Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large anodizing run

As a fellow anodizer, I suggest you start small, and not with a large bulk order.

There is too much risk involved for your first run to be a huge one. You will make your money back eventually, but there is no need to rush it. If something goes wrong, you will be out much more than your initial investment.
    Remember,

Great business decisions make great businesses.

Best of luck to you.

PM Me if you have any questions.

Is it possible for you to give us an idea of what color blue you are doing? Could we see a color sample?

I want food... Can you email me a cookie?
    I would love to get in on this, if Blue Prevails....

i'd be intersted in 2 spots for black. does the take apart have to include taking the c clip out of bodies?

I've a few parts I'd want in dust black as well, most likely a trigger frame, trigger, part of an automag valve (back half of the reg, diamond labs), and a midblocked cocker body.

Quote Originally Posted by gunangel
    i'd be intersted in 2 spots for black. does the take apart have to include taking the c clip out of bodies?
    Yep, you would have to remove the clip, I am looking for the parts to arrive ready to go, the old anodizing does not need to be stripped but I don't want to get in to taking something apart that I've never owned before and finding out there's some random piece of steel or something in it.

Alright guys we have an itinerary for the run coming up, check it out and plan accordingly!

Wednesday, Dec. 30th - We will start accepting orders and will be responding ASAP with official quotes with a final price on the order
    Monday/Tuesday, January 4/5th - Pictures are going to be with samples of polished and dust versions of each color
    Wednesday, January 6th - We are looking to have everyone ship their stuff out so it arrive the following Monday for us to start pumping out the parts!

Looking forwards to seeing the results. I will be anxious to see what colors will be available in the future. I have a certain project I want accomplished.

im interested in having a run of dust black parts done.... i have parts from multiple diff guns i wanna get done.... so can it be up to 10 parts total or does it hafta be 1 complete gun

Quote Originally Posted by motorpsycho
    im interested in having a run of dust black parts done.... i have parts from multiple diff guns i wanna get done.... so can it be up to 10 parts total or does it hafta be 1 complete gun
    Either or, and if you got more than 10 parts then do worry about it, I am going work out a pricing sheet so people can figure out exactly what they'll need.

Alright guys, today is the day for getting quotes! Please send me an EMAIL ONLY to dowens504 at gmail dawt com (My email doesn't get any spam, so I'm gunna try to keep it that way).

In regards to barrels, we can do two piece barrels, we will plug the back and the tip is not as big of an issue as far as bore size. I'd prefer not to do one pieces until we figure out a good way to plug it up and block the porting up as well, but if you don't care then we can do it.

I've also worked out a pricing scheme so you guys can figure out exactly what you will be paying for.

Parts - $5 for each part
    Bead blasting for dust finish - add $5
    Polished parts - add $10 (if you are doing both, it will $10, not $15)
    One complete gun - $50 + $5/10 for the finish you choose, you can mix parts from one gun and another (so a body from one gun, a frame from another, etc but if you try to get crafty with this it'll be $5 a part)
    Minimum of $20 per order

When you send me an email what I am looking for is:

- A break down of what parts you want done, and if you are mixing and matching which finish you want on each part
    - At least your zip code, so I can do a rough estimate on shipping, and include what you want for shipping insurance, I am including tracking no exceptions
    - Any questions/special notices you may have

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    Is it possible for you to give us an idea of what color blue you are doing? Could we see a color sample?
    ???

Sorry, I thought I responded to that on here, maybe that was on MCarter, anyway we are going to be getting samples pieces of aluminum done in each color dust and gloss so people can see what they are getting before they ship out their stuff, we haven't received a few things that we need to make a sample yet.

Wanted to give everyone an update. We got all our hardware in, but I've been swamped between working and interviewing for a new job. I am going to start a new thread once we have our samples up for what people would be getting and after we take care of some work for some people locally. The prices will be the same, I misjudged how much time we would need to get this off the ground, but when we do I'm sure everyone will be happy

I appreciate everyones interest so far, we just need more time to take care of things and we will be back in business.

I emailed you about getting 10 pieces done in dust black. The marker is currently painted. Is that a problem? Thanks

so when can we ship our parts out ive got mine boxed up and ready to go.

You can go ahead and unbox it for now, it is going to be about a week and a half/2 weeks before we start a new thread to start a new ordering, I'll contact everyone that has sent me quote requests so far to see if they are still interested, and any new comers will be able to make their requests when the new thread comes.

Do you have a website?

Do you offer a moneyback if you destroy the marker?

How much experience do you have?

Pm me when your ready

I have 4 parts that need to be done in gloss black

oh darn missed the quote deadline. i would like to take advantage of this as well. will you be offering the c-clip removal for mag bodies as well?

any updates on when this might happen?

Hey guys, sorry I though this drifted off in to the void, haven't really checked in this part of the forum in a while.

Anyway I wanted to update you guys on what ended up happening. My friend and I had changes in our work schedules and there isn't really any time for us to get together at the same time and to actually get a meaningful amount of work accomplished. Because of that, there isn't any way would be able to get bulk orders done in a reasonable period of time.

I have a good feeling that I'll be picking up a full time engineering job soon, which means I will be able to move in to a new place with a garage/basement for me to work out of. When this happens I will be paying my friend his share of the investment of the equipment, and I will start with anodizing the sample pieces and my guns. After that I will post up pictures of everything, and I will take on individual guns and maybe someone with a large number of parts that they have on their own rather than having to group together a million people parts and then try to sort them out afterwards.

I apologize that I will not be able to take this on at this point, but when you get a chance at a reliable work in this job market you need to take it and make sure you keep it. I hope you guys understand, and I appreciate your interest. If you wanna throw some flak at me go all out, my feelings won't be hurt.

- Dave

Good luck on the job market. I think most of us know what that is like. Thanks for the Update!!