim help

i have a few issues i would like some help on,i just got the ult pull kit droped it in with 2 shims to start. trigger pull felt good but it was my understanding to add shims until it goes full auto then take one out.so i am now at 5 ult shims and 1 lvl-x shim and it still has not went full auto and i cant fit any more so what should i do also now when i gass the marker i shoots once and i have already checked the o ring in the center of the valve to see if its seated in the brass piece and it is,any ideas? also please tell what more/less shims do in the ult

when you guys oil the ult, do you take the entire assembly off and oil each oring and the pin?

i got 7 ult shims in mine and it works great.

setup

xvalve
    lvlx - no shims
    ult - 7 ult shims
    crossfire 68-4500 preset 800psi

Okay, I can't read this entire thread.

Here it is, I took all the shims out of my ULT and it still goes full auto when I try to fire it. I have no clue what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVCG
    What is the output pressure on your tank?

Have you tried adjusting the velocity?

When it quits firing, did you try to push the bolt back with your finger to see if that will "click" the bolt back onto the sear?

Who did you send it to?

Do you have access to calipers and if so, can you measure the length of the pin assembly from the top of the pin to the bottom of the larger support pin?
    The problem was the feild strip bolt was not tight enough. The aluminum rails have to be tightened just right. Thanks for the help.

How do I know if I have too many or too little shims in my ult on my hyperframed xvalved mag? I played saturday with a gun that had a slow leak every other shot, capped at five(it would chuff if I went faster). How do I fix this. Yes I sound like a nob, but I dont care. I need this ripping. tornament soon.
    "Don't stoned i'm shoot" -someoneiforget

Is the ULT recommended or not recommended for mags with Hyperframes?
    Automag RT Pro
    ULE Body
    RT Valve w/ LvL 10
    AM/MM Rail
    Intelliframe
    Custom Products Matrix barrel
    CP small drop
    Black

ULT and classic valve

Blackvcg,

Just got my ULT for my classic valve. I get runnaway with 4 shims, with 5 its doesnt fire, and 6 it doesnt sit down far enough in the vavle to get in the body. 3,2, and 1 shim doesnt fire. Any suguestions?

Thanks

how about 3 shims?

Quote Originally Posted by nipplez
    how about 3 shims?
    See post above*** 3 shim swont fire. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by mark_1791
    Is the ULT recommended or not recommended for mags with Hyperframes?
    On my classic Mag with Hyperframe ... the ULT was the only way to get it working reliably. I have it set to 6bps. (9v VL2000)

Ok, so say the ULT doesnt work with any combinations of shims - Then what?

(classic valve, btw)

Answering my own question :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Ok, so say the ULT doesnt work with any combinations of shims - Then what?

(classic valve, btw)

FYI for anyone with a classic valve that is trying to install a ULT. I ran into the situation where ithe gun would not fire with 4 shims, but adding more would prevent the on/off from fitting into the gun body.

My solution was to file the bottom of the pin down enough to make it work with 4 shims. Since adding shims = a shortned pin anyway, I figured i might as well just physically shorten it.

If you try it, I would suguest being VERY careful. Also, make sure you grind the BOTTOM of the pin. That would be the end that sticks out of your vavle and contacts the sear.

So far so good. I installed a LVL10 as well. I have to wait for a break in the weather for me to put some paint through it, but it sounds pretty good.

Im going through all of this trouble so I can install a spyder frame on the gun.
    (yes, I am a habitual tinkerer)

I have read this post an in the beginning BLACK says the ULT can't be installed in the Classic. But now BIGEVIL you are saying you have one in a Classic did you have to drill out the valve or anything to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigwldr
    I have read this post an in the beginning BLACK says the ULT can't be installed in the Classic. But now BIGEVIL you are saying you have one in a Classic did you have to drill out the valve or anything to make it work?
    No, all classic valves have 2 on/off top orings and can accept the ULT. You may experience chuffing or shoot-down with it if you short stroke. I put it in my classic valve because I am putting a sypder e-frame on it.

Hey,
    When I fire too quickly, I will shortstroke a bit. Is this something I'm going to just have to practice working on, or did I install it incorrectly. I have trigger stops on, and I gave them some slack and that seemed to help, but when I short stroke, the only way I can remedy the situation is by taking off the tank and putting it back on. As you can imagine, that is quite annoying. I installed the ULT a while ago so I don't remember how many shims it has on it, but if it's not the ULT's fault, could my tank be suffering from shootdown. Its and ACI Bulldog III, which if you go by those test results is not the quickest in recharging. Thank you for any insight you can give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain For Pleasure
    Hey,
    When I fire too quickly, I will shortstroke a bit. Is this something I'm going to just have to practice working on, or did I install it incorrectly. I have trigger stops on, and I gave them some slack and that seemed to help, but when I short stroke, the only way I can remedy the situation is by taking off the tank and putting it back on. As you can imagine, that is quite annoying. I installed the ULT a while ago so I don't remember how many shims it has on it, but if it's not the ULT's fault, could my tank be suffering from shootdown. Its and ACI Bulldog III, which if you go by those test results is not the quickest in recharging. Thank you for any insight you can give me.
    Have you watched how you pull the trigger to make sure its not user error? If it truly is the ULT, add a shim at a time till it gets where you like it.

Question

Why does my gun stop firing with too many shims instead of going into runaway?
    specs:
    micromag
    xvalve
    I-frame
    750 psi crossfire
    ult 6 shims right now

sorry if this already has been answered before a million zillion times, but why is it not recommended for a 68 mag? talking about the ult....

Howdy -

Just got my second mag ( ), a used RT Pro with X-Valve and ULT, and the vertical Logic frame. I did not get any instructions of any kind, however.

I also have a bag of extra shims, but I can't tell if they are lvlX or ULT shims. Is there an easy way to tell? I would like to be a little more scientific in my approach to adjustment...

Separately - I can't find any online instructions and useful blowups anywhere (for ULT and/or lvlX), and I've been through the AGD website several times. Does somebody have a link? That would be great.

All help appreciated. Thanks.

I need extra shims!!!! i just got a used mag and only have 4 in the ULT, the gun "short strokes?" ...i shoot and then the trigger goes limp like it isnt gased up and doesnt fire for anywhere from 2-10 seconds then pops back, and i can fire again just fine.

I think i need more shims but it didnt come with any more, i didnt check but i think the power tube has to on it..... anywhere i can get shims or anyoen have some extra and can help a brother out?

pm me or hit me at vnvnati0nalist on AIM Thanks

Is there any condition in the ult that would cause the gun not to fire at all but to still push on the trigger with a lot of force? Thant is whats happenigng to my gun and I ruled out the lvl 10 so this is the only other thing I can think of that could cause the problem.