Thread: Lord and Saviour ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You really want to start quoting stuff out of the bible?

The bible also states tattoos are a sin.
    Leviticus 19:28

Women should cover their heads.
    Corinthians 11:6

And cutting your hair is also bad
    Leviticus 19:27

I guess we're all going to hell

Quote Originally Posted by Ando

There is an argument that Christ's command replaced the entirety of the Mosaic law. Its an interesting discussion.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    There is an argument that Christ's command replaced the entirety of the Mosaic law. Its an interesting discussion.
    So the 10 commandments are out the window? What of the commands to Noah and Abraham?

If I remember my bible studies in church. I'm pretty sure (100%) Christ followed Mosaic Law? Was his fathers teachings too old school for him?

I sat through a sermon about a month ago when I went to church in my wives home town. The preacher actually talked about this very same thing and went on to quote...

God gives law to humans living in every age. He gave commands to the first humans living in the sinless environment of the Garden of Eden (Gen. 1:26-30; 2:15-17). He gave commands to Noah (Gen. 6-9). He gave commands to Abraham (Gen. 12:1; 17:10-14). He gave commands to the Israelites—known as the Mosaic Law—after delivering them from their bondage in Egypt (Ex. 20 - Deut. 34). He has given commands to Christians (Rom. 1-Rev. 3). These biblical distinctions are important, for though all Scripture is written for the benefit of the Christian, only some portions of it speak specifically to him and command his walk with the Lord. Just as the Christian would not try to obey the commands God gave to Adam in Genesis 1-2, or the commands God gave to Noah in Genesis 6-9, so he should not try to obey the commands God gave to Israel in Exodus through Deuteronomy. Romans chapter 1 through Revelation chapter 3 marks the specific body of Scripture that directs the Christian life both regarding specific commands and divine principles.
    ...so, depending on the times, the church in a nutshell rewrites and teaches on to it's flock what it now wants people to believe.

I think a new chapter is well over due for our time you think
    Last edited by Ando; 12-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.

if gods laws changed in the bible, then how are they a solid basis for morality now? how do we know they haven't changed again?

The Last Word

There is a group of people that live the Word today.
    The women never cut their hair, they dont wear mens garments (pants).
    The men look like men, they keep groomed with short hair, and dont wear shorts.
    You probably see some of these Believers once in a while in the grocery store.
    They follow the Word, and they know that in itself brings ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    if gods laws changed in the bible, then how are they a solid basis for morality now? how do we know they haven't changed again?
    The laws were magnified by Jesus, not nullified.
    The law said , dont commit adultery.
    Jesus said, if you look on a woman with lust, you will be judged for committing adultery.

But your questions were dishonest, in that you really dont care what the answers are, only that you can ridicule more.
    People believe what they have faith to believe in.
    Ridiculers will ridicule no matter what.

MATTHEW 7:6
    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

If I remember my bible studies in church. I'm pretty sure (100%) Christ followed Mosaic Law? Was his fathers teachings too old school for him?:
    Christ was a faith healer - actually a pretty common profession of the time. He healed on the Sabbath and his followers picked grain from the fields to eat, also on the Sabbath and against the law as they were held by the scribes and the pharisees of the time as Mosaic law.

Which of the commandments of God are you able to break while following Christ's command to love your neighbor as yourself? Maybe ones regarding God but remember Christ was talking to the Jewish people at the time.

Christ illustrated through his life that following of the law alone was not the path to joining God. His main issue with religion seemed to be, to me at least, that the teachers had complicated it and made it about things other than a relationship with God - be it tithing, number of steps on the Sabbath, whatever.