Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: BlackVCG's ULT Thread

Has anyone with an adjustable noticed any increase in reactivity and decrease in chuffing at higher output levels. My Dynaflow should be here tomorrow and I am hoping to notice a difference in the way it feels.

yeah slightly...
    im running mine at around 900psi and it's great
    with my rear trigger stop i dont chuff anyway
    but even without the trigger stop the reactivity is good enough to keep it to a minimum
    heck once you learn your trigger, you barely ever chuff...
    and even when i have, i still havent broken a ball or double fed
    TheDuelist "The problem is that Tom has developed the VW Beetle of the paintball industry. It's almost too good to change and far too reliable."

Seems to me that when I chuff, there is usually just enough pressure on the bolt to roll the ball right out of the tip, so I haven't broken any balls yet. i love this trigger, but was having some small problems with bolt stick. To remedy that, I have purchased some KC troublefree-I was wusing Gold cup, and a new Dynaflow tank. I am happy with it at 750 psi, I was just trying to find out if I can expect even better performance at 900 psi or so. I hope so, and isn't it funny how some people can justify spending $400 to get a $50 mod working at its best?

Originally posted by afrankart
    justify spending $400 to get a $50 mod working at its best?
    lmao
    funny
    no
    it's perfectly reasonable

is the ult really worth it?

My Feedback
    Not Wearing Pants Since 1999
    President of The Anti-Pants Party
    Join The Anti-Pants Party

I tried it on Mike's mag. I'd have to say no, though it did feel a bit smoother than a normal mag.

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

Originally posted by sps16
    is the ult really worth it?
    well put it this way
    YES!
    but there are some things to consider...
    it's good if you like having more control over how your trigger feels, if you like to tinker a bit...you wont get it right on the first try...

I tried it on Mike's mag. I'd have to say no, though it did feel a bit smoother than a normal mag.
    this is the biggest problem with the ult...
    if it's not set up well, it won't seem so great
    i was wary of it myself but it's well worth it, especially for the price...

I have absolutely no regrets about getting it. In fact, I can shoot considerably faster than with my normal on/off. At first I had some problems, and after a lot of fine tuning, It works perfectly for me. Although I don't know if I myself would put it in a classic.
    Cobalt DM4
    Team Synapsis
    THE GARDNER BROS ARE AS COOL AS HERPES

thats kinda what i figured, on yaggy's mag it was pretty nice

Alright, I got a chance to try it out with my dynaflow and some KC lube. at 900 psi, and very well lubed, I could both test the level 10 and shortstroke and there was no more bolt-stick. Now though, I have to do some re-tuning of the ULT because it was very obvious that the extra 150 psi I am cramming in there developed one really nice sweetspot. I am out of air for now, so no more testing till this weekend. One thing I forgot was that I also changed to the next larger carrier and up to the middle spring. All of these changes has made this upgrade quite a bit better than I had expected. I couldn't ask for more.

ok,i would like to do this upgrade myself but if im totally lost or screw up can i send it to someone to set it up?

Man, some kindergarteners could probably install this right. It is very easy.

hmm well thers a kid down the street but i think he is in 2nd grade hey im gonna order one today so hopefully all goes well

should I?

Hey.
    After reading this whole thread, very informative by the way. I was wondering what the general consensus is on whether I should get the ULT trigger.
    I run a classic mag, but its got the 8-hole turbo drilling mod. So I don't really experience any shoot down at the moment. I was thinking of buying a booyah frame or centerflag hyperframe for my mag, but didn't want to deal with some finicky POS electro-frame for my baby. I'm thinking about getting a X-valve upgrade sometime in the very near future. But I was thinking of getting the ULT first. Basically, this mod sounds really badass and I need at least one person to say "just buy the damn thing" and I will. Oh hey, whats the best lube to use on this thing? I do just fine using gold cup now, but after reading this thread I think I'll have to upgrade to something a little more serious to avoid funny sticking probs etc.. would DOW 33 work? imagine for a second I know nothing about such things.
    Thanks.
    This forum kicks ***, and Tom Kaye is some kind of paintball god.

personally i'd wait and just save for the xvalve
    i havent tried it on a classic and some people have claimed to have good results but others say its waay to easy to short stroke

btw don't use dow33 on a mag...
    dow is nice for cocker and shocker bolts... thats basically it...
    it's too heavy to use on a mag
    you want the lightest oil possible
    people seem to be having good luck with KC
    i personally use ats lube(came with my at-85)

Just buy the dang thing... after you buy an X-valve.
    Yeah, and douse it with lotsa KC troublefree lube.

Now that I've got everything tuned up (KC trouble free and centerflag hyperflow at about 950 psi) I'm extremely happy with the ULT. Played last night and it absolutely rips, no breaks or double feeds, no bolt sticking. Might have to take out a shim, because there was a VERY nice sweet spot!

Trex
    ULEX/ULT MAG
    omega rail/i-frame
    freak barrel system
    centerflag 68/45 hyperflow
    Smoked Evy II

ULT owners/users, Please respond to survey!

All ULT owners/users - please respond to the "number of shims" survey I've posted in the Tech forum.

The link is : https://www.automags.org/forums/show...threadid=104880

Thanks!

-Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

For everyone who has a regular valve (like classic, or A.I.R.) how is the ULE working? I am one of the few who are trying this mod on a standard valve and I need some more responses becuase mine is coming hopefully by friday, and Im playing on Sunday. I want to get everything straight so when I get there I know what to expect and what to do.

So far it seems like the people who have the mod on a classic valve (2 people as far as Im aware) got it to work with a lot of shims...is this right? I know there will be a problem with the recharge rate but the way I see it, if we just throw in the most amount of shims it should shorten the pin enough that it wont matter that much. Of course Im not looking to get 15 bps with this, just a lighter pull that enables me to shoot a burst of like 15 @ a rate of 13 bps... In fact I only shoot as fast as I possibly can once in awhile. Will this style fit the ULT for a A.I.R. valve?
    MM19223 -=Minimag=-
    [Level-10]&[ULT]
    -Self Polished Body
    -Intelliframe nickel
    -Lapco SS 12 inch
    -KAPP Chrome gas thru-grip
    -32* Flame Drop Chrome
    -Black Macro
    -47ci 3000psi Crossfire tank
    My minimag-link working

email: dr975@yahoo.com
    aim SN: drx975

Originally posted by Neo-Gp
    Link not working
    Sorry - not sure what went wrong - here it is again...

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hreadid=104880

-Calvin

in the classic...

Tom has posted that the ult Will go into a classic valve and Will do what it's made to (lighten the trigger pull). HOWEVER, due to the valve's lack of reactivity, it WILL shortstroke. Alot of shims will help with this, but not eliminate it.

k

Got it, I got my ULT yesterday and Im gonna try it out this weekend and I'll let those of you who have a Classic Valve know how it works when I get back. Right now I have 2 LVL X shims in and 4 ULT shims... I still have 1 ULT left and 1 LVL X left, but I might need that last LVL X shim.

Talking

Well, I've put this thing in a micromag with an xvalve, , level10, intelligrip, and warp. Last weekend, I started converting my team to the wisdom of AGD. I haven't even upped the pressure yet to increase reactivity and I am stunned. There is a spot on the trigger that just causes this thing to rip. Spent alot of time tuning it, but it was sooo worth it. Really consistant too. Definantly want to just drop the money on the KC trouble free lube though.
    This thing is going to be my main tourney gun for the forseeable future. Awesome THank you Tom.
    "[T]he evidence also strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam could have invented what is claimed."

-United States District Court judge G.M. King,
    on Smart Parts' patent claim, August 23rd, 2004, page 16.

AO feedback

ebay feedback

im gettin a hyperframe for my classic and i was wonderin if the ult would really work since the reactivity would not be needed with the hyperframe. ive not gotten an honest answer yet. also i think it would cut down on battery use.
    DAMN THE MAN! SAVE THE EMPIRE!!!
    --------(S.P.)---------(AGD)
    classic "steel monstrosity"
    GWAR Slave #1501
    (UN)Official AO Prankster

Have you considered getting an x-valve instead of a hyper frame? You can trade in your classic valve and pay $225 and get the xvalve. It comes with a XL I personally think that upgrading from classic valve to x-valve is a better upgrade than going to a hyper frame. imho.

yeah

imho? actually, its not an opinion but a fact,,hahaha.. but seriously, you would get a Level 10 (absolutely necessary in all cases, its just too awesome to pass up, no joke) and a valve that would really enable you to fire just as fast as a HyperFrame...also...those frames fall apart eventually, and usually dont work that well..

I know electronics are the cutting edge of paintball technology right now, but you have to understand that we havent found a way to make them reliable yet...people only pretend that they are reliable...I see at least one electronic related problem each time I play, and Ive had my problems with my ricochet too. However, mechnical parts are almost invincible if you take care of them right, which basically just includes oiliing the right parts and keeping it clean.

Trust me, the Xvalve is not only worth more than a HyperFrame but it will definately give you much better results.

well its too late i already have it i just wanted to know if the ult would help.

Not really, The whole purpose of the ule is to lighten the trigger pull. Since with a hyper frame, your finger will no longer have a mechanical link to the on/off, it probably won't help at all. I would save up and shop for a retro, or x valve. Something that can recharge quicker so that you don't end up with any shoot down.

if i upgrade my classic rt with the ule+x-valve deal will i be able to use the ult trigger mod?