Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Badge Artwork for Shatnerball II Contest!!!

Badge Artwork for Shatnerball II Contest!!!

AO Artists!!

This is your chance to participate in the Shatner event Splatt Attack II! We are looking for artwork for the player badges. It's going to be a western theme and we are looking for stuff like a wanted poster or some kind of wild west theme.

The artwork needs to be 2.25 inches wide and 3.2 inches tall at 300 DPI. There needs to be 1/4" blank space at the bottom. We will select a winner by the end of the week. We would prefer Photoshop PSD files.

THE WINNER GETS A WARP OR AN INTELLIFRAME!!

Go for it guys, Shatner is counting on you!

AGD

Hey Jam...where you at homey?

-=Squid=- Guest
    I really wish that I could actually draw, and then scan a picture and send it to you. I always have great ideas that I could express detailed and clearly on a physical medium, but suck with photoshop. Im outo f luck again.

Describe your ideas here and let a graphics guru go from there! Who says we can't collaborate? You guys can sort out who gets the goodies later

We're talking shoot-out at the OK Corral; no-holds barred poker game for the celebrity commanders; "stagecoach" robberies for gold and loot; Indian guides and PAINTBALL!

Good luck!
    Diane "Mother" Howe
    Mackz Xtreme Sportz
    Nationwide Paintball Scenario Event Series

-=Squid=- Guest
    Well there lies the problem. Its to hard to describe what im thinking, exactly how I am thinking it. And I truthfully doubt somebody would make the image for me, and bypass there own chance at winning. Sadness.

where are some forward looking shots of TK? Is that .25'' in addition to the 3.2'' height? or 3.2 total?

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

Ok hold up, is this a badge for the "borg" or whatever team tom is going to be on or is it one for all players?

input!

This will be the commemorative event badge that all the players will be getting. One design for everyone. Total heighth is 3.2 inches, which includes the .25 inch blank spot at the bottom (for ref punches, player number, chrono punch numbers).
    Thanks!

oh ok, so it's going to just be printed on some paper and not like a sewn patch or anything crazy.

gotcha...i'll get crackin just as soon as my brother gets off my computer!

Kai Guest
    Are you looking for...

Hand drawn artwork, or photomanips?

Black and white/color?

Just a rectangular badge, or more unique shapes?

Regular rectangle, color art (or sepia tone might be cool, going with the Western theme), either hand-drawn or composite. The event name "William Shatner's SPPLAT Attack II" or some variation; EMR, Aug. 31, 2002. Whatever room you can delegate for text.
    Maybe a "Wanted" poster type design?

Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.

A basis of an idea

Ok, realise that my strength as a creative mind is in video editing and writing... Here's a quick stab at it. Actually, I HAVE a warp, and no mag yet, so I don't need an I-feed. Run with the idea if you want, or I can try desperately to clean it up. Hey! I'm making images using the 'brute force' method here! I'm happy it LOOKS kinda right.

**edit add** Looking at it now, I'd like to put a "gleam" in one of the points there. It would almost look better as a cartoonish drawing, rather than a photo manip like that, but like I said, this is a place to start. It's the first gut reaction idea I had when I saw this thread

-Tyger
    Last edited by Tyger; 08-05-2003 at 04:09 AM.

"Oh, you're wearing a tail and ears, you're a freak."
    "No social change has ever come about without freaks. Einstein was a freak. Ben Franklin was a freak. Martin Luther King was a freak. ...be proud to be included in those ranks."
    -2, The Ranting Gryphon

well its now 4 am, i figured i'd do a quick one so i didn't stamp tool the background very good, i'll fix it tomorrow.

found a cool pic of shatner in cowboy getup and quickly did a crappy "old film" filter on it. oh yea and i need more fonts.

it is now 5:40 am....can't sleep

here's another but with all the captains. if thats too hard to tell that its shatner i can get another picture.

was thinkin about putting REWARD down the sides next to the picture but figured it'd clutter it up too much. And was gonna put EMR Paintball, PA but forgot.

edit: after looking at it on this pc it seems i didn't add enough noise to tom's pic, and the colors are a little off...oh well fix it later

Here you go.

Heres mine....
    All your farm animals are belong to us.

I put sample on my pass art. So it cant be printed by someone that would want to sneak into the game. If I win please email me for the art that doesnt say sample or just email me for it.

Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.
    This is more what I was thining of, but again, I'm not an artist. Something simple, basic, and easy to read. Plus it'll shrink down well.

-Tyger

Re: Badge Artwork for Shatnerball II Contest!!!

Originally posted by AGD

The artwork needs to be 2.25 inches wide and 3.2 inches tall at 300 DPI. There needs to be 1/4" blank space at the bottom.
    AGD
    so this is a badge that will go on players jerseys?

My guess is this will be a laminated card that you could put on a lanyard. This seems to be the norm at Paintball events.

-=Squid=- Guest
    So can I or can I not draw it on a physical medium, and scan it as is?

Kai Guest
    Originally posted by -=Squid=-
    So can I or can I not draw it on a physical medium, and scan it as is?
    I think traditional mediums are fine. You would probally want to clean it up digitally, though.

Testing

First Try.

*Edit: Redid background didn't like the color*
    Last edited by Jet-Xino; 08-06-2003 at 03:20 AM.

I like...not sure how it will look on a 2"x3" card..but I like...

Shatner

I too had that concern (It may be too complex and unreadable when shrunk down ) hopefully not. Here is the same theme with just Shatner

*Edit: Redid background didn't like the color*
    Last edited by Jet-Xino; 08-06-2003 at 03:17 AM.

i gotta find my Adobe "cowboy" fonts...

Kai Guest
    Quick entry.

It's large.

Just a little bit of help but there was an episode of Star Trek that was a skit on Gunfight at the OK Corral...must be online versions of that around...no need to Photoshop a cowboys outfit then

off in the direction of non Paramount™ owned images:

slight tweakage: