Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota??

I'm new to the mag forum
    Center of MInnesota
    Annandale Paintball is the field I frequent about 40 minute west of the twin cities

I've also been to FSL its alright but I really like the open outdoor fields when the weather permits

I was at Annendale's feild last Sunday, nice place. They have a Air compressor that will do 4500. Great staff, really helpful, like when your drive cone breaks on your Halo B.

Right now we should be talking about who is going to be at Splat Tag or who evers Giant Big Game on the 5th!
    Marker Set up:
    E-Mag_________DataPimp69 Quick Disconnect rail
    X-Valve________Rougeclamp feedneck
    Dynaflow 201___Evil pipe kit 14"
    Halo B _________Karta body, Aced
    Big thanks to Havoc_online and Tunaman for the help too. A+ Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Phobos
    I was at Annendale's feild last Sunday, nice place. They have a Air compressor that will do 4500. Great staff, really helpful, like when your drive cone breaks on your Halo B.

Right now we should be talking about who is going to be at Splat Tag or who evers Giant Big Game on the 5th!

Yup, Splat Tag's Giant Big Game on June 5. I will be there. Did anyone make it out there to their Pump Day on the 15th? Free Pump Days at SplatTag!
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

hey, im kinda new to paintball... i was just wonderin if there are any good places where i can BUY a gun in the area of st. paul. i have had bad experiences off online stuff in the past

Quote Originally Posted by pyroboy
    hey, im kinda new to paintball... i was just wonderin if there are any good places where i can BUY a gun in the area of st. paul. i have had bad experiences off online stuff in the past
    That would depend on what you seek in a paintball marker. There are three that are still on the AGD dealer directory that are relatively close:

ADVENTURE ZONE (BURNSVILLE)
    13700 NICOLLET AVE 651-683-1180 BURNSVILLE MN 55337 651-683-1920

SPLATBALL, INC.
    2412 UNIVERSITY AVENUE SE 612-378-0385 MINNEAPOLIS MN 55414 612-378-0441

SPLAT YOU'RE OUT PAINTBALL STORE
    10990 CENTRAL AVE NE 612-754-8620 BLAINE MN 55434 612-755-4786

I don't see St. Croix Paintball on the AGD Directory, they are in Hudson, WI.

My personal advice is to stay out of DICK'S or Sportmart or any of the Discount stores if you want something of decient quality.

We should set up a AO-MN day at North Side Sports in Ramsey. Some thing like the 3rd sunday in June.

I would be up for it. It would be nice to meet fellow AO'ers here in MN.

Nick

Primary: Blue to Black Fade C&C Xmag
    Secondary: Purple SFL Emag

June 5, Splat Tag in Hudson Wisconsin.

Giant Big Game, ~700 Players. Field Opens at 7:00, Briefing at 8:00, Game at 9:00. Check out:

www.splattag.com

or

www.giantgame.com

buy a gun from fsl, they have the best prices and support. and i would go to a AOMN day but couldnt till july due to my trip to europe
    WAS'ed angel speed

Mechanic79
    Whatever, I do what I want

I've played splat tag many times a few years back. and a couple of the big games. It's really great out there and Darrin and the Staff are great! I want to go for an open play again but will pass on the Big Game. Too big for me. I just heard an advertsiment on 93.7 today for splat tag. I'm glad Darrin, Splat Tag are doing so well. They are just what MN and WI need for promoting paintball.

You hoser. You were at the Giant Big Game playing right along side of me. We were rocking the field. You me and the Vin Man.
    Didnt know I read this stuff did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Plug
    Mechanic79
    Whatever, I do what I want

I've played splat tag many times a few years back. and a couple of the big games. It's really great out there and Darrin and the Staff are great! I want to go for an open play again but will pass on the Big Game. Too big for me. I just heard an advertsiment on 93.7 today for splat tag. I'm glad Darrin, Splat Tag are doing so well. They are just what MN and WI need for promoting paintball.

You hoser. You were at the Giant Big Game playing right along side of me. We were rocking the field. You me and the Vin Man.
    Didnt know I read this stuff did you?

I must say I was talked into going again this time. It was a lot more fun and organized than the last time I was out the Giant Big Game! I will definately attend another one in the future!

What did you think of the tank? I wasn't able to make it because of work. I usually hang out with some of those guys.

CNC Emag
    Featherlight Viking

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMiniMe
    What did you think of the tank? I wasn't able to make it because of work. I usually hang out with some of those guys.
    I saw the tank before the game started but never saw it out on the field. It looked pretty sweet otherwise, especially with the rotating turret.

Mechanic...............All I said was ,Why dont you play? Thats talking you into it? LOL

Salvage Yard Game Big Lake Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Plug
    Mechanic...............All I said was ,Why dont you play? Thats talking you into it? LOL
    of course, twist my arm!

Who's going to Salvage Yard Game in Big Lake this Sunday? It's only played 3-4 times per year and is like a mix of speedball and woodsball all at once. Usually gets a descent turn out.
    http://www.joespaintballplatoon.com

Mechanic79

The JunkYard is an experience. PaintBall like you have never played before. This is where I got really hooked!

OK, who stayed at the big game through the monsoon?? Was it just me, or were the teams a bit lop-sided? Depending on which team you played, you were either pinned at your insertion point, or you were pinning them at their insertion point. One team with a tank and they also had the player advantage? Hmmm...

Otherwise it was a pretty good day. I love mowing muppets in the woods.

Next game for me will be the special forces D-Day on the 25th. Who's playing Axis?

Myself and The Mechanic and all the FarmLand people. We will rule the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    of course, twist my arm!

Who's going to Salvage Yard Game in Big Lake this Sunday? It's only played 3-4 times per year and is like a mix of speedball and woodsball all at once. Usually gets a descent turn out.

Mechanic79
    I've had friends go and they loved it. Posted it on a local friends board to get a crew going. Is that an 11am start time?
    /hope to go

I've had friends go and they loved it. Posted it on a local friends board to get a crew going. Is that an 11am start time?
    /hope to go
    11 am Start at the salvage yard in Big Lake. show up a bit early to get gear ready!

A bunch of us are signed up for the June 25th Special Forces D-Day in the Panzer division.
    http://www.specialforcespaintball.com

jeez, i leave for a few months and this thread blows up!!!

awesome!!
    minimag, Dallara body/rail, ULT, X-Valve, Lvl 10, Intelliframe, 12V revvy, JT speedpods, Freak Barrels

My Mini
    My j-spec Probe and my newest toy, '75 Corvette Stingray!!

Quote Originally Posted by Splat
    jeez, i leave for a few months and this thread blows up!!!

awesome!!
    You're still alive?
    j/k

Missing Joe's (friends are going)
    But will be in with the MN Rebels and the tank for Special Forces. Hope I don't have to dig it out of the swamp...

Saturday, June 25

Anyone else heading out to Special Forces for the D-Day Game on Saturday?? I'm playing German Infantry...

http://www.specialforcespaintball.com/link2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    Anyone else heading out to Special Forces for the D-Day Game on Saturday?? I'm playing German Infantry...

http://www.specialforcespaintball.com/link2.htm
    I am in the German Panzer Division with Chem and Plug

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic79
    I am in the German Panzer Division with Chem and Plug
    I'll be hanging with the MN Rebels with the German panzer. Ung, they want us there butt arse early too. Should be fun covering flanks for the tank though.

Toting some AKA Excal/Viking firepower.

I'm looking at leaving the house by 6:00. I'm thinking about bringing my Fire&Ice grill and maybe making breakfast out there, definately will be making my own lunch... I've a few things to work out with another guy I'm going to head out with. But he's playing allies...

I will be shooting my ULE RT-PRO Custom and wearing the SpecialOps gear.

I will be in my customary white T Shirt.

Good game out at SF. Weather was decent for June. Too bad one of the Allied landing craft went down. Later in the day I rarely seen any Allies out of the landing beaches.

Good play and sportsmanship, fun day.

Good game out at SF. Weather was decent for June. Too bad one of the Allied landing craft went down. Later in the day I rarely seen any Allies out of the landing beaches.

Good play and sportsmanship, fun day.
    Is that why the score was 40-something to 14? Because ONE allied landing craft went down? What happened to those "cops" that were supposed to be allied airborn? It started out that they were supposed to be all great and feared. They got held at a stale mate the one time they made it across hell's pass to the bridge.

It was a good day to shoot Mags, although my RT-Pro developed some issues, good thing I had my X-Mag as a backup! Great werather, not too hot, but I think my mosquito bites have mosquito bites. I did have to light some dude up who went OB and wouldn't follow the ref's instructions. I didn't hear him call out, so I unloaded my entire hopper into the woods where we thought he was.

It was also good to meet some other AO'ers and all of "Corkey's Clan".
    Last edited by JRingold; 06-26-2005 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRingold
    What happened to those "cops" that were supposed to be allied airborn? It started out that they were supposed to be all great and feared.
    Great werather, not too hot, but I think my mosquito bites have mosquito bites...
    I didn't want to say anything at first. The Allied Airborne 'cops' never wrecked the havok they were supposed to. They might have taken a flag or two but never close to score times often enough. I don't think they linked up with a beach lander force either, unless they shot them themselves, I did hear Allies had some FF trouble. The Axis command was actually decent. The command post and field communication worked well together.

I'm still raw about the German Panzer absence. The field tank was running the night before I heard, then gameday was kerplunk. The MN Rebels were supposed to have a small group bring their tank in, their sponsor Splat Tag even had both owners playing at Special Forces and took the day off running ST.

Otherwise wore short sleeves and sweated anything off for repelling mosquitoes. So my arms are just one big raised bump with numerous scratches. Luckily my head was more or less unharmed.

Not bad for my last game of paintball for a few months. Can't wait for September/October when its nice to play again.