Thread: Minnesota??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Minnesota??

Is there an AOMN?
    Anyone?
    minimag, Dallara body/rail, ULT, X-Valve, Lvl 10, Intelliframe, 12V revvy, JT speedpods, Freak Barrels

My Mini
    My j-spec Probe and my newest toy, '75 Corvette Stingray!!

It would probably have to involve cow-tipping as a pre-game ritual.

CNC Emag
    Featherlight Viking

well, it's easier then tractor tipping.

So can you go out behind the factory and get some refuse SPAM bunkers to use on the field? Anyone caught wiping has to eat a bunker...

In all seriousness, any decent fields in Austin/Mankato/Rochester? The cities have like 3.

you'll have to pardon my french but there aint shi t around Austin.

There is one field in Zumbro Falls, they usually host big tourney's there. There's a good one near New Ulm. That's where I played all year last year. Tommygun's paintwars. Someone is working on building a field just south of Austin. But that's still a year away prolly. The closest (timewise) is Pro Paintball in Lakeville...

I've played at SYO last year. But I havn't seen FSL. Is that one any good?

(btw, I stole the aomn from your sig if you were wondering.)

I think it was JAM who created all the state sigs.

Otherwise for rec ball, the Big Game at Painball Sams is nearing again, October 4-5 in Racine Wisconsin. Two days of bliss with hundreds of other players. There is like a 6-8 car caravan that makes the trip from the cities just from the group of guys/gals I play in.

Hay all you Paintbalers from the twin cities where do you play?? I have not seen too many mag people.
    I think there for, I am I think. am I?

FSL is the best indoor I've ever played. Just down the road is Diehard Paintball an outdoor field also an excellent field. Take a look at MNPig for websites and phone numbers.
    -Brad
    SevenTwentyVideo Extreme Media
    Chicago '04 is Done!
    Denver 04 is nearly done.
    Breakin' it down 720 style!

Wow, from being from Texas you sure know alot about MN paintball.

I've played at SYO, I have not been to FSL but I've seen pictures and I plan on going there this winter (which is the point of indoor fields...)

But I've only played at 2 other fields. Pro Paintball in Lakeville, good couse, owned/operated by Matt Ames, a student at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Also a member of the MSU Maverics (www.msupaintball) The President of the Mavericks is a good friend of mine, Aaron Giersdorf. A great front player (but he shoots a cocker). I've also played at Tommyguns Paint Wars near New Ulm. So my opinion on MN Paintball fields is kinda limited.

A lot of useless info that people don't really need to, or care to know, but I just thought I'de ramble on a bit.

LOL. Nice ramble indeed.
    As for Brad, SevenTwenty does good coverage all over, and I think Kilauwaukid(sp!?) is on the crew also and they just picked up a game together probably.

Anyone around here from close to Worthington? (Southwest corner of Minnesota)

Well, Austin is just about 200 Miles east of you!

are there any fields over there or do you have to go up 60 all the way to Mankato for the nearest one?

Yeah, there is a field here but it works kinda weird... it's not open every day, more like maybe twice a week. The guy runs a computer/paintball shop until 5:30 so then usually after that, if he's not busy, he'll head out and set up the netting to play.

It's kinda cool, a hyperball field and a spool field...
    www.cewgtn.com/paintball/league <- that's the website, under the gallery it's got some photos (albeit outdated) of the field.

The guy is pretty good about setting up the netting for people to play out there, not to mention the fact that 99% of the people are honest so we don't use refs either. Good field.

well i'm coming into this really late, but I am also from worthington, MN, same as ^^
    talk to me on aim - mattthebest30
    or msn messenger - mattthebest_30@hotmail.com

Hey guys - Anyone know of a good place to play indoors this winter? I'm going to want to try out my new gun in action when I get it

fsl is probably the best place for winter PB in minnesota, but sometimes it gets crowded in there in the winter
    WAS'ed angel speed

Yeah FSL is the only good choice unless you like playing frozen. Plus Dave is a stand up guy. Too bad Satan left. Friends are in a winter league for FSL too. Could probably arrange a fun walk-on day this winter if anyone was interested.
    Its a bit more of a drive now that I moved out of Mpls. to Faribault.
    I need to find more SE MN places too.

April 1?

Looks to be a pretty sloppy start to the season around these parts. With the snow melt and three days of rain in the forecast before Saturday, it's not looking good.
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

snowboarding season is done for sure.... here at least.

Just use an umbrella mounted to your hopper, it will be the next -- mod --
    http://www.theumbrellahat.com/?gclid...FQ-qJAodBTpCuw

mechanic79
    Last edited by Mechanic79; 03-31-2006 at 12:01 PM.

But they don't have any in digi-camo.

I'm not planning on getting out this weekend. Should be pretty sloppy wet and muddy jst about anywhere.

JR, yup I got it running nice. Looking around for a better cocker threaded barrel though. I think the Classic is going to get a pump kit installed after SPE. I'll definetly make the Hunt For The Cure and all the Splat Tag Big Games. Looking forward to seeing more of the MN AOers. I'm going to get more Mag time as well as all the pump games this year.

Sage, That is the nice thing about the Micros and the ULE bodies, cocker threads on the barrels make it really easy to find something that will suit your needs. I got one of those Apex Barrels that I've not been able to try out yet (got it to try it out, have heard good and bad things about it). I also have the Pipe and Edge Kits. I'm almost thinking that a good one piece would have met my needs really anyway.

Anyone getting out this weekend? It's 2:00 on Saturday afternoon and I can't seem to drive myself out to a field. Maybe tomorrow I will make it out to APPG in Jordan.