42. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT!

27 64.29%
  • HATE IT!

7 16.67%
  • meh... PIE

8 19.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do believe... WE HAVE A JERSEY!

That fact that I listened is a big thing. I keep pointing out that pbn gives their members a choice too... Buy it or don't buy it.

Here is my take on it followed by a few questions.

I like the design and the ability to change the splash panel colors. It gives people who want a bright jersey or a subdued jersey the opportunity to buy one. Also since BT took the initiative to do this and is doing all the leg work I think his opinion should matter more than the rest. You did a good job incorporating as many ideas as possble and ended up with a good end product. I do agree with people that having the guys logo on the front and back is not neessary. Once on the back with the Animal logo is enough.

Now my questions;

Is it possible to get it so that the black background and grey honeycomb are able to be user customizable? It seems like it should be possible but I don't have a clue if it is or not.

Can this be put into the Animal Fan Shop? That would give people the opportunity to buy it at a later time. I ask for somewhat selfish reasons as I want to buy one but can't right now.

Did Tuna, Luke, SSP, BigEvil or anybody else want to have their logo put on the jersey? Any money given by them, if you wanted a contribution from them, could be used to offset the design costs.

I like the design overall.

The Magpie looks better now that it is bigger. However, I feel like the placement is going to look like a first name. IE. Magpie Johnson
    The honeycomb looks great, but somehow it seems to get lost.
    I'm not worried about the designers/animals symbol, but keep it in areas that are covered with a pack.

I like the overall design, with the exception of the wording I didn't notice across the butt area, I am with Justus on the curse word issue. I also think that the magpie should stand alone, no wording.........

This is your project for sure, BT. I apologize if I've come off very negative. The jersey has ended up in a good place, and I think that all-in-all it looks good, and most people are satisfied overall. Glad to hear that the "Chuff Chuff" hasn't been lost, and if we could get his logo off of the front of the jersey I think it'd look good.

lancecst and TimmyJay raise good questions/points, too.

EDIT: I would like to request not to have that "Ass kicking" line across my jersey either, if possible.

EDIT EDIT: And sort-of on the subject of the hex colors (and tying back to Justus' idea,too), maybe we could make the black hexes blue or grey instead? And then the outlines of the hexes could be grey/blue/orange in spirit of the AO forum colors
    Last edited by Billz804; 10-06-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Keep in mind the AO colors are different for how you have your forum settings... and previous jerseys had little to do with the AO forum colors unless you ordered silver/gray theme.

I would also be in favor of the "ass kicking" line being an option.

I suspect the Animal and Designers logos are present on the proofs to encourage compliance with a copyright. When we had CSG do the jersies in the long past their logo (much less obtrusive, but i digress) was optional on your final order. I am fine with sporting a simple Animal logo, since they are providing the product and service, but the redundant designer's stuff is a deal breaker for a lot of people.

I think this has been a great effort by BY, and the final product is sweet!

Also, I'd like to point out that this jersey is more associated with the event, to me, than strictly AO as a group. If it doesn't float your boat, you don't have to order it. You can commission your own! :P

BT!
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

ok

lancest: yes, yes and back in the design thread I offered a sponsorship option... everyone glazed over the comment so I took as a non popular option.

Grelvire: the wording on the butt will be optional

Bill: I will make sure that you can change the color of the hex... if you want. BUT if anyone wants to change a part of their jersey like the hex colors and then they do not like the effect... IT WILL NOT BE MY PROBLEM!

Fred: fred... fred... I know you feel my pain people will have the option of removing the designer and the animal logos. As far as being associated with just the event, I dont feel that way. some do, I dont. if it was for just this event it I would be getting together with CPX and working the event into the jersey.

Sounds like they are being amazingly flexible. The better question would be: what is not subject to change?

The shape of things and the content of the main logos... I. E. You can't change the AO Army star to say "everybody poops" or change the stars color or shape. Also you cannot make the hexagons into triangles

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    ok

lancest: yes, yes and back in the design thread I offered a sponsorship option... everyone glazed over the comment so I took as a non popular option.

Grelvire: the wording on the butt will be optional

Excellent on all accounts. I will definitely be ordering one then, maybe with the group if I can get the funds together.

lol. Now I want the butt wording to read "If you can read this please ask me to surrender"

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    lol. Now I want the butt wording to read "If you can read this please ask me to surrender"
    Haha this is amazing

How about "wide load"

How about "wide load"
    ..What are you implying about our butts?

nothing... cough

updated preorder with the art.

everyone go start picking out their jerseys

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...rsey-Pre-Order

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Brilliant...

It's such a jeep thing phrase

Looks alright, but I'd just ditch the whole 'Magpie' thing - since when has that been a 'mag or AO thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Looks alright, but I'd just ditch the whole 'Magpie' thing - since when has that been a 'mag or AO thing?
    That's essentially what got this whole thing started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    It's been a long standing tradition on this site that we all share a love of both mags and pie... I just combined the 2 when I started the team threads... dont believe me, search for "pie"

When I started the AO Army team (when I say I started, really it was Tom, but I just implemented the idea into reality) I had originally wanted us to be called Magpies, to represent the AO Army. it went back and forth and now we are the AO Army and all of us are magpies. its silly, it really is. half of us identify with the magpie and the other half identify with the AO Army, still on the same team, lol.

Justus I'm sorry you feel that way. I will admit I had a vision but was swayed by people. Dont want the phrase? I'll remove it. I'mtrying to please everyone on the site at once. Its hard iI'd like to point out that pbn says "here's our jersey... Dont like it.... Dont buy it" what you said doesn't hurt me and I want you to know that cause I knew I wouldn't please everyone. The hardest thing for me to do is hurt someone's feelings or do something that might. Thank you.
    You didn't hurt my feelings. I just noticed that you posted this:

Seriously if people are voting no it would be nice to know why.
    and I wanted to give you some honest feedback. I do applaud your efforts, and acknowledge that it's not an easy task.

Here's an example of where I thought the jersey idea was going originally:

Name:  examplejersey.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  105.7 KB

Although, I actually thought that the dark swaths were going to go over the shoulders and down the sleeves, with some texture to look like plate armor, and the lighter gray hex pattern down the chest and around the flank area. (turn it upside down)

see I wouldnt of minded that, no one suggested it and I suck at this, lol

HAHA!! Now we're getting somewhere. I don't even mind the splashes. If the black lines that make the hex pattern can be changed to a dark gray or even the dark slate color from the splash, I think it will tie the whole thing together.

EDIT: OOh! and the Magpie on the back, change the teal gradient on the wings to use one of the colors from the splash, so it doesn't look out of place either. Then, perfect. The other logos aren't going to be of the same color palate, but they're logos, so they don't have to be.

That's looking better every time. Ideally, the hex pattern would also be a gradient from darker to lighter as it goes down the jersey, just like the background. That's more of a finishing touch kinda thing though. This mock-up looks good to me. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Ideally, the hex pattern would also be a gradient from darker to lighter as it goes down the jersey, just like the background.

MOTY3
    Wait can we start over I just noticed there are no dancing bananas on this jersey.

I think the jerseys are nice. One thing to keep in mind is that if you aren't happy with what is offered, don't buy it. You can also contact Animal and design your dream shirt at any time. I think BT has been more than patient in trying to accommodate peoples input, but at this point, it is essentially a done deal. Take it or leave it. There is an explanation of what can and can't be done with the existing pattern in the dealers thread.

Good job in taking the bull by the horns BT!