Thread: New ULE Bodies? How'd we all miss this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    here is a youtube video of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d2zpZ3gxI

Read through the comments there, they answer some feedneck and other related questions there.
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ll-helios.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    All I can say is those feednecks remind me of the terrible plastic rings on the old USI Raider, which makes me wonder if there's an ugly weld hiding underneath.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHPBwoman View Post
    There is a sleeve that covers up a welding point.
    Called it.

Unnaceptable on a Phantom clone in 1992, unacceptable today.

And I have to add, CCM threads, really?

If you're screwing in to something, Angel seems to be the most common thread pattern in the industry. Anything other than a clamp-on feedneck seems a step backwards.

Last edited by TyeStick; 12-14-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Question

Looks just about like an AGD ULE body except for the stovepipe feedneck.

So whats the advantage (reason anyone would buy) of their product over the AGD ULE body ?

To raise the hopper 2.5 inches above the marker ?

Maybe its half the price, that would be an advantage, poor mans ULE ?

Thanks for posting the video, lets us know they dont even own a mag to test their product on.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Looks just about like an AGD ULE body except for the stovepipe feedneck.

So whats the advantage (reason anyone would buy) of their product over the AGD ULE body ?

To raise the hopper 2.5 inches above the marker ?

Maybe its half the price, that would be an advantage, poor mans ULE ?

Thanks for posting the video, lets us know they dont even own a mag to test their product on.

Everything is cocker threaded. That's a small plus if you think about options in detents and feednecks.

i am working on something about the feednecks, so i can take care of the feednecks. that's all i can say right now other than it maintains the angel threads, so its a retrofit for older guns and available for newer.

there is nothing about the bodies on their website, a little disconcerting, with just the "press releases" on MCB. i don't know. i love the fact that someone is seeing that the mag community is still alive and wanting to make parts, but why just there on MCB?

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    And I have to add, CCM threads, really?

If you're screwing in to something, Angel seems to be the most common thread pattern in the industry. Anything other than a clamp-on feedneck seems a step backwards.
    Both these companies are near one another, if I was to guess I bet they have some type of working relationship. It seems that all these companies cross mingle a lot in Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Steve View Post
    here is a youtube video of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d2zpZ3gxI
    that new body shoots ropes!

OH! Come on? since when has a body ever effected rate of fire? I could force feed a classic stick right body and shoot 30 bps. I don't want to spend that much time re-loading everything. A body alines the valve and barrel together,if you want one buy it . If you want to nit pick Don't! Buy it, Build it, shoot it. Then gripe! I have a classic RT that suffers from pre-mature ejaculation and projectile vomiting. ie, when I air it it shoots when I shoot it it won't stop. It's a on/off pin issue(I think) I'm not that worried about it. I'll fix it when I can,or want to. The body is not the issue. Gearhead has offered us this product, I'm going to get one after the new year and play around with it. I may even rip the feed off and throw a stock class Phantom feed to it, then put my X-valve behind it. 20 bps, reload each 1/2 sec. Ye Ha so fun, no wonder I play mostly pump anymore. BTW when was the last time anyone offered a new Mag part? GH is trying. Lets help. next might be an Alum. classic valve. Wouldn't that be cool or they might turn their hand at a Alum. Sydarm body and shave ten pounds of a Sydarm. Or they might re-vamp the field strip screw! He... I drilled and tapped a AM/MM rail to take RT sight rail and forgrip mount, Why not?
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

I think the new body with a detent and a clamping feedneck is just about 112$, a ule is 140$ I think new without a clamping feedneck. I just may grab one up after the first of the year.A company comming out with new parts for mags is sweeet.(in Darth Vader voice)DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A MAG.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    OH! Come on? since when has a body ever effected rate of fire?
    some mm2k9 bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    some mm2k9 bodies.
    Am I the only one that got one that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Nope. Mine works fine. The problem is you only hear about the ones that had issues. There were 200 or so bodies made and think I have heard about issues with maybe 5-10. So automatically that means most of them were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Nope. Mine works fine. The problem is you only hear about the ones that had issues. There were 200 or so bodies made and think I have heard about issues with maybe 5-10. So automatically that means most of them were bad.
    sadly this a true statement.
    bad threads take off.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I have news for you, all of them have issues. Some of them just work better than others, some not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    mine works great.

I was thinking... Could the plastic piece be replaced with carbon fiber or aluminum?

After shooting Phantoms for years, with lots of abuse, if these bodies are coming from Mike Casady's shop I would not doubt their durability.

I don't see why you couldn't get a carbon cap made, but it'd be pricey. Same with aluminum.

Personally I like the minimalism of the design, but, I wouldn't swap one out over a ULE.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Just got mine in. Looks great. Black on black makes in next to impossible to notice the plastic unless you're looking for it. Props to Gearhead on both the quick turn time and the packaging. The later being a big plus considering how I've been receiving paintball items lately. I'll post picks when I get it on a marker.