Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
The ball takes about 3.5ms to exit the barrel. At 14ms you would need a really long control bore.

The gas you use to push back the bolt when the chamber is empty would be less than the gas lost using a spring that acted as a regulator choking off the air flow, even a light spring. You could use a light spring that wouldn't be a problem, but then you would not have any real return force to work with and the bolt action would be slow resetting.
Sorry, as for the MOI I forgot a decimal point, the correct number is 1.4ms, keep in mind this is for the control bore in a boring kit, not the complete barrel.

The reason I don't like the rammer is the same reason I don't really like cockers. As soon as you need that rammer you need a 3 way valve as opposed to the current 2 way, then to maintain efficiency, you would want to use an LPR. More complications. And don't forget the rammer itself. Remember the beauty of the automag is its simplicity. I am trying to improve the gun in terms of function as well as simplicity. Adding all that stuff defeats the purpose of the automag.

REMEMBER this is to be an improvement over the current x valve, not the absolute limit of what the automag can be pushed to do. It also needs to be relatively cheap (around $300) and producable. Adding absolutely everything makes that nearly impossible.

Keep the suggestions coming, just keep the whole cost thing in mind when you mention things, Im not trying to make a $1000 valve.