Thread: Need some feedback on what kind of frame you would like to see me manufacture.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    Just thought id throw this out there, what about doing a trigger that is in between a single trigger and double trigger. Any thoughts?
    The problem in my mind would be that a grip frame in general is designed for 4 fingers, if the trigger is not single or double but somewhere in between then it may be awkward to handle.

Do you have more process work to do Luke before you can start production? I assume you are going to knock out a single trigger version at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    The problem in my mind would be that a grip frame in general is designed for 4 fingers, if the trigger is not single or double but somewhere in between then it may be awkward to handle.
    Dye did some cocker frames that were 1.5 finger triggers. Granted they were 45 style frames.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79
    Dye did some cocker frames that were 1.5 finger triggers. Granted they were 45 style frames.
    I guess I'm not real keen on adding another style frame. Perhaps a 1.5 trigger to fit the double trigger frames, but that would be about it.

I do have plans on one more frame design but it will be made to all new specifications and will not be designed to use other vender’s parts. Plus it will be an ep-pneu only frame and will not work in mech mode.

That is a ways out and is mostly a figment of my imagination at this point. I do have a design started but now that these two frames are going to be made I can start from a new slate and do exactly what I want without designing around the AGD platform.

This could be as much as a year out so I can’t field questions on it yet, its way to early. I want to do some smaller projects after these frames are done such as snatch grips, wedges, new emag switches. Plus I have several personal non paintball projects I really need to get done.

OK, so I've finished the single trigger frame cad including a new trigger to my liking. Everything is the same except for the trigger guard.

I've sourced my stock to make these from a new vender, but must dive across the state to pick it up, so that will take a day.

I still need to finish the last operation on the prototype, but I'm waiting for another tool order to come in to finish it. (Forgot to order this stuff the first time around )

So we are making progress and getting closer. All this is the hard part, once we go to production it will go quick.

I think I’m going to do a limited number of both frames on the first run so I can gather some feedback before jumping in to deep.

is there a range for price on this.

since the way it looks we will have to do some modding on this prame if we want to do anything but Mechanical?

or am i wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    is there a range for price on this.
    I not to a point to price these yet, sorry.

since the way it looks we will have to do some modding on this prame if we want to do anything but Mechanical? or am i wrong here?
    This is a tinkerer’s frame so that's exactly right, but that was my intention from the start.

This is setup is designed for easy mounting a MPA3 without mods, there should be plenty of room to mount a 90* air fitting on the back factory tapped hole on the MPA3. The mounting plate gives you a base to set up an EP actuated frame or a pneumag using a MSV2 or an SMAV3.

In time I will develop mods for all different builds, but for now I don’t have time for R&D.

I think I’m going to do a limited number of both frames on the first run so I can gather some feedback before jumping in to deep.
    are these going to be stamped with the new 'logo' you mentioned before? cant wait to see the single trigger version

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819
    are these going to be stamped with the new 'logo' you mentioned before? cant wait to see the single trigger version
    Yes the frames will come my new trade mark.
    It can be seen in this thread.

Yes the frames will come my new trade mark.
    It can be seen in this thread.
    Your initials on that piece of metal next to the pliers?

I am ready for a new mag project.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE
    Your initials on that piece of metal next to the pliers?
    yeah i saw that too.
    thought it would have more to it.
    but i guess simple is good.

Can't wait......Want to put a set of the single on my pump

Would I be able to get the grip panels done with the AGD Logo (lion) like the ones you do for the 45?