Thread: Efficiency

$$$ Guest

Question Efficiency

Well two days ago I called AGD up and they told me an Xmag will get around 700 shots out of a 70/45. I forgot to ask them however, how many shots I will get out of a 68/45 AGD flatline? Can anyone please fill me in if AGD flatline tanks help at all as well? Lastly, I heard that Xmags get around +/-3 consistancy which isn't too impressive with all those new guns with stock regs, like the hyper2 on the dm4/5, that do +/-2. Can anyone that has owned both or maybe just an Xmag tell me how the consistancy is compared to another gun or something? Thanks a lot

You name it and I have probably owned it. My xmag gets +/- 0 or 1 or 2 so I don't really know what your talking about. As for efficiency I cannot recall the exact amount of shots a 68/45 will give you but I can say that the flatline will not be any different than any other high performance tank system. Just because AGD makes it doesnt mean it was made specifically for just the mag. Hope I was some help.

N.A.T.O.

P.S.- Welcome to AO!

Feel The Burn

[AO Feedback]

PBN Feedback

using a flatline, it will depend on how high the output is set, you will need it at 850 or higher, but the higher you go, the less air in the tank that can be effectively used. other than that, 68 and 70 ci are almost the same, so expect the same ammount of shots.

+/-3 compared to +/-2 isnt really that much difference, and the effects would be not noticeable between 2 markers with these consistancies.
    President Of the UW-Madison Badger Ballers

AO Feedback

1 of 35 SFL Emags VV02746
    Silver Karta/Logic RT Winner:GOTM Most Bling for December VV04971
    Sydarm SY00715
    Nelspot (under restoration)

At Shatnerball 2 I was using Wyn's 45/5k(filled to 4.5k) on my xmag and I was getting a little less than 700 shots. I am getting close to 900 with my 68/4.5k, I guess it depends on the conditions at the time(input, weather, star alignment..) who really knows.

I think the number quoted by the person at AGD is a little conservative.

I shoot around 5-6 140's plus a Halo with my 68/45 Flatline. (E-Mag w/ L10 not X-Valve)

Please correct my math if I'm wrong but that's 840-980 give or take.

I know for a fact that I'd get conciderably more than 700 out of a 70/45.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

yakitori Guest
    I think I get anywhere around 800 or more w/ my 68/4500 and my emax valved emag w/ lvl 10

Quote Originally Posted by mag/cocker lover
    using a flatline, it will depend on how high the output is set, you will need it at 850 or higher, but the higher you go, the less air in the tank that can be effectively used.
    That makes no sence what-so-ever. Efficiency wise, doesn't matter how high you set the output of the tank. The usable amount of air remains the same. You would notice a drop in reactivity if you have it set high though.

(ie: set high you might notice reactivity drop as the tank goes below the initial set point. Set low, there would be fewer shots between the tank dropping below the set point and then running out of useable air.)

Quote Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast
    That makes no sence what-so-ever. Efficiency wise, doesn't matter how high you set the output of the tank. The usable amount of air remains the same. You would notice a drop in reactivity if you have it set high though.
    what he means is, a mag runs off of high pressure so it will stop shooting around 600 psi. an lp marker will stop shooting when the tank is almost fully drained.
    xvalve, ule body, logic vert frame, WWA barrel
    68/30 PE nitro tank
    cp unimount
    halo B

Quote Originally Posted by slade
    what he means is, a mag runs off of high pressure so it will stop shooting around 600 psi. an lp marker will stop shooting when the tank is almost fully drained.
    I think mag/cocker needs to explain. That's not how I read the post.

I think Manike once said he was running his Xmag at something barely about 600psi input.

Raising the input will only affect reactivity (and recharge rate), not efficiency.

$$$ Guest
    So wait. Should the emags the couple people were talking about that posted more or less efficient then a xmag?

Quote Originally Posted by $$$
    So wait. Should the emags the couple people were talking about that posted more or less efficient then a xmag?
    It's EXACTLY the same marker. RT, Emag, Xvalve, Xmag, TAC-One. All the same valve and mechanism. Only the bodies and sear activation change.

$$$ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast
    It's EXACTLY the same marker. RT, Emag, Xvalve, Xmag, TAC-One. All the same valve and mechanism. Only the bodies and sear activation change.
    rgr that. thanks a lot mang