Quote Originally Posted by kcombs9
Got a new valve and with lvl 10 installed for my emag, Shoots great but I note's I was breaking paint, Yes its really cheap paint but I though id investigate the tuning of the lvl 10. Set up as follows, lightest spring (gold?) 2 shims 1 dot carrier.

The bolt didn't leak but was very loss with the one dot carrier so I though Ill slow it down some with the blank Carrier, stuck my squeegee down in the breach and tested the bolt. It hit it a bit hard so I tested it with my finger (Iv done it before) and it pinched me much harder then my old valve.

My last valve I had much success with red spring blank carrier and no shims. So I tried this same set up for this new valve.

Gun wont fire... I turn velocity up tell it stops turning and still wont fire, tank was low but still had over 1k psi even tried with single dot carrier and still won't fire.

Suggestions?
Always use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. If you need to slow down the bolt, do it with a heavier spring. Tightening the carrier will induce bolt stick, especially as you reach optimum sensitivity.

Make sure to remove the shims when tuning. They can give you a false leak when selecting carrier sizes. You can put them back in after you are finished but you probably will never need them anyway.

When testing your setup, make sure you hold the squeegie against the front of the bolt. If you hold it in front of the bolt and the bolt makes it past 1/4", it will hit hard.

Check your paint by dropping it down your barrel. It should push in with no effort at all. It should almost fall in. If it is tight, that is probably why you are breaking it.