Thread: older carter comp with 12g drop out/w 12g to CA adapter

older carter comp with 12g drop out/w 12g to CA adapter

The marker is in good shape with some paint chips, should i repaint it or is it worth more untouched. The previous owner put S&W 45 wood grip panels on it which I sanded and oiled to fit the grip. I will post pictures later today or tomorrow.

Thanks

If you want to get money out of it, leave it original. If the gun is a mess with pitted paint, corrosion etc. Then refinish it to makeit look better.

Like any weapon, knife, whatever; if you don't know how to do it right, you will mess it up and its always going to be worth more original in Its present condition. People that want it, want to see the age, see the years on it. At most just getting it up to shooting condition is more than enough to get someone interested in it.

thanks

Ok, ill just thanks for the input. Its not corroded just some scuffs around on the paint. I'm quite good at refinishing, but if its not needed, then I'd rather save the effort. The gun has and still shoots great. Thanks for the input, I'll reassemble it and get it posted later. Is 300 too pricey?

Mogli

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    If you want to get money out of it, leave it original. If the gun is a mess with pitted paint, corrosion etc. Then refinish it to makeit look better.

Like any weapon, knife, whatever; if you don't know how to do it right, you will mess it up and its always going to be worth more original in Its present condition. People that want it, want to see the age, see the years on it. At most just getting it up to shooting condition is more than enough to get someone interested in it.