Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas,Texas to host AO X-ball day! come play like the pros!

Dallas,Texas to host AO X-ball day! come play like the pros!

Alright folks, you've been asking for it for long enough. Another Texas style AO day organized by Clare and myself. We've had them before in Ft. Worth, Austin(twice), Houston, and Dallas. Well, after making some good friends with the Dallas field, we were able to get something going that AO has never seen before. Our 6th Tx AO Meet...

Richard(Richard on AO too) who runs Fort Paintball is the main guy who is making this happen for us. He plays on Detroit Thunder, He and his brother Gerald(Okland Assassins) are going to give a us all a run-down on the rules and gameplay for those who dont know. This is the REAL DEAL, we'll be playing on an OFFICAL X-BALL KIT, COMPLETE WITH FIELD, NETTING, STANDS, and LIVE PA SYSTEM to be used by Richard and Gerald who will call out our games for us PLAY BY PLAY! (they also have all the DJ gear needed to get some music going between games )

goto www.Xballpaintball.com for rules,faq,info,etc.

Alright, this is how it's going to work. It wouldnt be a Texas style AO meet unless is were cheap or free right? We're planning on having a free tourny(double elimination, dont expect prizes cause hey - it's free right? Brag rights should be enough). Teams will be randomly drawn by picking AO names from a hat, this will make it fair for everyone. It'll be 5 man Xball, with a 8 man roster per team(no coaches except for the ppl in the stands ). 25min. games just like in the NXL.

We HIGHLY recommend that you bust out with all your spare guns, pods, masks, etc. You should have at LEAST 3 spare markers, 5 masks ,and 20 pods per team. Remember, theres only a 3minutes turnaround, so you've got to be good to go in under 3 minutes.

In the Last meet, we managed to attract AOers from FIVE different states, let's see how this on turns out .

FIELD INFO
    Yes, there will be other fields to go play on if you dont want to try Xball out or if you simply want to play something else. The field has covered staging areas, they also sale food and drinks. They rent out M98's for those of you without a marker or those taking someone without a marker . http://www.fortpaintball.com/ go check it out for the waivers and maps, etc.

our AO prices
    Our AO deal is $15 per person(fee/air/NO byop) normal is $20. They normally have Draxxus(mid bore) for $65 a case. However since they love us so much they are giving us a SWEET deal, $45 on your first case and $40 on your 2nd+ case after that!(they also carry inferno) DO NOT bring your own paint for this one, they are really stretching thier necks out for us, so lets show them that we know how to return favors. Richard tells me that we wont be needing as much paint as we think to Play Xball, so depending on how you shoot, 1-2 cases should be enough. In Order to make sure they have enough paint for us, you need to post how many cases you plan to buy, that info will be right next to your name on the going list.

HOTEL INFO
    Yeap, the field still has it's deal it had last year with THIS hotel, as long as you say your with "Fort Paintball" they give you a discount from 70 to 50 per room(a double).

Updated Hotel Info

Wellesley Inn & Suites
    2900 Dallas Parkway
    Plano TX 75093

Our Deal is with Cristina Nicholson for $55 a night(double). I believe the normal rate is $69.95. The hotel is extremely close to the other hotel. The rooms are suposedly very nice.

To reserve a room, you must call Cristina Nicholson A.S.A.P..1-972-378-7429

she runs the sales of two hotels, so try can catch her at this one.
    info she will need:
    Your name.
    Check-in date
    Check-out date
    and a credit card #

The credit card will not be charged until you get to the hotel, unless you want to pay with cash.

******AGD products for sale******
    There will also be an AGD booth with ALL the goodies for sale at event prices, Tax FREE! PM myself or Clare for pricing. We will be taking cash, Visa, or Mastercard ONLY.

Same old deal, refer to this post for the latest info, it will constantly be updated by myself and Clare. Don't forget the important things like - maps, chairs, masks for ppl who will be watching(non-Xball field play), signed waivers if your under 18, and barrel condoms. We'll have name tags for everyone aswell so the newcomers know whos who.

Post how many people you will be bringing and total paint needed. Let us know if you need a ride hopefully someone coming from your area will have room. Important - whomever your bringing MUST register on AO, that's how we're dividing teams, by drawing AO names, so no AO name, no team = no Xball.

We will DEFINITELY be making a music video of this meet.
    Here are the past vids thanks to Clare(right click, save as)
    Austin AO day I
    Dallas AO day I
    Austin AO day II

The day after threads.
    Austin AO day I
    Dallas AO day I
    Austin AO day II

As always at AO/AGD functions I will also be doing free repair/tuning work for anyone having trouble with thier AGD gear. If possible, send me your gear ahead of time so I can work on it before you or I play(I do plan to play so if you need work, it wont be until I'm done playing or have lots of time.) I WILL have a programmer and will be flashing boards. preferably friday or saturday night.

TEX-BALL DATE
    Feb. 20,21,22 Plan on getting into town Friday for pre-meet get-together fun, Saturday play and post-play-park-fun. Then Sunday rap-up play, non-tourny Xball play and post-meet food.

Ride Info
    gtrsi - Room for 2 coming from Houston

TeX-Ball Itinerary

Friday
    Meet @ 6pm in Harvey Hotel lobby

7pm - go eat at Jack Astor's Bar & Grill <-we need to know how many ppl are coming

afterwards - everyone over 21 can go hang out at Simon's(manike) place to make sure their Saturday game is sloppy.
    I will most likely be working on last minute fixes at the hotel, so whomever doesnt goto Simon's can hang with me. I will also more than likely have a few laptops and a router with me so there may be some LAN action

Saturday
    meet at field, team staging begins at 9am - Tourny begins at 10:30am

Afterplay - go take over the WhirlyBall Park <-we need to know how many ppl are going to come

Sunday
    meet at field, tourny continues @ 10am, afterwards - we mess around and play Xball how ever we'd like(teams, etc.)

Afterplay we vote on what we feel like eating
    Cheddar's
    Fuddrucker's
    Joe's Crab Shack
    Wings Of Glory

More Reasons to attend TeX-Ball
    -----------------------------------------------------------

****Clare is covering the event for PGI (Paintball Games International) so you have a chance to appear in one of the world's greatest paintball magazines!****

****Adam Shannon will be coming out to TeX-Ball with a small crew to film everything! A 2 disc DVD will be made of both on and off field action. He will also have a printer that can produce 13" x 19" posters from digital stills that will be available for purchase. Muzikman will also be out there taking pictures.

****PGI is providing 3 one-year subscriptions to raffle off at the meet

****TeX-Ball shirts are now available in
    the cafepress store

list of AO'ers going. ( **maybe's)(c =cases)
    Havoc_online 3c
    Capoeira 2c
    Miscue 2c
    Manike ?c
    Ascreennam3 ?c
    Marek 2c
    edweird 2c
    Digi_Gyrl 2c
    RajunCajun** 1c
    kenndogg** 3c
    Spraying Mango 2c
    MagOwnerzRule** 2c
    logamus 2c
    arowmic 5c
    Cryer 2c
    Scooter/Cootie 3c
    Chupas2 1c
    gtrsi 2c
    Daroach** ?c
    postitnote**
    Darkstorm ?c
    Kaiser Bob 3c
    Yudanja +1 4c
    Rather 2c
    845** ?c
    ICOM** ?c
    BradPalooza 2c
    Albinonewt 2c
    DyNasTy** ?c
    vf-xx 2c
    Impuls 2c
    Jon/xpm 1c
    rjvemt1 2c
    Load SM5 2c
    TaToRtOts** 3c
    Sir Chopsalot 2c
    datapimp69** 2c
    ebinnion15 +2** 6c
    Warped** 1c
    irs709** 1c
    LeF_11 2c
    CodeMA 2c
    Creative Mayhem 2c
    Draven-Crow 1c
    darwin 2c
    danielgleason** 3c
    ReTro Boy** 2c
    txag81** ?c
    savethebird** ?c
    allpowerfulguru** ?c
    wcb243** 2c
    LaW** 2c
    CoFFeY[NiTrO] 2c
    nate2k191 1c
    ttoad4000t** +1 4c
    MaChu** ?c
    The Hatetrain 2c
    myangelrocks** 4c
    pito189 ?c
    GA Devil** ?c
    8ball74** ?c
    SampsonFBC 2c
    brice34 3c
    SteelSoul +1 4c
    SPLASH1** 2c
    sarpadian** 2c
    sleepingbeauty 4c
    E.coli-burger 3c
    Reaver 3c
    Wckeep** ?c
    nicad 1c
    Dayspring 2c
    Adam Shannon
    Muzikman
    Aliens-8-MyDad +1 2c
    Crizo ?c
    pbmidget 2c
    phat john23 ?c
    Brownie** ?c
    Mok_Star 2c
    FlashTX 2c
    Chojin Man 2c
    Dragonphreak +1 4c
    evan123 1c
    fbplaya02 +1 1c
    lopxtc 2c
    dave40sw 2c
    Recon by fire** 2c
    RayU 1c
    magman05** 2c
    Sharpshootertpg** 2c
    Berean 2c
    wickyweir** 1c
    Enigma4you** +1 ?c
    GoatBoy 2c
    Mindflux 2c
    Evil Mangoo 1c
    Dave/XPM 1c
    HEYSTUPIDDAYVE 1c
    ratchit 2c
    Snakechit 2c
    GTakacs 2c
    Dark0re 1c
    Fuji 3c
    LdyZeBrA24** ?c
    aneil 2c

Tex-ball sig pic(it does follow sig rules), Thank Clare for the work.

or
    -------------------------------------------
    <
    a href="insert thread link here"><
    img src="insert sig link here"><
    /a>
    -------------------------------------------
    just connect the code.
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 02-14-2004 at 06:02 PM.

ill be there

sweet, but guys - plz remember to post how much paint you want to reserve.

CrazyLad Guest
    Im almost positive me and some of my other friends with mags will be able to go....but when is it?

EDIT: oh its not gonna be till march??? I can still probably go.
    Last edited by Miscue; 02-04-2004 at 11:46 PM.

Hopefully get a job soon, so yea, sign me up also. 2 cases also.
    "Yea, well, if wishes were horses, then we'd be all eating steak."

im from nyc but how far from houston is dallas cuz i have family in houston that i could stay at. let me know thanks cuz i think it would be fun to go to this big ao meet
    68/45k Flatline for sale
    Misc Parts for sale
    <--click for feedback FULL!

CrazyLad Guest
    Houston is really far from dallas. Too far to stay in houston.
    Last edited by Miscue; 01-16-2004 at 12:59 AM.

Intersting...... I would like to nail down a date... then I can find out if I -can- go or not. Work sucks like that sometimes for me :P

but if I do go... and dont get me wrong, I want to go! ... I can be good for atleast 2 cases

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

Feb is right around my birthday so this might work out sweet for me. Also havoc, the website to the field is: www.fortpaintball.com not sure if it has directions but thats their site. I might be able to drag down like 5 or 6 people probably. How do they do air refills and such since you don't have that long before you start again? I'll probably be there though...
    How many paintballs , stacked on end, would it take to get to the moon?

Bad Traders:
    Ken Thom aka gatotsu , milibanshu AOL: sex me now plz
    PbKiCkSaSs6

My Trader Feedback

Hmmm... This could be fun.

Put me down as a maybe.

ME TOO!!!!!! ME TOO!!!!! its only a 2 hour drive ... yeay!!!! I get to meet yall!!!!!

Mayhem bring ur dive gear.. we can swing into terrell at some point and get in a quick dive if u want to

a near neighbor from louisiana,

Also a maybe, a date would really help, also at least 1 case
    Dave

sounds good, I'm there. 3 cases.
    My trader feedback
    My trader feedback 2
    My trader feedback 3
    Rooster "But such is the mentallity of the Arab people. Which is why as long as there are Arabs, there will be a terrorist problem."
    ^^^ known AO racists

Originally posted by Tobe2be
    im from nyc but how far from houston is dallas cuz i have family in houston that i could stay at. let me know thanks cuz i think it would be fun to go to this big ao meet
    roughly 4 hours
    Black CnC Xmag Serial #XT00210

I don't know about you, but as for me and my house, we will serve the 'mag

Click Here to AIM Daroach...

wooooohooooo........ i will prolly come, if so........ 2 cases.....

That is SO far away, I have NO clue if Daroach and I will be there (though I'm sure he'll find a way to talk me into it since he's given up the sport).

Havoc - is it better for us to say we'll go and maybe have to cancel later or for us to say we won't go and maybe add ourselves later?
    "I am a woman. We don't always say what we want, but we do reserve the right to get pissed off when we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating, if not a little bit scary."
    -Sliding Doors

Talking

Definetly a possibility for me and maybe 1 or 2 of my friends. I can't commit until I get a date. September thru mid October (10/12-ish)is open game for now.

Edweird - Dude, we gotta get a game day together! I figure you plan on flying right?

This sounds like to much fun.
    Count my brother and I in.
    4 - 5 cases.
    TravisKuykendall

:Current Projects:
    body design

desktop wallpaper

I'll see what I could do....

Originally posted by Fuji
    Edweird - Dude, we gotta get a game day together! I figure you plan on flying right?
    Well it depends... I was talking with Miscue and Army about hooking up a roadtrip of chaos.

If that dont pan out then yeah I think I will fly... as driving alone for 15 hours sucks a big veiny one.

How much is a air ticket from NY long island to Texas

Air tick from NY Long Island to Dallas: 285 (round trip)
    Feild Fee: 15
    Paint: 45 first case 40 every case after that
    The Fun at TeXball: Priceless

That was goofy but oh well yay for TeXball
    Last edited by MagOwnerzRule; 09-03-2003 at 04:09 PM.

Originally posted by Daroach

roughly 4 hours
    That all depends on how fast you drive

I would like to attend but the dates of course will determine that plus we are about to close on our house, I expect fund sto be somewhat more limited afterwards I am in my mid-30's and purchasing my first house...I am so pathetic! But I own an X-Mag

AGD X-Mag #XT00187
    AGD Tac-One
    WGP 2003
    Marker Pics

Thumbs up

I will be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

EDIT- I usually end up using about 1 case, so mark me down for 1. If I can get my brother to come, then I'll get 2 cases.

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

I am DEFINETLY in! I cannot WAIT!

Oh, put me down for 2 cases!
    Last edited by Mango; 08-17-2003 at 09:27 PM.

CrazyLad Guest
    this goes to logamus.....

Aggies are so stupid. They acctually think UT cares about them. When we really hate OU! Stupid Aggies, Stupid Aggies!
    Last edited by Miscue; 01-16-2004 at 12:59 AM.

if you didnt care, why did you post?

stupid tea sippers.

actually, i will prolly be changing that in a day or two anyway. im in the habit of changing my sig pic every couple of days for some odd reason. i was just getting sick with all the orange on this thread so i figured i would add my own. glad you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Ascreennam3
    this goes to logamus.....

Aggies are so stupid. They acctually think UT cares about them. When we really hate OU! Stupid Aggies, Stupid Aggies!
    Calling him a stupid aggie when you can't even get the name of our school right?

It's The University of Texas.

Now while I don't care for the sig of logamus, you are right. God I hate OU.

Originally posted by logamus
    stupid tea sippers.
    Posted while I was posting. I've never understood this insult. It's lame. You guys should come up with some new material.