Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Paintball Field review "Gold Dragon PB" in Upstate South Carolina

New Paintball FIeld review "Gold Dragon PB" in Upstate South Carolina

Ok I went out there yesterday and today to look this over. My son Caleb and our other AO friend Lance (aka ccaleb and SPOOKI) are head reffing there and they opened today. So I got some picts of this realy nice facility still in the makings. But as you will see this thing is first class. The fields are very technical and some unique ideas.

Main reason for review is this is looking like the host field for the AO meet in Clemson SC this November!

And you will also see a keen sense of detail in everything from the cover and shade provided the players to the crono station. Why there was even water squirt bottles and paper towels provided on each table for the players! A real nice touch.

Some structures are temp set up until the permanent structure can be built. Note that in the rental, fill and snack area. But even the temp stuff is nicer that most. Not the crono station and the unique "charge the hill" field. They right now have a three man, five man, Top Gun field, this scenario hill challenge field and a real clean nice woods field. And some of the nicest player staging areas I have seen.

The Owners are some of the nicest folks and of course the Refs are good!

Gold Dragon Paintball is located in Central SC (realy Norris) at 586 Robinson Bridge Rd. (864) 639-4066

Also can reach them through email at: golddragonpaint@earthlink.net

There home page is: http://home.earthlink.net/~golddragonpaint

Now some picts!!!! (remember temp structures will be finished and perhaps a Sup Air will be here by then
    Last edited by cphilip; 08-03-2002 at 02:22 PM.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

OK the player area I was braggin about:

Now the three man...

Five man...

Hill Challenge field (net not up yet)

Wow! Great looking place. We can only play in the green vegetation in the spring. Even before summer hits, everything is all dead and brown.

Too bad the uncaring (no personal ethics) attitude of far too many players will have it trashed soon.

Fill Area, consessions, rental (remember this is temporary structure but nice huh?)

Crono Stand area:

One last shot of the player staging area taken looking back from Crono stand and towords the "office - fill area".

AND NO IT WILL NOT BE TRASHED!!!!! Plenty of tash cans and people monitoring.

This is the host site for AO meet South Carolina in November it appears!!!!!
    Last edited by cphilip; 08-03-2002 at 02:17 PM.

One of the woods!!!

yes they have rentals!!! (one of owners trying to hide...)

SO IS THIS THE AO MEET SITE FOR SOUTH CAROLINA???? WHAT SAY YOU?

Thumbs up Woot!

WAY COOL! Thats all I have to say!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

TC venum paint rules...sorry just had to add that in...that hill feild looks awsome i wouldnt mind playing on that.
    Rockin' the Cocker.

Great Traders List: Dern

Looks good to me....

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Nice place...

I really.... really, really... really want to try that Hill Challange Field.

I wonder why we can't have fields like that over in Southern California.

*looks under seat covers for change*

How much is a flight to S. Carolina?

Looks cool. Never seen a field like the hill challenge before and it sounds like it would be fun to play on!
    Good Traders: TheSneakyPengui,spacemanspiff, Load SM5, lilpaintballer, PaInTbALL zAcH, mxkop.
    Bad Traders: None yet!

Paintball is just tag at 300fps!

Wink Hill Challenge indeed...

Hey Fellow AO members! As Uncle Phil said, This new field is awesome. And for those of you who want to partake of the hill??? You just give us a week. By Saturday (8-10-02) it should be all finished. Ever read about the beaches of Normandy? Welcome to the war baby. This thing is gonna BLOW YOUR MIND!!! You oughta come give it a shot...

-Lance
    "You were thinking about it weren't you??? I THOUGHT I smelled something burning..."

Great to hear Lance! Do you see anything I missed? And also you and Rob please link this over at some of the other sites. I posted it over at Kingman already.

personman Guest
    Oh my god...
    Begging sequence activates in 5 seconds.
    I WILL SO BE THERE EVEN IF I GET HOARSE FROM BEGGING!

well there is a local guy who can some up anytime. Atlanta is real close this is not far off 85 and just after you leave Georgia and enter SC.

Up for the day! Caleb and I are now leaving out for IAO!!!

personman Guest
    By the way I asked my mom and told her where it was and how long it would take to get there and she said it doesnt sound too bad but she isnt promising anything :/
    Hehe thanks IRB for the barrel, It kind of gave my mom a nicer eye on AO she noticed that I gave a pf plug to dansim and irbodden gave me the barrel and she said wow it seems like there are some nice people on that site (or something like that lol) oh well, I'll keep asking..
    Is that player area big enough?
    Hopefully by the time the AO Day is I'll have a diffrent tank and a new mask (if you guys would just offer stuff )

Well maybe she will bring you up for the AO day!!!

Getting interesting for the AO day. Even Army is thinking about coming all the way over from California and bringing Sarah along too!!!! Would that be cool or what!!!!

Well.. I just got around to reading this thread.

Nice looking place. No doubt. Thanks for showing us!

What kind of makes me wonder though, is why MORE places are not as nice. I know Adventure Games (no offense to this field because it IS a great field and setup) is much larger than that, has a much larger crono / target range, several even larger “player areas” (covered and uncovered), BBQ’s, Concessions, at least 10 different fields, and more (they have even expanded from what you can see from their site.. those photo’s are 4 years old).

Again, this is NO slam on this WONDERFUL field shown by Phil. It is actually a compliment. I just don’t understand why anyone would settle for LESS. Oh, I know…. They want only cheap fields with cheap (or BYOP) paint, cheap fills, etc. Well… some of us like just a bit more than that. When I want “cheap”, I play in my OWN property (or that of friends)… when I want to go out and play with other folks and enjoy the “bigger picture” of paintball, I prefer the place to be nice. And sometimes that means you have to PAY for it.

I wish more people felt like I did…..

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Well these guys expect to expand things Sam but only after they start drawing a crowd. Since they are new this will take some time. But the early crowds are very impressed and bringing their buddies back. Thats the effect it has and that is good business.

But your right. And I have to think the general feeling that players will trash it up has something to do with that. But with proper police action this can be avoided. And I surely think going into it with a negative attitude that "why do it if they are going to trash it" is wrong. I think that is the attitude prevalent here that I am hearing. I do not think it has to be that way at all and your only inviting that if its trashy to begin with. So your right it's a image thing. This field has an initial image of neatness. I think that pshycologicaly will promote neatness. And if it doesn't...ask them to leave! Simple.

Oh and these guys prices are actualy quite reasonable. Field fee is $10. All day air is $10 and paint is good quality for $60 a case I think. Those are south east prices and very competitive. Its not cheap paint either. Their field paint is good quality.

I think it has to do with capital expenditure. Many fields are cheaply thrown up by people not willing or capable of backing it up. This one seems to have people running it who know how to back it up and can. For that reason they will succeed.
    Last edited by cphilip; 08-07-2002 at 08:46 AM.

That is GREAT to hear Phil... and the more fields like these that get built and maintained, the better image the public will have of the sport as well.

Exclamation *UPDATE*

To all those hill challenge lovers out there, have I got some news for you!!! After careful deliberation, the refs, owners, and players of Gold Dragon Paintball have come up with an awesome idea for the hill. Interest peaked??? Well, I can't ruin the surprise, you'll just have to come check it out for yourself. With any luck it will be finished within a couple of weeks. Sorry about the wait, but BELIEVE ME it's gonna be well worth the wait. ;-) In anycase, come out and see our other fields, I guarantee you won't be dissappointed.

-Lance

personman Guest
    Haha I already have plans for when I get there (if I end up going) IM GOING TO HAVE TALON ROUNDS!! Im gonna get my Talon out and play a couple rounds with it..

Nice looking place. It should be great for the AO meet