Thread: ?delrin bolt?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

?delrin bolt?

Ive been thinking about delrin bolts for mags.
    I know that Agd thought about a delrin super bolt
    but it never got off the ground dew to to much wear
    on the bolt.

I have 2 questions :

1. Is the wear on the proto delrin super bolt caused form the bolt spring or the bolt moving through the chamber.

2. Could there possibly be some sort of delrin insert that could be incorperated into the body of the mag that could reduce the wear on the bolt.

peace

I believe it was the wear from the sear.

Ummm, SuperboltII otherwise known as Lvl10.

AGD gave up on Delrin, don't think it's worth anybody's time to try again.

I dont

I have a design but i have no bolt to test it on.........
    RM #005
    Its so hot I could cook on it

I believe that shocktech alwready came out with a delron bolt for their version of the emag.

Originally posted by Kingman01
    I believe that shocktech already came out with a delron bolt for their version of the emag.
    Once again, super bolt 1. AGD gave up and developed the super bolt II. Otherwise known as lvl10.

Now, you could always try to make a lightweight bolt using the same principles as the lvl10 bolt but with a 'regular' non-lvl10 piston.

If it was wear from the sear coudn't you have that part of the bolt metal and the rest delrin?

I think the wear on the bolt was due to 3 things:

the spring was wearing the sides,

the support ring in the mag body can be too tight and may have been damaging some of them if the delrin had swelled (not like stainless where AGD can machine it and expect it to stay the same size)

the Entry to the barrel/breech area is traumatic if the barrel is not properly shaped, or it is off center or mis-aligned.

This can be caused by an over tightening of a couple things in the mag like a too long front screw in the grip frame.

-rob

TAG Factory